Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

54 minutes ago, sophia said:

John Swinney claims he doesn't and I think Johnny Beattie should've pressed him more than he did on his radio show.

Swinney just didn't sound believable. 

I'm not sure about any great conspiracies but the missteps from the small team that control the SNP message is part of a worrying trend. Right from the start of this process when they tried to conduct the hustings in secret, this episode does say something about them. 

Glenn Campbell quoted as saying on The Nine, the SNP Executive are meeting tomorrow - a senior source within the party expects membership figures will then be announced.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

One MSP who will f**k off to Alba when she loses abysmally.

Err... it was on behalf of Regan AND Forbes

And Humza's chiming in too

https://www.thenational.scot/news/23388664.ash-regan-kate-forbes-humza-yousaf-ask-snp-chief-peter-murrell-membership-data

Humza Yousaf's campaign has also urged the SNP chief to release the figures. 

Neil Gray, who is running Yousaf's campaign, said: "Yesterday, Humza's campaign team also asked for the figures to be published and sought assurances this would be done as soon as possible."

Your mate Bingo Wings is on it like a rat up a drainpipe naturally enough  🙂 

Now I haven’t read every post on this thread but I’m surprised more hasn’t been made of Ash Regan reaching out to other pro-independence parties and the way she’s heralding this as if she’s some sort of diplomat. The SSP have faded away to nothing, Alba couldn’t get a councillor elected, Hope Over Fear is Tommy Sheridan’s latest ego trip to nowhere and the Independence 4 Scotland Party could fit their entire membership in a phone box. 

I know there’s next to no chance of her getting elected but why is someone trying to become the First Minister of Scotland associating herself with these parties who are minuscule in terms of size and outreach?

Edited by Highland Capital

17 hours ago, orfc said:

Err... it was on behalf of Regan AND Forbes

And Humza's chiming in too

https://www.thenational.scot/news/23388664.ash-regan-kate-forbes-humza-yousaf-ask-snp-chief-peter-murrell-membership-data

Humza Yousaf's campaign has also urged the SNP chief to release the figures. 

Neil Gray, who is running Yousaf's campaign, said: "Yesterday, Humza's campaign team also asked for the figures to be published and sought assurances this would be done as soon as possible."

Your mate Bingo Wings is on it like a rat up a drainpipe naturally enough  🙂 

Regan has been moaning the most about it - she even went to the Heil last week complaining about it - which is fucking stupid.

There's better ways to raise an issue than mouthing off to that wouldn't wipe my arse with rag.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

When a high ranking cabinet figure questions the party rules then perhaps the baw is burst. How long can this coronation continue before a time out is called. Perhaps Zimbabwe can lend a hand and provide their template so we get a fairer contest 

8 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

When a high ranking cabinet figure questions the party rules then perhaps the baw is burst. How long can this coronation continue before a time out is called. Perhaps Zimbabwe can lend a hand and provide their template so we get a fairer contest 

This is as about as far from a coronation as you could get.

If it's a coronation you are looking for just look at the current Prime Minister - elected without any input from party members.

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Someone on the telly said that the various campaign people she had talked to thought that to be the case. I'm not sure how knowing the numbers of members would help the candidates at this stage though.

If there are a 100,000 members and 110,000 votes, questions might be asked...

2 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Given that Sturgeon was very successful, overall, that doesn't seem a disastrous tactic to me.

She only resigned because it was no longer sustainable and her political capital had been frittered away on utter shite.

Trying the same act with someone who started their campaign by tacitly admitting that they were a much less competent politician - and with no fresh ideas to compensate for this - is a dreadful tactic for actual leadership and electoral success.