The 'How To Take Years Off Your Life' thread

Ive got two kids who are absolutely tremendous. However, their sleep, or lack of, has absolutely taken years off me. 6am is a long lie for us and that’s if we get a solid nights sleep. They are generally up at 5am but also up 2-3 times a night so sleep is generally broken. I’m telling myself when I reach 45 I’ll regain the years back as SHOULD be old enough to know better. 

The lack of sleep affects all parts of our life which is pretty frustrating. I have a really busy job plus do other stuff on the side so constantly feel fucked. Plus my son is a little shit if he is tired so invariably everyone ends up fighting with each other. 

In short, sleep is fucking important and everyone should enjoy it 

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

Ive got two kids who are absolutely tremendous. However, their sleep, or lack of, has absolutely taken years off me. 6am is a long lie for us and that’s if we get a solid nights sleep. They are generally up at 5am but also up 2-3 times a night so sleep is generally broken. I’m telling myself when I reach 45 I’ll regain the years back as SHOULD be old enough to know better. 

The lack of sleep affects all parts of our life which is pretty frustrating. I have a really busy job plus do other stuff on the side so constantly feel fucked. Plus my son is a little shit if he is tired so invariably everyone ends up fighting with each other. 

Give them gin

On 17/02/2023 at 06:17, Aufc said:

I actually came on here this morning to simply post:

’Huv weans’.  

Having children doesn’t take years off your life, in my opinion and experience, when they are very small, enrich your relationship and are a major part of your lives for at least a decade. 

For me, it’s when they turn late teens, literally don’t give a flying eff about you or your emotions, and basically drain the joy out of life until you either learn to ignore them by retiring to Spain or die prematurely with disappointment or stress.

On 17/02/2023 at 06:17, Aufc said:

I had to double check this wasn’t me who posted the above. My son is also a little shit who kicks me in the balls when sleeping next to me. 

16 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Testicular fascination confirmed as hereditary.

It’s mostly to do with the size they are in relation to myself when lying next to me in bed but I frequently get kicked there and it’s not a nice way to be woken.