Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I now feel that whomever gets the gig is very much just a placeholder appointment much like Swinney after Salmond the first time round was. 

The difference is that Swinney was leader of the SNP as a party when they were in opposition in Holyrood.  He didn't have any actual power, unlike whoever wins this election who will have substantial power.

2 minutes ago, Bodie said:

Thought my mum would have been a stick on for Humza but she's just shocked me by saying she's voted for Forbes. She is an arch Sturgeonite and Regan is her MSP.

That's odd she told me that she'd voted for Regan - JUST AFTER I FINISHED PUMPING HER THE OTHER NIGHT.  😆😆🤣🤣

If Tam Cowan is reading he can have that one for free.

4 hours ago, Bodie said:

There's certainly electoral decline in the post for the SNP but I doubt they're finished.

I think it's more likely turnout will be affected rather than folk switching to other parties, although Labour will no doubt pick up a few. This would affect them more at Westminster elections than Holyrood.

The SNP carried a lot of votes - from people 'on the fence' - due to Sturgeon's personal popularity.  Hard to quantify it but a decent guess is that the Nationalist 'base vote' is 30% +/- 5.

The Nats are clearly 'not finished' as you say but they do have a long way to fall - and that includes a lot of voters switching parties.  Note, too, that if they're trying to reach rock bottom they're going the right way about it.

58 minutes ago, virginton said:

The only reason why it became an issue at all is because the SNP top brass refused to release them for so long. It's a minor demonstration of the toxic fixation with secrecy under that useless slaphead Murrell. 

Thats true, the lack of transparency caused by the top of the snp has created more issues than it would have just being upfront about everything

1 hour ago, virginton said:

The only reason why it became an issue at all is because the SNP top brass refused to release them for so long. It's a minor demonstration of the toxic fixation with secrecy under that useless slaphead Murrell. 

Other parties are just as secretive unless they're on the rise, the Tories refused to release the numbers right through Truss's campaign. Don't see the point myself, the Electoral Commission don't insist on it but it's a bad look.

Hopefully the membership stooshie stirred up by Forbes and Regan will be the death knell of their careers - not to mention Labour and Tory quoting them in their propaganda against ScotGov. Who cares how many members the party has? They could easily have got info on voter numbers internally and kept it all in-house. Ditto other parties. How many members Labour and Tory have is the least of the problems I have with these two arsecheeks.

Also sad, but not surprising, to hear the BBC wheel out that fat sex-pest Salmond to further keep the fire burning on the membeship issue. That's Alba who garnered 0.6% of the vote FFS...

3 hours ago, thisal said:

The membership numbers is certainly overblown. SNP membership at the 2014 referendum was 25000. It rose rapidly from then to a peak of 125000 in 2019 and is now at 72000. To put that into context the latest House of Commons Library figures are:-

Lab 432000 0.9% of electorate

Con 172000 0.4% of electorate

SNP 72000 1.8% of electorate. (16th Mar) 

Labour has fallen from 523000 since Starmer took over. 

Aye, but you don't have to live in Scotland to be a member. There'll be loads of SNP members down south who've joined precisely because they can't vote in Scottish elections as it gives them a sense of belonging.

wEN R teHy goNg 2 reLeas tOheS Figgyrz? 🙂

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I see the Media Chief of the SNP has resigned. After publicly denying they had lost 30,000 members last month. Apparently it was out by a factor of 100.

Another human sacrifice to protect the charlatan in chief Murrell?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-64993032

Thrown under the gravy bus.

12 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Hopefully the membership stooshie stirred up by Forbes and Regan will be the death knell of their careers - not to mention Labour and Tory quoting them in their propaganda against ScotGov. Who cares how many members the party has? They could easily have got info on voter numbers internally and kept it all in-house. 

To keep it all safely in-house, you really shouldn't let the former FM's husband - sitting under an enormous cloud of accusations - continue to run the party. 

The only look for the SNP until the slaphead leaves is maximum transparency. 

5 minutes ago, virginton said:

In what way was he acting in good faith? He's a spin doctor FFS. 

I think he's implicating party HQ. They gave him the responses and he acted in good faith by passing them on to the press verbatim? Hopefully Murrell's resignation is imminent.

18 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Hopefully the membership stooshie stirred up by Forbes and Regan will be the death knell of their careers - not to mention Labour and Tory quoting them in their propaganda against ScotGov. Who cares how many members the party has? They could easily have got info on voter numbers internally and kept it all in-house. Ditto other parties. How many members Labour and Tory have is the least of the problems I have with these two arsecheeks.

Also sad, but not surprising, to hear the BBC wheel out that fat sex-pest Salmond to further keep the fire burning on the membeship issue. That's Alba who garnered 0.6% of the vote FFS...

"My Party Wrong or Wrong" stuff from you, here.

This thread has more than a whiff of the early days of the BRALT about it.  When @bennett and I were saying, "Naw, it can't be that bad".  Turns out, it was actually much worse!

30 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I see the Media Chief of the SNP has resigned. After publicly denying they had lost 30,000 members last month. Apparently it was out by a factor of 10.

Another human sacrifice to protect the charlatan in chief Murrell?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-64993032

With Liz Llloyd off for a well earned rest it's not been a great day all round. Pete Murrell must surely be off to spend more time with his magpies shortly. If this loyalty from senior staff continues you will have a puppet winning the leadership contest and nobody left to pull his strings   

13 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I think he's implicating party HQ. They gave him the responses and he acted in good faith by passing them on to the press verbatim? Hopefully Murrell's resignation is imminent.

There's no doubt about it, whoever gave Foote outright lies to share with us must be booted out before they get the chance to leave with a severance payment. 

Once again, the seagulls being trawled and tweeting (if seagulls can) about treachery might like to consider what would drive sober contributors to regretfully call these things out.

If you've already impetuously cast your vote for continuity, well done you. Clumsy Yousaf doesn't have the wit to rise above it.