Spain (a) in October

6 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

And if you want it in video format

Excellent, it's taken 36 hours and many hours of examination and discussion. It's been an absolute privilege to have been a part of it and we finally got there. Case Closed.

Edited by 2426255

20 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67111815

Part of the reason we've not asked for it is we didn't think we would get it.

I know it’s by the by, but what harm would there have been in asking for the audio? The SFA are a bunch of diddies.

The harm caused by dwelling on it and not moving on from the whole issue. It's done, best just to move on. It was a marginal call, we didn't get it  - just move on and don't let it distract from the next game.

10 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Moving the line doesn't change anything though. 

Solution A is get VAR in the bin obviously, but in the absence of that if we're going to millimetre level granularity, the tech needs to improve and have tracking chips in the ball and in the players' boots that can be time stamped and use the position of the chips to assess offside. 

They already have some form of this with goal line technology and the GPS kits that players wear either in the shirts or the sports bra things so assume it's possible. 

It would make it even more robotic and costly but it's the only solution (again, other than getting VAR to f**k) that makes sense 

Even at that, malfunctioning kit at some point of failure (has happened at least once with goal line tech im sure?) or unscrupulous players/teams cheating to find ways to f**k with it seems likely.

Sounds hard to make transparent?

You're then having 22 pairs of boots + subs and christ knows how many individual footballs needing trackers, and a way to impartially verify its all functioning correctly right at the point of kick off, which sounds like it'd be a recipe for disaster.

Plus some twat would end up using the position of, say, an attackers/defenders left/right boot by mistake for the purpose of offside where its extremely tight.

Actually it'd have to factor in where the keeper is and all 😂 from those weird stramashes where the keeper is miles off his line at a set piece or something.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

18 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I think we'll either qualify tomorrow or not qualify at all

That's seriously pessimistic, but I know what you mean.

Since we won in Cyprus, Norway have had two chances to drop points but haven't.  Similarly, we've had a chance to seal it, but haven't.

I'm still very confident we'll be in Germany, but if Norway win tomorrow, I will experience serious jitters.  

We're good enough now, to still feel comfortable about taking points from our remaining games.  If we need to, however, it might feel tricky.

11 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That's seriously pessimistic, but I know what you mean.

Since we won in Cyprus, Norway have had two chances to drop points but haven't.  Similarly, we've had a chance to seal it, but haven't.

I'm still very confident we'll be in Germany, but if Norway win tomorrow, I will experience serious jitters.  

We're good enough now, to still feel comfortable about taking points from our remaining games.  If we need to, however, it might feel tricky.

I support Stenhousemuir and Scotland so always expect the worst.

We WILL win in Georgia!!

Game Over

*I actually think Spain and Norway will draw tomorrow night 

Im also still in Seville, love this place 

If anyone needs a reason to say c**t randomly at someone for no reason…

I’m yer man

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

To be fair, Norway were never going to drop points against Cyprus in a million years and they were favoured to beat Georgia too so I don't see those results as particularly ominous for us. Meanwhile our first slip-up came in objectively our toughest game in the campaign and I think it's fair to say we were a bit unlucky not to take anything from it. In all three of those matches though the result has pretty much gone the way that a neutral observer would have expected. If Norway somehow win on Sunday then it'll be the first meaningful hazard that's arisen in our path to qualification so far. (I would still firmly expect us to win the group in that circumstance though).

Edited by Kevin Finnerty

5 hours ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

Oh the irony 🙄 

Considering you used to cry about 2426255 following you about this place because you had one opinion so bad the mods locked the thread to stop the embarrassment I think the irony might be lost on you that you're doing the same to Craig now.

Edited by Pie Of The Month