Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Wee Katie's growing in my estimation

I wonder how the Mail on Sunday will be describing deposit return schemes in 18 months when an almost identical scheme is introduced in England and Wales?

Its "almost" like they are not being even handed.

2 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

If Forbrs becomes leader then forget independence. SNP vote will start to crumble.

Allan Little would disagree with you

"Nothing is inevitable - the young grow older - but those polls suggest that the long, slow generational pivot away from British identity in Scotland has not been reversed. And that is a long-term challenge the Union will have to meet if it is to survive, whatever direction the SNP takes under its new leader."

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

I wonder how the Mail on Sunday will be describing deposit return schemes in 18 months when an almost identical scheme is introduced in England and Wales?

Its "almost" like they are not being even handed.

Is that not part of the problem with the scheme 

That an identical scheme over border is not being introduced at same time 

1 minute ago, Binos said:

Is that not part of the problem with the scheme 

That an identical scheme over border is not being introduced at same time 

Perhaps we should have waited on England getting round to introducing a smoking ban as well? 

Or a plastic bag tax?

Wonder what the headlines will be when Scotland proposes to ban single use vapes ahead of England?

11 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Perhaps we should have waited on England getting round to introducing a smoking ban as well? 

Or a plastic bag tax?

Wonder what the headlines will be when Scotland proposes to ban single use vapes ahead of England?

They're bit different,  as you know 

Smoking ban is best thing Scottish Parliament has ever done,  genuinely world leading,  I think 

There's been a rush ever since to replicate that, sometimes without thinking through,  which is their job

Forbes certainly has more brains but can't see her being voted in anyhow 

Edited by Binos

4 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

If Forbrs becomes leader then forget independence. SNP vote will start to crumble.

Same could be said for all the contenders, that Regan rocket in the papers saying she’ll allow sleepy cuddles Salmond back into the party. Complete farce happening right now. 
Im reminded of a quote used by Ronald Reagan fans ‘too bad ignorance isnt painful’.

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

7 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Same could be said for all the contenders, that Regan rocket in the papers saying she’ll allow sleepy cuddles Salmond back into the party. Complete farce happening right now. 

She will excuse herself from race soon

Completely mental though 

10 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

It really is.  I think all but the most blinkered - independence or bust - SNP activists can see the damage this is doing.  Take a step back and consider that the next First Minister will be one of Hamza or Regan - Forbes is done, but even if she wasn’t, she’s no better.   It’s like Liz Truss versus Steve Bruce on Celebrity Mastermind.  No good can come of this. 

4 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

Not necessarily, The SNP's job is to hoover up as many votes as possible from as many sections of society is possible so that they can go for independence. Going too far to the left of social issues could piss of people in the centre, people who are not specifically against transgender people and their issues, but for whom it is of no importance whatsoever.  some on here will say " ah f**k them c***s they're just bigots" well

1. no they're not and

2. there are 10 things more important than gender recognition to most voters.

11 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Ash Regan coming up on the Sunday Show on BBC1. 🙈

Say what you like about her, but I do like that she is the only one willing to tell interviewers to f**k off with some of their line of questioning.

I say that as someone without a horse in the race.

Edited by Abdul_Latif

1 minute ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Say what you like about her, but I do like that she is the only one willing to tell interviewers to f**k off with some of their line of questioning.

I say that as someone without a horse in the race.

Trouble is, the line of questioning tends to be “Hi, how are you?”.

1 hour ago, Binos said:

If looking at from a,  has brains and likely competancy perspective 

The stand out candidate is Forbes 

Unless her purpose was to swing the party to the socially conservative right and alienate liberals and progressives, she's been astonishingly politically inept. Much of the SNP's electoral success has been from poaching the latter from Labour and the Lib Dems, I doubt there are enough Alba types and swing Tories to compensate for their loss.