Arbroath 🟣⚪️🎣🎣Vs Partick Thistle 🔴🟡

Been saying it for weeks we just not getting the break o the ba in front of goals, hit post twice, their keeper fumbles Mikeys chance, Bobby no gettin the advantage fae that clown o a ref,, Partick can count themselves VERY lucky they came away with anything today,, go again Friday, onwards and upwards 🇱🇻

42 minutes ago, Anotherlichtie said:

Thought we lined up well today but disappointed by El-Mhanni who looked brilliant against Dundee on his debut but very average since. Ricky Little was immense in my opinion. 

Bobby needs to start. El-Mhanni was poor but conjured up one good shot. 

8 minutes ago, Blablabla said:

Been saying it for weeks we just not getting the break o the ba in front of goals, hit post twice, their keeper fumbles Mikeys chance, Bobby no gettin the advantage fae that clown o a ref,, Partick can count themselves VERY lucky they came away with anything today,, go again Friday, onwards and upwards 🇱🇻

We really weren’t that good - but we were better than the jags. 

Vast improvement in the second half and should have won.

BUT… why don’t we play for a full 90 minutes? How many games this season have we approached one half as a damage limitation exercise. I can’t think of a single game this season, aside from the Dundee 4-2 win perhaps, where we’ve played with intent for the full game.

Huge missed opportunity today. Worryingly, we’ve played Partick 4 times this season and haven’t even scored against them.

7 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Wasn't there so can't comment on whether that incident actually was a foul but still photos hardly ever prove anything when it comes to fouls , could easily be your player running into the keeper from that photo 

Ball played through. Arbroath player gets ahead of Partick defender, keeper rushing out to get ball.

Arbroath gets to ball first and knocks it on with head only to be the meat in a Partick Thistle sandwich.

A clear foul as neither Partick player made contact with the ball but fully made contact with the Arbroath player.

Though whether it was a pen or a free kick it was very tight to say as it was just on the edge of the box.

7 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

A clear foul as neither Partick player made contact with the ball but fully made contact with the Arbroath player.

Though whether it was a pen or a free kick it was very tight to say as it was just on the edge of the box.

100% this, most blatant foul you’ll ever see it was just a question of whether it was inside or outside the box, going by the still pic It was probably just outside but the ref just gave a goal kick.

Edited by afc_36_0

20 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Wasn't there so can't comment on whether that incident actually was a foul but still photos hardly ever prove anything when it comes to fouls , could easily be your player running into the keeper from that photo 

Believe me it was a stonewaller

27 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

What about Brownlie too though, did he run into them both? Defender’s hand on shoulder pulling him back, keeper with arm around his chest and a tangle of legs. 

My recollection was that Olusanya knocked the ball past them both and was wiped out…. By them both. The ref gave a goal kick. One of the worst refs I’ve ever seen though so par for the course. Might have been just outside the box but a free kick and a booking or two at least.

If that was at the other end, I would have totally expected and accepted a penalty/free kick against us.

Edited by Tattie36

The teams could have played until midnight and we wouldn't have seen a goal..

Back to back shutout on the road is the biggest positive I could take from a Thistle perspective.

Pretty worried that Arbroath's lack of goals will cost them, their Cinch Championship status. 

Steak and Black Pudding pie was good anyway...

3 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

According to our twitter we dominated

I disagree 

I think “dominated” would be an exaggeration, but I don’t think it’s unfair to suggest Arbroath were the better team today.

I felt like Thistle were marginally better in a drab first half, and Arbroath in control for most of the second without really creating too much, but where they probably should have grabbed a winner.

Shit game all round, and we didn’t even have the weather conditions to blame for it.

On the balance of things a point up at arbroath is not a bad result. We have sent teams up there who were light years ahead of the current crop and been beaten. Doesn't matter how good or shite arbroath are they seem to always be a solid team, if not our bogey team.