The Very Meh Humza Yousaf Thread.

Ludo*1

3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Eh?  Which international law and interpreted by whom would override the principle of the sovereignty of parliament?

My god! Talk about taking both sides of the argument!

When it suits you, you argue that Westminster isn't sovereign, because in your opinion, it cannot amend the Acts of Union.

If parliamentary sovereignty exists, Westmister can split up the UK in any way it wants, just as it did when it partitioned Ireland. You have continually argued that this is impossible with regard to other parts of the UK.

Today, however, you are arguing the exact opposite. Please be consistent with your nonsense!

34 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

My god! Talk about taking both sides of the argument!

When it suits you, you argue that Westminster isn't sovereign, because in your opinion, it cannot amend the Acts of Union.

If parliamentary sovereignty exists, Westmister can split up the UK in any way it wants, just as it did when it partitioned Ireland. You have continually argued that this is impossible with regard to other parts of the UK.

Today, however, you are arguing the exact opposite. Please be consistent with your nonsense!

Simmer doon, ya daftie.  Imagine accusing me, of all people, of arguing against the sovereignty of parliament.  The very outcome of the Williamite Revolution and the cornerstone of our constitution.  As I said five years ago:

On 09/07/2018 at 19:39, The_Kincardine said:

Not celebrating the Williamite revolution with bands and banners is one of the few downsides to living in England's South East, Mozz.  They clearly have forgotten/never known why William crossed the Boyne in the first place and take parliamentary sovereignty for granted.  One saw this clearly over the fragrant Gina Miller/Brexit debate where la Miller rightly sought to ensure constitutional change was the gift of parliament (in keeping with the 1688 revolution) and she received a lot of opposition and abuse from the hoi polloi.  

At least Scotland still has a few thousand men and women in loyal orders who have a decent grasp of our constitutional settlement and who love celebrating it in a tuneful and colourful way.

You also failed to address the question I asked:  "Which international law and interpreted by whom would override the principle of the sovereignty of parliament?"

Edited by The_Kincardine

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Simmer doon, ya daftie.  Imagine accusing me, of all people, of arguing against the sovereignty of parliament.  The very outcome of the Williamite Revolution and the cornerstone of our constitution.  As I said five years ago:

You also failed to address the question I asked:  "Which international law and interpreted by whom would override the principle of the sovereignty of parliament?"

So finally, after years of arguing otherwise, you accept that the Treaty of Union can be undone. Maybe there's hope for you yet.

7 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

So finally, after years of arguing otherwise, you accept that the Treaty of Union can be undone. Maybe there's hope for you yet.

Hahaha - given we had a referendum in 2014 I'd have to be bonkers to argue otherwise.  You are, in your usual style, ranting about something you made up in your own head.

Have another go to answer the question:   "Which international law and interpreted by whom would override the principle of the sovereignty of parliament?"

Sorry Kincy, I'm here to point & laugh at you, not to answer your stupid questions. However, just for fun, here's an extreme sitiation...

if the UK Parliament is truly sovereign, can it pass an Act ro make France subject to UK law? I'm pretty sure that the International Court of Justice would tell it that the law had no effect if it did. Even if the UK then withdrew from the ICJ, how would Westminster enforce this law and collect all these lovely French taxes? 

BTW, didn't something similar happen in 1776, when the USA said they weren't subject to Westminster sovereignty?

Back on topic, however, you used to argue that "the Two Kingdoms of Scotland and England shall upon the first day of May next ensuing the date hereof and forever after be United into One Kingdom by the Name of Great Britain" meant that a unitary state was created from that day, and that it was impossible for Westminster to change this treaty & the subsequent Acts of Union. 

If you are now arguimg that the UK parliament is sovereign (within its own borders), why can't they get rid of the Acts of Union if a majority of MP's & Lords support such a move?

52 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Hahaha - given we had a referendum in 2014 I'd have to be bonkers to argue otherwise. 

We had a referendum on whether or not to remain part of an EU member state in 2014. That state no longer exists. We’ve never had a referendum on whether to remain part of your beloved “Natwit” Brexit Britain.

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Carry on then.  I'll just ignore your inane ramblings.

Aww, bless.

If I stop pointing & laughing, will you answer the questions I asked, or would you rather be labelled as a two-faced fantasist as well as a welsher?

Edited by lichtgilphead
punctuation

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Simmer doon, ya daftie.  Imagine accusing me, of all people, of arguing against the sovereignty of parliament.  The very outcome of the Williamite Revolution and the cornerstone of our constitution.  As I said five years ago

Natwitted Orange Gonk! 

7DBEA292-AC9D-475C-AECA-B6BDB03D9BDB.jpeg

Of all of Sturgeon's cock-ups and incompetencies, I think inflicting the Greens was her greatest.  Imagine allowing these freaks so much influence in Scotland.  If Humza has a backbone - and that's up for debate - he needs to get shot of them.  I am with Fergus here:

9 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I dont think any of us had much doubt about that already...................

Well, he is a bit of a rarity.  A well-spoken, articulate Nat with a bit of common sense.  I can see why he is unpopular with many.

5 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Well, he is a bit of a rarity.  A well-spoken, articulate Nat with a bit of common sense.  I can see why he is unpopular with many.

Exactly why Kate is unpopular with some.

* Both.....however ...determined to see their own Nation elected by their own....and governed by their own.

Edited by TONTROOPER