Spain (a) in October

Taking a wee look through Google, today's referee appears to have been the lead official in a fair few games with Scotland and Scottish Clubs:

- Czechia 1-2 Scotland, 2020

- Celtic v Shakhtar Donetsk, 2022

- Rangers v Red Star Belgrade, 2021

Anyone able to provide any prior experience with the c**t? Is he always like this?

Just now, CoF said:

Jesus man, you don't understand the offside law at all if you think for a player to be interfering with play they need to be committing a foul. 

He wasn’t in the goalies line of sight, didn’t even attempt to go for the goalie or the ball; he raised an arm while jostling. That is not interference.

1 minute ago, Jambomo said:

He isn’t offside when the ball is played though. 

In the freeze frame I saw live it looked like his right foot was. I dislike VAR and analysing the minutiae but if the VAR room have drawn their lines and he’s off etc then it’s all correct via the procedures 

1 minute ago, SweeperDee said:

Is he the invisible man all of a sudden? Where are Hendry’s legs? Can you even see him? The only player you see is the Spanish one. If Hendry was offside, you’d see a part of him past the last defender, but you don’t, so once again you are talking absolute horsehockey.

Its. Not. In. Line.

10 minutes ago, 101 said:

Onside so I expect the SFA blazers to be marching on Zurich tomorrow.

Screenshot_20231012-222641__01.jpg

9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Great photo.  Hendry and the defender are indeed both ahead of the ball, but the defender is playing Hendry on.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

HTH you can clearly see Hendry unless you think he's a free and has a arm a foot wide.

Screenshot_20231012-222641__01__01.jpg

Look at the goalposts in the top photo. It’s clearly not looking straight across the pitch.

From the (straight) angle used by VAR Hendry is clearly in an offside position. It’s whether you actually think he made any difference to the outcome of the goal.

Just now, Biscuits said:

So is he offside or is it a foul? Can’t be both 

I posted this about 400 pages back - 

I think the ref got it wrong. It wasn't a foul. However the goal shouldn't have stood because Hendry was offside and interfering with play. 

It's a farce and total incompetence. But it's not a great sporting injustice to have a goal which shouldn't have stood chopped off but for the wrong reason. The ref has made a c**t of it, but in pure sporting terms things have landed the way they should have. 

Just now, Biscuits said:

Rodri can f**k off as well - “ my English isn’t very good” 

Well at least we can say one thing - we've clearly rattled one of the best sides in Europe, if not the World.  Especially when you see Morata's comments re wanting Norway to qualify with them.  Shower of kanutes...!

6 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

It’s clearly not a foul but also is clearly interfering with play if VAR have determined him offside. If you don’t think he’s interfering then your seeing what you want to see. Referee has possibly got his signals muddled 

The decision was a foul.

That doesn't come from the refs hand signal. It comes from the VAR control room.

Just now, CoF said:

I posted this about 400 pages back - 

I think the ref got it wrong. It wasn't a foul. However the goal shouldn't have stood because Hendry was offside and interfering with play. 

It's a farce and total incompetence. But it's not a great sporting injustice to have a goal which shouldn't have stood chopped off but for the wrong reason. The ref has made a c**t of it, but in pure sporting terms things have landed the way they should have. 

He isn’t offside at all though.