Arbroath 🟣⚪️🎣🎣Vs Partick Thistle 🔴🟡

Another decent away day, another challenge for Kris Doolan as he tries to get Thistle's season back on track. 

A good win, to start off and visiting a team who are still struggling.

Hopeful of another 3 points under the Doolan reign...

20230218_183529.thumb.jpg.b34b7ef66c97da2317b78a6e82cfdda2.jpg

Our record v Arbroath this season has been surprisingly (in relation to our form of last few yrs) really good and hopefully that continues on Saturday. Doolan was complimentary of Danny Mullen after the Ayr game and he is more of a Doolan-type than Graham so will be interesting to see if Graham returns immediately to starting line up or is forced to watch Mullen from the bench (given the opposition I’d opt for Graham). The rest of the team I suspect will be as was at the weekend, although I thought Lawless was still a bit off it and not up to his usual standard. 

Have little to no faith we will get a result this weekend.

I fully expect Dick to setup the team to defend, have very little attacking threat, go 1-0 down, make 4 changes at once to be more attacking, team cohesion and shape to go to pot and the defence to crumble. Concede 2 more goals 

3-0 Partick win. 

Dick to blame Linn, Gold and Banks for errors. And the ref to get mentioned.

I notice that Accies have dropped ticket prices to £5 for our game on 3 March.

Would have liked to see us do something similar for Saturday. We really are drinking in the last chance saloon so it would be great to get as many fans through the gate as possible.

Too late now of course as tickets are already on sale but the club should seriously think of something like this in upcoming home games.

Edited by Tattie36

2 hours ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Have little to no faith we will get a result this weekend.

I fully expect Dick to setup the team to defend, have very little attacking threat, go 1-0 down, make 4 changes at once to be more attacking, team cohesion and shape to go to pot and the defence to crumble. Concede 2 more goals 

3-0 Partick win. 

Dick to blame Linn, Gold and Banks for errors. And the ref to get mentioned.

Perhaps going into Saturday game sitting rock bottom in the league (pretty likely imo) may flick a switch in Campbell’s brain and we could see an attacking lineup? Doubtful but you never know.

Another big game for Arbroath and indeed Thistle who are just outside the top four just now. We really need to win this but Thistle had a good win on Saturday and with the new manager bounce  it's gonna be a very difficult game but here's hoping. Hope it ain't windy.

Thistle likely to have a good support up?

Smokies and wine  

1 hour ago, jagfox said:

Team struggling towards the bottom of table, in need of a win...hmmm...I've seen this situation before this season...

Don't worry we never play with a right winger(or indeed any sign of being attack minded) so your left back can have the day off.