The Very Meh Humza Yousaf Thread.

Ludo*1

On 16/11/2023 at 19:29, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Humza backing that cock and bull story is enough reason for his own resignation.

He'll be gone soon enough.

When half the vote either doesn't turn out at the GE or splits to the Greens with constituency after constituency falling, the decision will be taken out of his hands.

Sometimes you need to take one step backwards to take two steps forwards. That's where we are just now.

1 hour ago, Crazy Days said:

Yousof, Robison and Matheson all contacted and requested to appear on BBC Scotland Politics show but none of them have the guts to do so. What a sad trio we have leading? the country.  They must think a non appearance will make this go away.

If I was Robison (or any other government minister) would I f**k be volunteering to get booted all round a studio because of Matheson’s behaviour.  What the hell are they going to say to defend him?

It’s Matheson and Humza’s problem to deal with.

46 minutes ago, Left Back said:

If I was Robison (or any other government minister) would I f**k be volunteering to get booted all round a studio because of Matheson’s behaviour.  What the hell are they going to say to defend him?

It’s Matheson and Humza’s problem to deal with.

See this is what boils my piss.  Why shouldn't Robinson go on TV and voice an opinion?  So what if it isn't the same as the leader.  Totally sick of MPs and MSPs defending the indefensible just because the represent the same party.

Would it be such a disaster 8f someone went out to the media and said "You know what, I am in agreement with the public - his behaviour has undermined trust in him and therefore I am encouraging him to resign."

No defending the indefensible, no compromising your own integrity.  For once just say it as everyone sees it.

42 minutes ago, strichener said:

See this is what boils my piss.  Why shouldn't Robinson go on TV and voice an opinion?  So what if it isn't the same as the leader.  Totally sick of MPs and MSPs defending the indefensible just because the represent the same party.

Would it be such a disaster 8f someone went out to the media and said "You know what, I am in agreement with the public - his behaviour has undermined trust in him and therefore I am encouraging him to resign."

No defending the indefensible, no compromising your own integrity.  For once just say it as everyone sees it.

You haven’t convinced Humza.

Yousaf says he was not misled by Matheson over £11k iPad bill https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-67467075

So basically Useless recognises Matheson was too stupid to understand his kids were streaming football via his governmental iPad

Is that the level of intellect we want in charge of our health service?

At least with the PPE grifters like Mone you see they had the brains to purposely rip us off, set up shell companies and the like.

21 hours ago, strichener said:

I agree, but this would result in Robison or whichever other Minister said such a thing being sacked. 

It's a shite state of affairs, but that's the way politics works. Toe the line, or goodbye. 

5 hours ago, Michael W said:

I agree, but this would result in Robison or whichever other Minister said such a thing being sacked. 

It's a shite state of affairs, but that's the way politics works. Toe the line, or goodbye. 

Indeed - and here is another example of the shite state of affairs, ACH looking for something that doesnt really exist, its a complete waste of everyones time and energy.................and all in the name of point scoring.

Politics at the moment is just a shambles (all of them, everywhere, and all parties). f**k knows why any of them actually want to be part of it - I can only assume its because they are all too stupid to make it in a real job.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-67474327

As someone who lives in Inverness, I find it absolutely remarkable (ok slightly saracastic) that Yousaf's government promised an update on dualling the A9 in the autumn, which has 4 days left, and there has not been a sniff of an update.

If there was a way to lose voters, it's the way they've dealt with the A9. Constant delays and obfuscation.

23 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

As someone who lives in Inverness, I find it absolutely remarkable (ok slightly saracastic) that Yousaf's government promised an update on dualling the A9 in the autumn, which has 4 days left, and there has not been a sniff of an update.

If there was a way to lose voters, it's the way they've dealt with the A9. Constant delays and obfuscation.

I suspect they've blown the budget by agreeing pay deals with NHS staff, teachers, council workers, Scotrail staff etc to show we're better than England, and the biscuit tin is empty.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I suspect they've blown the budget by agreeing pay deals with NHS staff, teachers, council workers, Scotrail staff etc to show we're better than England, and the biscuit tin is empty.

Shona Robison saying Scotland's public sector workforce will have to shrink due to funding pressure. 

44 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Shona Robison saying Scotland's public sector workforce will have to shrink due to funding pressure. 

It's a problem you have when you don't have the power to set your own fiscal and monetary policy and those who do decide to cut taxes and spending without warning.

Edited by welshbairn

10 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Its an example of how they make bold promises and targets for further down the road but seem never to know how to actually deliver much of what is promised. 

Great at soundbites in the past but not so good at delivering. Now they are not even good at soundbites

Edited by ScotiaNostra

7 hours ago, welshbairn said:

It's a problem you have when you don't have the power to set your own fiscal and monetary policy and those who do decide to cut taxes and spending without warning.

Whilst largely true they can raise additional income through income tax and council tax.

Middle earners and above already pay slightly more tax than in England, and the SNP just announced a Council Tax freeze for 2024/25.

Critiquing the SG's inability to control its finances is not as straightforward as blaming WM.

Edited by Todd_is_God

1 hour ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

It's called austerity.

It's called unfunded wage rises to appease, in many cases, already generously compensated public sector workers.

It was inevitable that awarding payrises of the level that were being demanded (and, remember, championed by the public at large) would result in the reduction or removal of services elsewhere. Unlike private companies who could afford them by offseting them with increased prices, the public sector did so from a finite pot.

No-one who was behind the awarding of those payrises at any cost was ever willing to stick their neck out and say what they felt should be cut back elsewhere to afford them but I guess we'll be finding out sooner rather than later the reaction to with what those cuts will be.

Edited by Todd_is_God