Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Perverse logic from me: the SNP need to find voters well beyond those sectors that they have already well exhausted. If the voting membership are at all serious about independence, they’ll engage with Forbes to expand their appeal rightwards - to those that put the economy before progressiveness  

After all, as @Granny Danger and others have said many times, once independence is won the snp will disband and a new political landscape will emerge. Who cares who votes, just get them to vote snp…

31 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Can you lads and lassies let me know if its worth a watch. 

Not really, nobody's impressed tbh. Forbes still hasn't told me her strategy for growing the economy, she and Ash just keep repeating the mantra that all they have to do is listen to people, Kate to business people and frontline staff and Ash to members and indy think tanks. Humza's just on repeat.

Finally got to the end after having to pause the telly too often. Ash missed a massive open goal about what she should be judged on after the first 5 years of her leadership. She wittered on about the NHS in an attempt to have a go at Humza, all she had to say is achieving independence, which is a prerequisite for getting the power to sort out all the other issues. Big cheer from the members and a boo from everyone else, sorted. 

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Thanks folks, on balance, I'll give it a miss.

That's a pity.

I watched and thought it a good use of my time.

Unlike @welshbairn i didn't expect a full exposition on macro economic policy, a thing that is always quite tricky in the context of such a setting and I thought that there was a clear victor over the course of the hour.

Just now, sophia said:

That's a pity.

I watched and thought it a good use of my time.

Unlike @welshbairn i didn't expect a full exposition on macro economic policy, a thing that is always quite tricky in the context of such a setting and I thought that there was a clear victor over the course of the hour.

It was her asking Humza that very question that got me, he waffled something about keeping progressive but missed the opportunity to reverse the question, "How would you grow the economy Kate?". Her answers so far have just been about listening to business people, she's Financial Secretary so no excuse about not seeing the books, she knows the options and is fully equipped to have a strategy, but it seems she either doesn't see fit to share it because it might scare off the left, or she doesn't have a scoobie and she's offering empty promises. Unfortunately I'll be in Lossiemouth on Friday night for the Inverness Courier hustings so I won't be able to ask her that direct question. I'm pretty well 50/50 at the moment which has changed from 60/40 for Humza.  

3 hours ago, virginton said:

A bold take from the Brexit-voting dotard who slithered out of the country to avoid the consequences. 

I always find it incredibly weird that legitimate criticism of the snp is answered with ‘but but its better than England’. Have any of these cretins seen England? Fucking Yemen is better than England, its hardly the ‘gotcha’ they think it is. 

On 16/02/2023 at 21:53, superbigal said:

Got on the lovely Kate at 2.15 for a max bet (restricted) at 11/2.  Decent value as now about 2/1

Saying that Hills were thick as fook.  Douglas Ross and various other tories were all about 25s

Screenshot_20230216_215126_Chrome.jpg

Just lumped on her at 2/1 with Bet365, surprised it's still so high. Same as about 10 minutes after you got those cracking odds just before Sturgeon announced her resignation.

Edited by welshbairn

7 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I always find it incredibly weird that legitimate criticism of the snp is answered with ‘but but its better than England’. Have any of these cretins seen England? Fucking Yemen is better than England, its hardly the ‘gotcha’ they think it is. 

A fair point -  but the only alternatives to the SNP (at least in terms of forming a government) are unfortunately the ones who have made England like that.

Yousaf's wee attack line that he looked back in records to see that Ash Regan didn't come to him with concerns when she was subordinate to him ages ago was as daft as it was transparently false.

First of all, he didn't, an aide told him it was a good line and his aide was wrong.

In any case, what kind of look is it for a manager to say after a crisis that "nobody told me"?

On 13/03/2023 at 22:45, sophia said:

That was his spiel tonight on the debate and I didn't believe him either.

There's only one way to get indy over the line and that is to convince that section of our electorate that will make the difference.

As much as we'd like to pretend that we can do that from the left, the smart money and the smartest leadership voters know the road to success.

Maybe that's it, the big brains thinking.  Outflank England to the right. 

brainlet-dreams-big-brain-thumbnail.png

3 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

On the BBC website, there's an image of some of today's front pages.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-64959988

I see that the "Scottish" Daily Mail went with "Humza's plot to axe the Royals". 

Excellent! 

BNew York axe attack 'terrorist act by Muslim convert' - BBC NewsBlow the picture up I know you want too.  

Edited by superbigal

11 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Politics is often about the least worst option.  Who would you prefer to be running Scotland?

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Politics is often about the least worst option.  Who would you prefer to be running Scotland?

Competent administrators? 
Im not saying im against the principle of a centre left party with progressive ideas who want an independent Scotland. Thats great. But what we have instead is a bunch of numpties at the heart of government making daft decisions, passing poorly thought out legislation and not delivering. Unfortunately these people will make the goal most of us share (indy) a less likely thing. I think it’s alright to say that despite the lack of choice im unhappy with the options. 

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Competent administrators? 
Im not saying im against the principle of a centre left party with progressive ideas who want an independent Scotland. Thats great. But what we have instead is a bunch of numpties at the heart of government making daft decisions, passing poorly thought out legislation and not delivering. Unfortunately these people will make the goal most of us share (indy) a less likely thing. I think it’s alright to say that despite the lack of choice im unhappy with the options. 

59 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Somebody, male or female who is competent and has competent Cabinet colleagues.

If you have a choice between A, B and C then saying you want D is deflection.

On 14/03/2023 at 07:46, Granny Danger said:

A leader cannot ‘achieve’ Independence, only the people can.

Sturgeon might have faltered latterly but most would agree she was a very formidable leader for years, yet she could not achieve Independence.

I wouldn't dispute "Formidable Leader" but what about her untimely resignation? She certainly doesn't appear to have thought this one through.

At least when Salmond resigned everyone knew who his successor was going to be. 

Nicola's dropped the SNP right in the shit here, and the 3 candidates vowing to take over the leadership are hardly inspiring choices.

She may very well have set the independence cause back many years. Wasn't Scottish Independence meant to be her raison d'etra?