Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I remain sceptical of the idea that the SNP are going to suddenly start losing elections when there's no credible opposition. Humza and Forbes may be unimpressive compared to Nicola, but they're both streets ahead of Sarwar, Cole-Hamilton and Ross. 

39 minutes ago, Iain said:

I remain sceptical of the idea that the SNP are going to suddenly start losing elections when there's no credible opposition. Humza and Forbes may be unimpressive compared to Nicola, but they're both streets ahead of Sarwar, Cole-Hamilton and Ross. 

All opposition leaders would have to do to put Forbes on the back foot in the event she wins is quote her.

10 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

All opposition leaders would have to do to put Forbes on the back foot in the event she wins is quote her.

It would be quite interesting to have the Greens grow and become the leftist Indy party and the SNP establish itself as a centrist Indy party with conservative economics. Would even the playing field a little with the split Unionist vote

44 minutes ago, Elixir said:

The SNP are absolutely in the gutter, aren't they? Finished party. It's going to be a slow motion car crash watching certain folk on here come to terms with it.

They won't be the first party to go through an acrimonious leadership election. 

29 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Imagine Forbes would have to put together a brain trust comprising Ewing, Mason and the ghost of John Knox and then do a massive 90 degree veer to the right in the first 100 days to negate that barb.

1 hour ago, Iain said:

I think the whole "membership numbers" schtick has been massively overblown.

There was a peak around the time that the inquiry was going after Sturgeon (lots of people joined in solidarity).

Yep, they have dropped since then, but the SNP still has huge per capita membership numbers versus every other party.

While Labour are certainly looking like the party to gain any lost SNP voters, the notion that masses of people who previously wanted Independence are voting in droves for the Unionist parties is just tinfoil hat stuff.

52 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I say this as someone really quite anti SNP, but there should be no problem at all with her saying things have been a fucking shambles and she’s here to improve them.

The honesty should be commended rather than a stick to beat her with.

I thought I'd cancelled my membership when I was going through all my direct debits and standing orders to cancel as many as possible, but it turned out I'd volunteered to pay extra and my normal subs are still going through. I expect there are far more cancelled memberships due to the likes of energy bills than there are due to Omicron and GRR, the average age of members is pretty high like most parties so I doubt the SG's over reaction to Omicron made a huge effect, and given the tiny support for Alba I doubt the GRR bill did either. Last I saw was that Labour's membership has plummeted too despite doing well in the UK polls.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Maybe the last debate tonight, 7.20.

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/debate/

I submitted a question, hopefully it will liven up things if it's used

Why did none of you turn up to a meeting offered by the National Secretary on February 28th to discuss the election procedure, especially if you had reservations about its integrity? And if so why did you not question the same procedure when it was used for previous elections, including those for Deputy Leader?