Arbroath 🟣⚪️🎣🎣Vs Partick Thistle 🔴🟡

The forecast is looking ok for the weekend so I’ll risk the long trek east.

I fancy Dick will start this game with close to the line up that finished at Cove. No room for caution now. If we don’t start winning at Gayfield then there’s no chance of survival. Whether he favours Adarkwa ove Olusanya is probably his main quandary. He’s blaming Balde for the goal at Cove so does he start Hetherington? 

Really pointless trying to guess how we will line up buy will have a go...

apart from the back 4 and goalkeeper it could be absolutely anything, Think Mckenna is the only certainty to start but god knows where,

Bitsondou didn't feature at all at Cove but you could almost guarantee he is back in team and Hetherington is dropped, 

El-Mhanni will probably start with Scott Stewart on wings and Linn will be back on bench, 

On 19/02/2023 at 20:42, lichtie23 said:

I worry Dick will do as he did yesterday and set up to try and not lose the game instead of actually going out to win it. 

Have you not been watching the last 2/3 seasons.

Thats what he does, always has done. Unfortunately we don't have any threat at all now when we do occasionally get forward 

On 20/02/2023 at 13:45, Tattie36 said:

Perhaps going into Saturday game sitting rock bottom in the league (pretty likely imo) may flick a switch in Campbell’s brain and we could see an attacking lineup? Doubtful but you never know.

Maybe he could play something similar to how he played when he threw the game against Dunfermline?  3 isolated strikers, no width, and a missing midfield?  That would be a refreshing change of pace.

Or how about when he played (IIRC) McKenna, Allan, Tait, and Fosu in seemingly the exact same attacking midfield position?

Ooh, or playing with Bobby Linn "up front", thus making sure we had no creativity out wide and neutering McKenna, and then utilising him best by launching high balls forward?

What a miserable season its been. 

I'll go with any team which has an attacking formation, can score goals, dominate midfield and has a creative flair.

Having a proven goal scorer has been an issue all season and the final games of the season will play out that way.

Our long term players will be up for the fight - they won't be throwing the towel in and this gives us some hope.

We need 6 wins from the final 11 games - I think our goals will come from midfield or defence.

On 20/02/2023 at 14:02, jagfox said:

Team struggling towards the bottom of table, in need of a win...hmmm...I've seen this situation before this season...

Exactly. Arbroath have done us over twice this season, and they thoroughly deserved both wins..

Potential smoke-flavoured, maroon-coloured banana skin right there.

Edited by Chippyminton

Its not been great, although at least we've had a shot on target.  Olusanya seems to have very real balance problems though,  several times now, he's thrown himself to the ground under no pressure, and has at least once jumped out of a tackle that hasnt come.  He also seems to be drifting out wide a lot, which makes sense if he's naturally a winger.