Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

What's the big fucking secret? Just get the numbers out.

Who really cares?

The only people losing their shit about this are not members of the SNP (or Ash Regan / Forbes and their supporters who are trying to deflect from probably losing).

I voted as soon as the email arrived, I didnt thrash about worrying if there were 60000 or 100000 others in the party.

Its a total irrelevance.

14 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Possibly zero (today, at least).

It's not a big deal, they're just not physically meeting over a yes or no question, they're voting by email. Means the numbers will probably be released more quickly than them all traipsing into HQ. 

Edited by welshbairn

21 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Who really cares?

The only people losing their shit about this are not members of the SNP (or Ash Regan / Forbes and their supporters who are trying to deflect from probably losing).

I voted as soon as the email arrived, I didnt thrash about worrying if there were 60000 or 100000 others in the party.

Its a total irrelevance.

And Humza too

So only people who are not members of the SNP (98-99% of the country) plus all three people wanting to be leader of the SNP and the next first minister, the complete irrelevancies.

19 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's not a big deal, they're just not physically meeting over a yes or no question, they're voting by email. Means the numbers will probably be released more quickly than them all traipsing into HQ. 

If that's correct it won't stop the conspiracy theorists. They'll probably be claiming that the email/online meeting process has been hacked. It's all getting a bit Trumpian.

Just got my third invite from the Inverness Courier to apply for a ticket for a hustings they're holding in a hut on a Culloden industrial estate tomorrow night, I think it's a Jehovah Witnesses meeting place. Don't appear to be many takers, it's supposed to be being streamed live on their website. I'll be away on the Moray Riviera or I'd probably have gone, and asked what their favourite biscuits are or something to throw Ash.

32 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Just got my third invite from the Inverness Courier to apply for a ticket for a hustings they're holding in a hut on a Culloden industrial estate tomorrow night, I think it's a Jehovah Witnesses meeting place. Don't appear to be many takers, it's supposed to be being streamed live on their website. I'll be away on the Moray Riviera or I'd probably have gone, and asked what their favourite biscuits are or something to throw Ash.

Ash - Bath Olivers.

Forbes has burnt a lot of bridges since the start of this campaign both in the wider party and her local constituency branch. Quite a high risk or alternatively stupid strategy. If she doesn't win her future in the party will probably be pretty bleak.

Ash Regan? I refuse to believe she's a real person.  

3 hours ago, virginton said:

If Forbes is an actual maniac then why did the former and "very successful" FM appoint her to probably the most important role in the Scottish Cabinet? 

That is painfully thin analysis. However, it does raise the point of the dreadful lack of talent in the MSP group currently. This isn't a new concern but now it's out in the open for everyone to see. 

2 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Forbes has burnt a lot of bridges since the start of this campaign both in the wider party and her local constituency branch. Quite a high risk or alternatively stupid strategy. If she doesn't win her future in the party will probably be pretty bleak.

Ash Regan? I refuse to believe she's a real person.  

What's she done there? 

3 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I think that's been addressed in another post, but I don't think it's a mystery. Religious views (which I assume is the source of the issue) are far more problematic in areas of social policy than in accountancy. 

The Finance Secretary holding deeply religious views and using them as the basis for decision making probably isn't much of an issue. However the same person in charge of education or health might be a bit different. IMO there's enough religious influence in government already. 

The Finance Secretary's views would certainly have been an issue, if she was indeed an "absolute maniac" as described. Those types of people don't tend to stay in their narrow lane, do they?

It's almost as if Forbes' views were already known all along to Sturgeon, Yousaf etc. (a two-faced hypocrite himself on 'moral' issues), which makes the sudden pearl-clutching exercise laughable. 

7 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

What's she done there? 

Well she was never particularly popular locally anyway. She was pushed into position against the wishes of many by Dave Thompson (former MSP and fellow church goer). She wasn't good at engaging with branch managers in her campaigns and was seen to be a bit aloof. So, she was starting from quite a low base and now with Dave Thompson's connections to ALBA and the way her campaign as went those discontented are pretty furious. Just look at who the list MSP's, MP, councillors etc. in the area are backing. Mostly not Kate. 

Edited by Londonwell

6 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Well she was never particularly popular locally anyway. She was pushed into position against the wishes of many by Dave Thompson (former MSP and fellow church goer). She wasn't good at engaging with branch managers in her campaigns and was seen to be a bit aloof. So, she was starting from quite a low base and now with Dave Thompson's connections to ALBA and the way her campaign as went those discontented are pretty furious. Just look at who the list MSP's, MP, councillors etc. in the area are backing. Mostly not Kate. 

Cheers