Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, maybe. There is a lack of decent candidates, though. So deciding you're going to reject one because he's too similar to the sane leader that has just stood down in favour of one of the two actual maniac alternatives doesn't seem like a path to guaranteed electoral party times.

19 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

If there are a 100,000 members and 110,000 votes, questions might be asked...

I think you'll probably find that less than 75% of members will vote, probably after taking a look at the utterly dismal candidates on offer. 

11 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Well, maybe. There is a lack of decent candidates, though. So deciding you're going to reject one because he's too similar to the sane leader that has just stood down in favour of one of the two actual maniac alternatives doesn't seem like a path to guaranteed electoral party times.

If Forbes is an actual maniac then why did the former and "very successful" FM appoint her to probably the most important role in the Scottish Cabinet? 

Edited by vikingTON

12 hours ago, wirez said:

That is some weak sauce.

Having an election where you know the exact size of the electorate taking part, should not be controversial.

Thousands of workers today knew the size of the memberships of unions and the thresholds needed to pass for strike action.

The Tories refused to reveal their numbers of members during Truss's campaign, I don't think any of the parties do, other than bragging about a rough figure when it looks good.

Edited by welshbairn

26 minutes ago, virginton said:

If Forbes is an actual maniac then why did the former and "very successful" FM appoint her to probably the most important role in the Scottish Cabinet? 

Well, as we are seeing, there is a lack of depth. Doesn't mean she should be anywhere near the leadership. Also, it isn't her economic policies that marks her out as a maniac. As leader, your views on social matters are much more public and significant.

21 minutes ago, virginton said:

I think that's been addressed in another post, but I don't think it's a mystery. Religious views (which I assume is the source of the issue) are far more problematic in areas of social policy than in accountancy. 

The Finance Secretary holding deeply religious views and using them as the basis for decision making probably isn't much of an issue. However the same person in charge of education or health might be a bit different. IMO there's enough religious influence in government already. 

39 minutes ago, virginton said:

They didn't really have much time to vet her considering the predecessor was binned on budget day for chatting up 16 year old boys.

If anything, that experience probably made a Free Church member seem a lot more appealing.

Peter Murrell is the most fascinating person in Scottish politics.  I really hope someone writes a biography of him, no-one seems to know anything about the guy.  It's unusual as the partners of political leaders usually have some profile but I don't recall ever hearing him say anything publicly about anything.  He is almost like a throwback to machine poltiics, a boss who's always in power but has never been elected.

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Murdo Fraser does realise he's a Tory, right?

Fraser isnt particularly savvy as a politician, his outbursts only appeal to those red faced gammony types who already vote for him.

See also The Herald and Scotsman readers - again, both pretty irrelevant to the actual contest taking place.

It amusing when you read the BBC article on this, Gavin Newlands (SNP MP) said the claims by Regan were ludicrous - I tend to agree, and it seems the last act of a completely failed campaign. Also amusing that Michelle Thomson is her campaign manager.............

15 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

It amusing when you read the BBC article on this, Gavin Newlands (SNP MP) said the claims by Regan were ludicrous - I tend to agree, and it seems the last act of a completely failed campaign. Also amusing that Michelle Thomson is her campaign manager.............

Thomson is Kate Forbes's manager which is surprising, I wouldn't have thought Forbes would want to align herself with Regan's conspiracy theories, particularly after how badly it went down when she trashed the SNP record, Sunak quoted her again yesterday in response to Flynn at PMQs.

24 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Fraser isnt particularly savvy as a politician, his outbursts only appeal to those red faced gammony types who already vote for him.

See also The Herald and Scotsman readers - again, both pretty irrelevant to the actual contest taking place.

Michelle Thomson is Forbes' campaign manager.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Thomson is Kate Forbes's manager which is surprising, I wouldn't have thought Forbes would want to align herself with Regan's conspiracy theories, particularly after how badly it went down when she trashed the SNP record, Sunak quoted her again yesterday in response to Flynn at PMQs.

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

Michelle Thomson is Forbes' campaign manager.

Aye, sorry lads a mistype - Thomson is still a walloper tho

24 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Good stuff, Leafy.  In the course of a month, the road to independence has become the road to nowhere and the SNP has gone from king of the hill to a laughing stock.

But just you stick with lashing out at Murdo, Tooarrrries, gammons and newspaper readers.  Oh and to discrediting the claims made by all three candidates in this SNP showpiece.

1 hour ago, Bodie said:

Wonder what membershp number they'll confirm today.

I'll go for 67,000

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Radio Scotland floating 78,000.

53 minutes ago, moses1924 said:

81,000 for me

Possibly zero (today, at least).