Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

No sensible commentator wants "Indy now".....  but it's not really that complicated.

There is a natural majority in Scotland for independence.

Forget all the wind and p@sh socially divisive stuff. That can wait until after independence.

It's the economy stupid.

Get that right.

Get the currency and pension arguments sorted. 

After the baby boomers generation 

The rest of us us all have totally fucked non existent pensions anyway 

6 hours ago, GTee said:

It's mind boggling that folk decide if Scotland should self govern based on a person in charge of the government of the day. It's massively missing the point. 

At the time when a vote on it isn't even occurring 

I've thought that 2029 being 15 years,  a generation,  would be a natural juncture for another,  and final, vote

As with quebec, one framing of the question didn't settle the matter 

26 minutes ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

Sorry, but there isn't.

There was in sustained polling for a year when we physically left eu

Also during the covid pandemic

After liz truss there was, in polling

Gender recognition bill reversed that, in polling 

Edited by Binos

17 minutes ago, Binos said:

There was in sustained polling for a year when we physically left eu

Also during the covid pandemic

After liz truss there was, in polling

Gender recognition bill reversed that, in polling 

A Labour government could reverse it further.

For me, a natural independence majority would mean a significant Yes lead for a long time, which isn’t due to factors that could provoke knee jerk responses such as Brexit, Sturgeon playing politics during COVID or an unpopular Tory leader.

Edited by CarrbridgeSaintee

4 minutes ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

A Labour government could reverse it further.

For me, a natural independence majority would mean a significant Yes lead for a long time, which isn’t due to factors that could provoke knee jerk responses such as Brexit, Sturgeon playing politics during COVID or an unpopular Tory leader.

OK you're a no voter

As nothing that happens, brexit,  covid, truss, anything else seems to register with you other than knee jerk

The only extremely thin sliver of good news in all this is that as implosions go, it's quick. Better that, than drip feeding over weeks and months to come.

I dont believe for a minute that the 3 campaigns don't have some kind of straw poll of how they are doing, and I don't believe Forbes would have been in and around this had she been well ahead in the count so far. This is an attempt to turn the table over and hope she gets some momentum out of the chaos.

Could see it being Forbes now if enough votes are still not cast put there. Regan is a fucking bad joke, but either way it doesn't mean anything good for the SNP electorally.

If this episode damages the SNP in the longer term, Forbes will have chucked away the polling advantage that Sturgeon had bequeathed the party in order to get the job, and she'll be trying to win an election against Labour with no polling advantage and on a platform that will give Sarwar a chance to look more left wing than her.

Regan will be failing to get elected by Alba by then. 

3 minutes ago, renton said:

The only extremely thin sliver of good news in all this is that as implosions go, it's quick. Better that, than drip feeding over weeks and months to come.

I dont believe for a minute that the 3 campaigns don't have some kind of straw poll of how they are doing, and I don't believe Forbes would have been in and around this had she been well ahead in the count so far. This is an attempt to turn the table over and hope she gets some momentum out of the chaos.

Could see it being Forbes now if enough votes are still not cast put there. Regan is a fucking bad joke, but either way it doesn't mean anything good for the SNP electorally.

If this episode damages the SNP in the longer term, Forbes will have chucked away the polling advantage that Sturgeon had bequeathed the party in order to get the job, and she'll be trying to win an election against Labour with no polling advantage and on a platform that will give Sarwar a chance to look more left wing than her.

Regan will be failing to get elected by Alba by then. 

Humza is still 4/11 odds on

So reckon you have your answer and the left leaning question answered 

9 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

You don't half make up some nonsense. Who said anything about Ash being a credible candidate. 

I would suggest that those who continuously backed the ongoing worsening calamity that was the Sturgeon/Murrell run SNP are those guilty of suffering from delusions.

She was the one I was talking about and then you criticised me for calling her a roaster.

I've made my views on Yousaf and Murrell pretty clear as well. I resigned from the SNP because of vaccine passports and the general concern over the control freakery within the SNP.

I genuinely dont know what point you are trying to make?

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

51 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Kate Forbes on Sky News with Sophy Ridge at 8.30

Could be worth a listen.

33 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

She's on Kuenssberg too.

The Sky interview's from Friday because she doesn't work on Sundays. She's rolling back on her campaign manager's doubts about the integrity of the election, which might suggest her private polling is looking good.

You can see that a lot of resentment has built up within the SNP thats coming out now on all sides. A bit more freedom of thought should be allowed in future without the need for name calling if someone has different views. The type of party the SNP is means it will have diverse views so you cant force them on everyone you need to be reaching a compromise. Hopefully thats one lesson learnt but reading any social media or even this thread at times that looks unlikely. 

9 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

For goodness sake....we have had one poster going on about "the lunatic fringe" and now "roasters."

These are fellow independence supporters.

Sturgeons reign really has damaged the SNP.

What a wet blanket :lol:

I couldn't give a stuff when the First Minister actually works.

I'm interested in deliverables which are ultimately improving the life and opportunities of the people of Scotland and delivering independence.

Whether that takes 50 hours a week or 20 hours a week is irrelevant. I find it a bit bizarre that people get worked up by that. I have worked a couple of Sundays in my entire career to date (c.20 years).