Raith vs Ayr, 24/2/2023

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

Meh.  Not an ounce of quality on that pitch tonight where it mattered.

Take the point and move on, but it's yet another missed opportunity.

Behave. Macdonald in his 500th career appearance showed his quality with his penalty save.

Apart from that you are right. If any team was going to win as the game went on, I thought it would be Ayr but honestly I don't think either team deserved 3 points in that game. Brutal to watch and with the attacking players on show for both teams, there was a serious lack of quality in the final third. 

Iv never got the hype around akinyemi when watching him. He doesn't do what you'd expect the leagues top scorer to do any time I have seen him. You can see his attributes, but it just rarely works out for him. I think mcguire will be a very good signing if Ayr can get him fit. You could see the obvious quality he does possess in spells tonight. 

6 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

He's the league top scorer and he gets nothing but long balls fired toward him.

No wonder he's fucking demoralised.

Thats surely on the manager though. Has he changed (tactically) how Ayr were playing. 

Just now, grumswall said:

Behave. Macdonald in his 500th career appearance showed his quality with his penalty save.

Apart from that you are right. If any team was going to win as the game went on, I thought it would be Ayr but honestly I don't think either team deserved 3 points in that game. Brutal to watch and with the attacking players on show for both teams, there was a serious lack of quality in the final third. 

Iv never got the hype around akinyemi when watching him. He doesn't do what you'd expect the leagues top scorer to do any time I have seen him. You can see his attributes, but it just rarely works out for him. I think mcguire will be a very good signing if Ayr can get him fit. You could see the obvious quality he does possess in spells tonight. 

To be fair, I meant in an attacking sense.

16 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I know he fucked it up, but not marking the leagues top scorer in the 6 yard box is an interesting choice by Raith there. 

Well, given it’s a set piece, it’s very much on brand. We greatly appreciate his nobility in missing it.

Awful, awful football. Ayr hit it high every time to Dipo, without fail. Their number 5 is probably going to be the next dementia test subject given the number of headers he won as we tried to hit Akio and then Goncalves with similarly pointless balls at times too. Easton missed 2 big chances to score, didn't even get one on target. Spencer had an off day, gave away a daft penalty too. 

I ended up watching that game from Montagues on the High Street. I have to say, I don’t have many regrets there. The positive  is we’re still unbeaten but I fucking hate draws. Especially 0-0 draws. 

At least we saved the penalty and didn’t lose. The shots on goal that went in row Z were dreadful.

Edited by Scary Bear

Just now, Scary Bear said:

I ended up watching that game fro Montagues on the High Street. I have to say, I don’t have many regrets there. Positive is we’re still unbeaten but I fucking hate draws. Especially 0-0 draws.

You're in montagues and you don't have any regrets? 

Don't know what made me sit and watch the 2nd half after reading rave reviews about the 1st half, 45 minutes I'll never get back. Suppose I just wanted to see how Maguire got on, and sure enough he gave me Gary Harkins vibes - Harkins when he played for Forfar though, rather than when he played for us.

Good result for us at the end of the day, can't wait to not take advantage of it!

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

3 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Rovers young team turning up at the station there looking for folk to fight has been the highlight of tonight.

Outstanding, bunch of utter clownshoes. Setting off smoke flares at a penalty save too while the security dude standing next to them did the square root of feck all about it. Wee erse should be made to put the flare out by eating it. 

3 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Rovers young team turning up at the station there looking for folk to fight has been the highlight of tonight.

Aye they quickly turned around. 

You just knew Dempsey was missing that pen, all happened so fast. And Dipo’s header… What a missed opportunity at the death. Ultimately both teams were pish, especially Raith’s forwards. I am sick to death of McGinty’s long balls, it’s utterly soul destroying. I hope that point is the start of us turning this form around, as we did look slightly better in the second half compared to recent weeks. 

I believe Dempsey has put every single one of his penalty’s the same way bar one (against Arbroath at home) so it would’t have been hard for MacDonald and his goalie coach to do a bit of research into it and know where he was going. 

Poor game of football, lacking in quality on both sides. Ayr will probably feel they should have taken 3 points based on the penalty save and Akinyemi’s sitter late on.

That’s the worst I’ve seen us since the draw with Morton before Christmas, a real missed opportunity to put ourselves right into the mix for the top 4. Positives are it’s another game unbeaten and grinding out a point when not at our best and also a much needed clean sheet, only our second clean sheet in our last 13 league games. Thought Lang and Nolan handled Akinyemi pretty well.

Our real problem was up front, we badly miss the option of Vaughan and Gullan. Goncalves is no where near fit and his decision making was poor when opportunities opened up late on. However, he is still a better option than Akio for me who just doesn’t look like a footballer. His movement was awful. Watching him closely, he let the passer dictate his run rather than him dictating the pass with his movement if that makes sense. Always on his heels and only chasing after a pass when it was made rather than making the runs himself for our midfield to find.

7 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

Aye they quickly turned around. 

You just knew Dempsey was missing that pen, all happened so fast. And Dipo’s header… What a missed opportunity at the death. Ultimately both teams were pish, especially Raith’s forwards. I am sick to death of McGinty’s long balls, it’s utterly soul destroying. I hope that point is the start of us turning this form around, as we did look slightly better in the second half compared to recent weeks. 

We have forwards?

Draw a fair result and game probably somes up the standard of the championship

The club that offered the alleged 250 k for Akinyemi will be glad the offer was turned down

Edited by Rovers_Lad