Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, DrewDon said:

Dire stuff that I have resorted to thinking, as an SNP voter and independence supporter, that Humza Yousaf is almost certainly now going to be the least bad bet to be First Minister. What a dismal slate of candidates. 

Thats the thing that no matter how shambolic now, the end result of this leadership process will be Yousaf as FM.

The worst is yet to come.

I wonder how many on here remember back to the beginning of the parliament?

I remember when Henry Mcleish was First Minister. Apparently competent and taking over from something of a big name in Dewar, he wasn't very good in the end. I imagine who comes next will be like McLeish (who resigned in disgrace over what, by Boris standards, is an utterly trivial offence)

Are we absolutely saying that if you're one of the 45 MPs in Westminster, you can't stand for leadership of the party but if you're one of the 64 in Holyrood, you can?

They've all been elected to represent people in one or other chamber and it seems nuts to me that you'd only choose from 64 rather than 109. 

I get that there are optics in play around Holyrood but if the best people to lead the party are currently in Westminster, there's no shame in that. 

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I wonder how many on here remember back to the beginning of the parliament?

I remember when Henry Mcleish was First Minister. Apparently competent and taking over from something of a big name in Dewar, he wasn't very good in the end. I imagine who comes next will be like McLeish (who resigned in disgrace over what, by Boris standards, is an utterly trivial offence)

He wasn't really around long enough to figure out if he was good or not, at a time when Labour ran both governments, so not like Holyrood at the time had a lot of agency anyway.

1 minute ago, HTG said:

Are we absolutely saying that if you're one of the 45 MPs in Westminster, you can't stand for leadership of the party but if you're one of the 64 in Holyrood, you can?

They've all been elected to represent people in one or other chamber and it seems nuts to me that you'd only choose from 64 rather than 109. 

I get that there are optics in play around Holyrood but if the best people to lead the party are currently in Westminster, there's no shame in that. 

Not just optics, I guess. By definition the WM cohort have zero ministerial experience, limited knowledge of the personalities around Holyrood and how it all ticks. It'd be difficult to parachute someone in and make it work.

I came on to the thread to make some sort of The Thick of It comparison to what Forbes has done. She's managed to outdo herself in the fourteen hours since I was last online. A genuinely astonishing turn of affairs. It would be impressive if it wasn't for something so important.

6 minutes ago, HTG said:

The only way this would fly is if they trigger a Holyrood election and the MP can then stand.

2 minutes ago, Bodie said:

The only way this would fly is if they trigger a Holyrood election and the MP can then stand.

Well, I suppose if you could convince a constituency MSP to stand aside, but it'd have to be a very safe one, and it's not like you can promise then a peerage for their troubles.

List MSP resigns and I think they are replaced by whoever was se ond on the list last time. So that's a no go until the lists are reformulated.

35 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

I knew Kate would be a bin fire but she’s even surprised me at how quickly she’s made a mess of this. She is and always has been the classic case of the more you see the less you like politically. 

I really don’t know where this myth about her political savvy has come from either. As people can see she couldn’t manoeuvre her way out a wet paper bag.

No hard personal feelings to her but I really hope the last 24 hours has done for her, she’d be a disastrous FM.

35 minutes ago, ScotiaNostra said:

No one else is going to enter now, So surprisingly its Yousaf v Regan with Forbes the outside bet

A shambles beyond anyones imagination and we havent even started yet

Mick McCarthy Stares at Camera and Smiles | Gifrific

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Straight answers to straight questions, unfortunately she got asked the gay one.

It's also a total straw man argument. As she well knows.

No-one is barring her from high office. She's welcome to run, and then the electorate will judge her.

14 minutes ago, Bodie said:

I'm genuinely excited to see what she comes out with next tbh.

She hates puppies, Sean Connery, Local Hero,  Irn Bru, tablet, Ewan McGregor,  Still Game and Nessie isn't real. 

She also thinks that Johnathan Watson's impression of Frank MacAvennie is "timeless".