The Very Meh Humza Yousaf Thread.

Ludo*1

8 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Genuinely thought this magazine cover was a parody.

Confusingly there seem to be 20 of these 10: some of which are pop groups... utterly bizarrely our future world leader joins Florence Pugh, Mark Fitzpatrick (yep that is the golfer)... a female British racing driver... 6 different Americans (drag queen, fashion designer, conductor, climate activist, chef + tiktoker)... a Hong Kong tran activist, 2 different South Korean boy & girl bands, an Indian youtuber, an Iranian chess master, a Ghanaian artist, an Australian graphic designer, a Barbados architect, a Brazilian journalist and an Argentine DJ:

Really :lol:!

How dare they be from different countries and some are even involved in the arts.

SNP knives will be out for him after that result. A leadership coup before the end of the year wouldn't be a surprise. Tough times for the SNP and Humza.

Edited by Lex

Would there be enough SNP rebels for a vote of no confidence ? Not so sure.

I think he'll stay until the General Election where he'll live or die by the result. The SNP are near guaranteed to lose seats there, which will be factored in, it'll depend on the scale of the loss.

1 minute ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

Would there be enough SNP rebels for a vote of no confidence ? Not so sure.

I think he'll stay until the General Election where he'll live or die by the result. The SNP are near guaranteed to lose seats there, which will be factored in, it'll depend on the scale of the loss.

I think the answer is No.

SNPs issue is that their "talent pool" is pretty thin and spread between Westminster and Holyrood.

They are suffering from being in power up here for a long time, but still basically powerless when it comes to finance and many important non devolved issues.

Anyone who thinks it would be better if we had a Labour administration in Holyrood is deluded - but I genuinely dont know where the electorate go from here, and I say that as an SNP voter.

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

I think the answer is No.

SNPs issue is that their "talent pool" is pretty thin and spread between Westminster and Holyrood.

They are suffering from being in power up here for a long time, but still basically powerless when it comes to finance and many important non devolved issues.

Anyone who thinks it would be better if we had a Labour administration in Holyrood is deluded - but I genuinely dont know where the electorate go from here, and I say that as an SNP voter.

The SNP are struggling because they have become absolutely shite. Genuinely a total abomination and people are now seeing through it. 

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

The SNP are struggling because they have become absolutely shite. Genuinely a total abomination and people are now seeing through it. 

But are completely incapable of seeing through the "alternatives". Despite how blatantly worse they are?

Imagine having been an SNP voter for the past decade or so, then suddenly coming to the conclusion that Starmer's more tory than the tory party is the way forward.

Yep, they're really "seeing through it" right enough.

Yousaf's performances at FMQ are becoming more and more arrogant.

The constant rhetoric of us being better than England no longer washes or impresses. I do not care if we have better waiting times or more Police than they have down south.  What I do care about is the fact that I live in Scotland and these issues have an impact on my quality of life.  When faced with the facts he has now decided to call opposition MP's liars and accusing them of distorting the truth.

His display at FMQ yesterday showed what sort of person he was when he had to be told three times to apologise to the parliament. As an undecided there is no way that I would vote SNP with him in charge.

Yesterday's result in Rutherglen may be a wake up call for the SNP and their leaders that people are sick of listening to their false promises and rants.  The people want results not hot air.

37 minutes ago, Crazy Days said:

The constant rhetoric of us being better than England no longer washes or impresses. I do not care if we have better waiting times or more Police than they have down south.  What I do care about is the fact that I live in Scotland and these issues have an impact on my quality of life.  When faced with the facts he has now decided to call opposition MP's liars and accusing them of distorting the truth.

His display at FMQ yesterday showed what sort of person he was when he had to be told three times to apologise to the parliament. As an undecided there is no way that I would vote SNP with him in charge.

Yesterday's result in Rutherglen may be a wake up call for the SNP and their leaders that people are sick of listening to their false promises and rants.  The people want results not hot air.

Im not sure they will wake up, they are a shambles and deluded. 

51 minutes ago, Crazy Days said:

As an "undecided", it seems you've decided.

As I've said before on here, the SNP warned us that things would turn to shit following a Brexit vote. Now that things have turned to shit, the pig ignorant are here to tell us that the SNP are directly to blame. 

Their solution? Voting for one of the pro-brexit parties out of protest.

😂

So Brexit is responsible for the reduction of Police on the street,  the closure of Police Stations, the non recording of crime?  Also responsible for unacceptable waiting times at hospitals?

What about the failure to supply free school meals to all primary age pupils, failure to provide these pupils with electronic pads?

What about the promise made years ago to abolish Council Tax? What about the failure to provide the Isles with 2 usable ferries? When are we getting the low cost energy supplier that was promised a few years ago.

All the fault of Brexit?  More like a failed government that still pulls the wool over the eyes of the deluded.

The SNP have badly lost their way and have done for a while now. This bloody nose has been coming. Apathy is the problem, a fair chunk of their supporters are pissed off for a variety of reasons. It's not so much losing voters to Labour as getting their own voters out that is the issue.

The promise of jam tomorrow whilst being seemingly powerless to do anything about it is surprisingly not an attractive proposition to the electorate.

Humza needs to change the narrative and continuity with the old regime isn't the way. Hopefully Pringle can give Humza a shake as a reset is badly needed.

I think the SNP are suffering from fatigue of government, it’s galling as I see them as the only reasonable path to Independence, there’s certainly a lack of talent in Holyrood at the moment - that’s all parties btw. 

I’m a fervent nationalist & desperately want Independence & still believe even this faltering SNP / Green governance is WAY better than any alternative available in Scotland. 

However, I recognise that the SNP need a huge injection of talent & especially, someone charismatic that can get the nationalist vote motivated again. I fear for the GE. 

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

The SNP have badly lost their way and have done for a while now. This bloody nose has been coming. Apathy is the problem, a fair chunk of their supporters are pissed off for a variety of reasons. It's not so much losing voters to Labour as getting their own voters out that is the issue.

The promise of jam tomorrow whilst being seemingly powerless to do anything about it is surprisingly not an attractive proposition to the electorate.

Humza needs to change the narrative and continuity with the old regime isn't the way. Hopefully Pringle can give Humza a shake as a reset is badly needed.

Agree with the premise except for the final part. Yousaf's leadership was literally based on being continuity Sturgeon, only worse (his nomination stump speech). 

He has therefore no mandate from his party for a refresh and so should take leaf out of Liz Truss' book. Your entire leadership platform failed - now GTF. 

38 minutes ago, Crazy Days said:

So Brexit is responsible for the reduction of Police on the street,  the closure of Police Stations, the non recording of crime?  Also responsible for unacceptable waiting times at hospitals?

What about the failure to supply free school meals to all primary age pupils, failure to provide these pupils with electronic pads?

What about the promise made years ago to abolish Council Tax? What about the failure to provide the Isles with 2 usable ferries? When are we getting the low cost energy supplier that was promised a few years ago.

All the fault of Brexit?  More like a failed government that still pulls the wool over the eyes of the deluded.

What about the promise of economic stability if you voted NO in 2014? All of these issues that you're flapping your gums about are wide spread across the whole of the UK. So clearly we're not so strong and stable after all. The deluded are the one's pretending that these are isolated issues in Scotland and not a UK wide economy on the brink. If you honestly think giving the SNP a bloody nose is going to increase the number of police on the streets (not necessarily a good thing imo), open up more police stations, increase crimes on record and reduce hospital waiting times, then you have completely lost it. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to believe these things will improve in Scotland under Keir Starmers Conservative Party or Rishi Sunaks Conservative Party. The pot is EMPTY.

I can’t imagine there’s a single political party anywhere else in the world that have been in power for 16 straight years yet failed to deliver the one policy that’s their entire reason for existing. Not only that but they don’t have a credible plan on how to do it going forward.

I can see Scottish politics returning to how it was between the SNP breakthrough in 2007 and the independence referendum, a two horse race but with people far more likely to vote Labour in Westminster elections than Holyrood elections. I won’t be putting money on Anas Sarwar getting the keys to Bute House any time soon but it wouldn’t surprise me if Labour win about 20 seats from the SNP at the general election next year. 

There is no doubt that the downturn in SNP fortunes is largely of their own making.

That said the option facing anyone at an election is to vote for the least worst option.  How the people in Scotland can think that a Starmer led government is the least worst option defies logic.

3 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Wow, a solitary win in a flip-flop seat. SCOTTISH LABOUR ARE BACK BABY.

I'd be more impressed if they actually won an election.

Truth is it's english based westminster labour and they do what they are told by red tory Starmer.

They cannot claim to be a Scottish political party as long as they are funded and policy driven from Victoria Street SW1.

And with that how can they act in the best interests of the Scottish People.