Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Well she was never particularly popular locally anyway. She was pushed into position against the wishes of many by Dave Thompson (former MSP and fellow church goer). She wasn't good at engaging with branch managers in her campaigns and was seen to be a bit aloof. So, she was starting from quite a low base and now with Dave Thompson's connections to ALBA and the way her campaign as went those discontented are pretty furious. Just look at who the list MSP's, MP, councillors etc. in the area are backing. Mostly not Kate. 

You have to wonder who's advising her on strategy for persuading the members, first trashing the SNP's record and now questioning if it has the integrity to run a fair election. This after spending weeks trying to dial back on her disapproval of single parents and gay marriage.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

You have to wonder who's advising her on strategy for persuading the members, first trashing the SNP's record and now questioning if it has the integrity to run a fair election. This after spending weeks trying to dial back on her disapproval of single parents and gay marriage.

John McTernan imo

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I think that maybe Forbes realises that her social policy views have messed her own nest so she is going for an attack on the process.  Her constant attacks on her own Government's record might see her booted to the back benches if she loses. I can't see how she could ever survive as a SNP rep on a panel programme like Question Time or even Have I Got News For You.  If she really does feature in future Tory party political broadcasts, she'd be a liability to the Party. 

1 minute ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

If she really does feature in future Tory party political broadcasts, she'd be a liability to the Party. 

She's already been quoted extensively by Rishi Sunak and Douglas Ross for ammo against Sturgeon and Flynn in FMQs and PMQs. Not a good look.

She certainly seems unafraid to to say what she thinks and Yousaf is certainly not afraid to say whatever he thinks the person he speaking to wants. Its certainly the pick of a bad bunch. Regan is so far out of it I dont think shes going to get enough votes that 2nd preference of those voters will count for much between Forbes and Yousaf.

Forbes seems more competent and in terms of running the country she would probably have it well organised and maybe focused enough on a few things to actually implement them well, the downside ofcourse is she seems to be completely unafraid to voice her opinion on any subject and as mentioned shes certainly got some people in the SNP against her due to that but she may also bring people to the snp in terms of votes.

Yousaf my fear is , he was gifted the job with the SNP establishemnt supporting him, Forbes completely self destructed and he hasnt even been able to take advantage of that. Any decent contender would be streets ahead by now. The more he has spoken in this contest the less chance he looks like winning and the less competent he looks and thats in just a few weeks. If he wins how is everyone going to feel about him in 6 months and a year after hearing him every day. The thought of having to listen to him over any length of time is pretty dreadful.

Edited by ScotiaNostra

11 minutes ago, ScotiaNostra said:

Yousaf my fear is , he was gifted the job with the SNP establishemnt supporting him, Forbes completely self destructed and he hasnt even been able to take advantage of that. Any decent contender would be streets ahead by now. The more he has spoken in this contest the less chance he looks like winning and the less competent he looks and thats in just a few weeks. If he wins how is everyone going to feel about him in 6 months and a year after hearing him every day. The thought of having to listen to him over any length of time is pretty dreadful.

He's certainly been getting worse, repetitive and tetchy in the last two debates, while Forbes has grown in assurance. Unluckily for Forbes it might have come too late, most members supposedly voted on Monday when they got the emails, up until then Humza was looking like the only credible candidate I thought, and this latest stunt by Forbes is likely to put off a dwindling number of undecideds.

Edited by welshbairn

55 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

That is painfully thin analysis. However, it does raise the point of the dreadful lack of talent in the MSP group currently. This isn't a new concern but now it's out in the open for everyone to see. 

It's almost like blocking any MPs from becoming MSPs without resigning first was a bad idea. Who'd have thought that?

Party HQ wanted Gus in Edinburgh Central and Cherry nowhere near it. Short term gain for long term pain that one. I expect Gus would have beaten Cherry for the nomination anyway. 

Edited by Trogdor

While you only have to look at Yousaf's ministerial record for some substantial evidence of incompetence, I'm not seeing where Forbes' reputation for competence comes from. The more the campaign goes on, the more it looks like wishful thinking based on the sole criteria of not being Humza Yousaf.

Considering that her campaign opened with her setting fire to it by making social issues the story for over a week that's quite an achievement, but her campaign manager piling in on baseless electoral fraud allegations is hardly a good look. On the evidence of the last month, the notion that she's the candidate offering level-headed competence, or even less incompetence than Yousaf, is a myth.

If it comes down to who can move the country closer to independence, Im not sure I see Yousaf moving it anywhere but further away from happening. Forbes has the potential to bring non SNP voters into the orbit of voting Yes who may not have before. Though saying that she can easily be as bad as Yousaf can be. 

Edited by ScotiaNostra

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The returning officer invited the 3 of them in to discuss the procedure and none of them turned up 😂

Still not really understanding why the size of the electorate is such a sensitive subject? Surely if they were going to rig the vote, which is obviously a mental take in the first place, they would just report as many eligible voters as they need to get the establishment candidate over the line anyway?

It is a mental take but it makes me wonder whats been going on behind the scenes the last few years. Id guess not much but if the level of transparency has been zero then thats what happens, rumours and accusations are easily made. This isnt like anyone didnt warn about having a husband and wife leading a party. Its been mentioned on here since Sturgeon became leader and too many wrote it off as nothing to worry about.

Edited by ScotiaNostra