The Very Meh Humza Yousaf Thread.

Ludo*1

7 hours ago, orfc said:

They don't want Humza to say he supports England, where's the fun in that? They just want to see career bullshitters wriggle about on the hook a bit. If he'd went "I'm not bothered either way, I can enjoy the match as a neutral" he'd have been fine but he's gave them a bite, well, because he's Useless

He should have said "I will support England if you can name name three of their players and the clubs they are signed to".

Its as ridicluous as the handwringing these papers are having over Prince William not going to support them over there.

13 hours ago, RuMoore said:

As an English person I don't want or have any desire for Scottish people or anyone else in the UK to be cheering on the English national teams in whatever sport is on the go. 

Sure if you want to then fire away, mostly I want Scotland and Scottish teams to do well but I perfectly appreciate why most people wouldn't reciprocate this...

The thing I find weird about this kinda stuff is the only people that are truly getting annoyed are Scottish Unionists.

I've not really seen English people upset at Humza just the usual weirdo UK flag shaggers on Twitter that polarise the most mundane shit for the purpose of grifting morons. 

Talkshite's Adrian Durham (usually a pro-England clickbaiter) has said that those complaining about Scots not supporting England clearly aren't football fans.

It's like expecting Spurs fans to cheer on Arsenal because they are both London clubs.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Its as ridicluous as the handwringing these papers are having over Prince William not going to support them over there.

That is a far more legitimate issue to be fair - he’s the president of the FA, and there’s absolutely no doubt whatsoever that he’d have gone if the men’s team reached a final. So that’s about the double standard and misogyny of the whole thing.

This is all off topic though. 

9 hours ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

Good to see you clapping along like the other bozo performing seals m8.

It's pointless drivel, insulting horseshit and 'they just want to see career bullshitters wriggle about on the hook' is patently nonsense given they used to do similar with Andy Murray.

I'm no fan of Humza and there's plenty to be critical of both him and the SNP too, so would it not be better to use the rare opportunity to blindside him with a question on an issue that actually matters ? You know, like proper political journalism. 

Where's the fun in that though when we can just jangle the keys and get all the hogs hootin' and hollerin'

20230820_011944.thumb.jpg.1ecbf86f8661479ef099ffadfc8cb5e1.jpg

I'm afraid your big long post is wrong because I'm always right q.e.d.

If he says "yes" it's "ooh I thought you were a proud scot" if he says "no" it's "ooh you big anti-english bigot". The correct answer is neutrality of the not bovved I hope it's a good game though variety but he's utterly clueless so it's great for confirming that again.

The best British sportswomen to be cheering on this weekend are of course at the world athletics championship

35 minutes ago, orfc said:

I'm afraid your big long post is wrong because I'm always right q.e.d.

If he says "yes" it's "ooh I thought you were a proud scot" if he says "no" it's "ooh you big anti-english bigot". The correct answer is neutrality of the not bovved I hope it's a good game though variety but he's utterly clueless so it's great for confirming that again.

The best British sportswomen to be cheering on this weekend are of course at the world athletics championship

Erm no. You're clearly wrong. There is no correct answer here. The 'I'm not really bothered and might not watch, hope the best team wins' answer is the one he actually gave after his bumbling and results in whiny dorks mewling 'he can't even bring himself to wish are brave lionesses good luck'.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/08/2023 at 11:31, oneteaminglasgow said:

That is a far more legitimate issue to be fair - he’s the president of the FA, and there’s absolutely no doubt whatsoever that he’d have gone if the men’s team reached a final...

He's also the future king of the country England beat in the semi-finals. Think the Windsors knew what they were doing on that one.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-66717025

No Money Left for the SG to resolve cost of living pay disputes from last year in further education, educational support staff etc. or to support the unraveling nick that is local authority provision of services. But the stream of cash for yet more posturing gesture policies continues unabated! 🤡

2 hours ago, virginton said:

No Money Left for the SG to resolve cost of living pay disputes from last year in further education, educational support staff etc. or to support the unraveling nick that is local authority provision of services. But the stream of cash for yet more posturing gesture policies continues unabated! 🤡

Ok boomer 

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/09/2023 at 20:31, virginton said:

Remind us all why Scotland is caught up in a cost of living crisis along with the rest of the UK.

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

I want to know who the 9 other 'trailblazers' 'shaping the future' are.

Genuinely thought this magazine cover was a parody.

Confusingly there seem to be 20 of these 10: some of which are pop groups... utterly bizarrely our future world leader joins Florence Pugh, Mark Fitzpatrick (yep that is the golfer)... a female British racing driver... 6 different Americans (drag queen, fashion designer, conductor, climate activist, chef + tiktoker)... a Hong Kong tran activist, 2 different South Korean boy & girl bands, an Indian youtuber, an Iranian chess master, a Ghanaian artist, an Australian graphic designer, a Barbados architect, a Brazilian journalist and an Argentine DJ:

image.thumb.png.dfb1e4657e9fad5d7a39859b8e7ba2dd.png

image.png.375daeda6e77fa99da8ccec3d480b741.pngimage.png.584cf13ae4880bba13c0d79f14784b86.png
image.png.50e82134d09b44a5751fea1578cedf63.png

Really :lol:!

Edited by HibeeJibee

8 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Genuinely thought this magazine cover was a parody.

Confusingly there seem to be 20 of these 10: some of which are pop groups... utterly bizarrely our future world leader joins Florence Pugh, Mark Fitzpatrick (yep that is the golfer)... a female British racing driver... 6 different Americans (drag queen, fashion designer, conductor, climate activist, chef + tiktoker)... a Hong Kong tran activist, 2 different South Korean boy & girl bands, an Indian youtuber, an Iranian chess master, a Ghanaian artist, an Australian graphic designer, a Barbados architect, a Brazilian journalist and an Argentine DJ:

Really :lol:!

How dare they be from different countries and some are even involved in the arts.

SNP knives will be out for him after that result. A leadership coup before the end of the year wouldn't be a surprise. Tough times for the SNP and Humza.

Edited by Lex

Would there be enough SNP rebels for a vote of no confidence ? Not so sure.

I think he'll stay until the General Election where he'll live or die by the result. The SNP are near guaranteed to lose seats there, which will be factored in, it'll depend on the scale of the loss.

1 minute ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

Would there be enough SNP rebels for a vote of no confidence ? Not so sure.

I think he'll stay until the General Election where he'll live or die by the result. The SNP are near guaranteed to lose seats there, which will be factored in, it'll depend on the scale of the loss.

I think the answer is No.

SNPs issue is that their "talent pool" is pretty thin and spread between Westminster and Holyrood.

They are suffering from being in power up here for a long time, but still basically powerless when it comes to finance and many important non devolved issues.

Anyone who thinks it would be better if we had a Labour administration in Holyrood is deluded - but I genuinely dont know where the electorate go from here, and I say that as an SNP voter.