Hibernian v Rangers

I’m glad this is being called out. It was dangerous last night - that picture you can’t see the metal barriers creating lanes they were squeezing dozens of fans through at a time only to bottle neck at the search point. Shambles.

14 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I didn’t say we were all friends, I’m not going to be friends with someone who hates me based solely on the team I support and not on my character, values and principles however your suggestion is that none of us are friends and we are conditioned to hate everyone who supports the other side. That’s just not the reality and if it was my wife wouldn’t be my wife.

And I’m not surprised you couldn’t see the point being made, your view on life is through a very narrow and actually somewhat bigoted lens, I actually feel a little sorry for you.

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’m glad this is being called out. It was dangerous last night - that picture you can’t see the metal barriers creating lanes they were squeezing dozens of fans through at a time only to bottle neck at the search point. Shambles.

Perhaps if you stopped behaving like fuds every away game your support might be treated with respect.

It is behaviour that has gone on for decades. 

Scum unfortunately need to be treated like scum.

Edited by Molotov

6 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Perhaps if you stopped behaving like fuds every away game your support might be treated with respect.

It is behaviour that has gone on for decades. 

Scum unfortunately need to be treated like scum.

Sorry, but this is quite a poor take, IMO.

When it comes to people’s safety, there is no justification for dangerous practices despite what your opinion may be of said people.

Just now, AJF said:

When it comes to people’s safety, there is no justification for dangerous practices despite what your opinion may be of said people.

People’s safety?

Villa Park, Barcelona, Chesterfield, Manchester? 

Scottish cup final riots?

Your fans have endangered innocent peoples lives for decades as a result of bigotry and sectarianism fuelled by bevvy.

A few metal barriers in Edinburgh.
Hundreds and thousands deal with this every Hogmanay in Edinburgh without complaining.

Get a grip.

4 minutes ago, Molotov said:

People’s safety?

Villa Park, Barcelona, Chesterfield, Manchester? 

Scottish cup final riots?

Your fans have endangered innocent peoples lives for decades as a result of bigotry and sectarianism fuelled by bevvy.

A few metal barriers in Edinburgh.
Hundreds and thousands deal with this every Hogmanay in Edinburgh without complaining.

Get a grip.

What a ridiculous argument to try and make. You’re absolutely blinded by hate that you can’t see the human element here.

At the time I was passing between the barriers last night, I had no control on whether I wanted to move forward or not. I simply could not have stopped if I wanted to. The search checkpoint in front then meant you were pressing up against those in front of you. If I took a tumble there was no chance I was able to roll to the side or get out the way.

You’re a w**k.

6 hours ago, AJF said:

What is the solution for this? The Rangers away support are particularly bad so everyone rightly should be searched, they make fans aware of this yet people turn up 10 minutes before kick off and push everyone forward towards the barriers. More crowd control? More police?

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

What is the solution for this? The Rangers away support are particularly bad so everyone rightly should be searched, they make fans aware of this yet people turn up 10 minutes before kick off and push everyone forward towards the barriers. More crowd control? More police?

It’s not really my area of expertise to say what can be done to improve the situation, but the claim that everyone turned up 10 minutes before kick off is entirely false. I stood from 6:45 until around 7:20 with my mate as he was looking for a spare ticket. By that point there was already a massively backlogged queue.

I don’t really have an issue with searches themselves, but doing it the way the road is set up at that narrow section as you turn towards the south stand is ridiculous. Move it further up Albion Road where it is wider and can accommodate more people waiting rather than funnel them into a choke point would be my suggestion.

22 minutes ago, AJF said:

It’s not really my area of expertise to say what can be done to improve the situation, but the claim that everyone turned up 10 minutes before kick off is entirely false. I stood from 6:45 until around 7:20 with my mate as he was looking for a spare ticket. By that point there was already a massively backlogged queue.

I don’t really have an issue with searches themselves, but doing it the way the road is set up at that narrow section as you turn towards the south stand is ridiculous. Move it further up Albion Road where it is wider and can accommodate more people waiting rather than funnel them into a choke point would be my suggestion.

Then local residents who perhaps have no interest in football have to be subjected to the wails of indignation and general misbehaviour. That burden shouldn't fall to them, the burden should be on your away support to be better behaved. 

2 minutes ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

Then local residents who perhaps have no interest in football have to be subjected to the wails of indignation and general misbehaviour. That burden shouldn't fall to them, the burden should be on your away support to be better behaved. 

I’m not sure if you’ve misunderstood what I meant, but I was proposing to move the checkpoint about 20 metres up the road to its widest point. The away fans already walk down that street so I’m not sure what the whole local resident argument is.

Again though, I’m not sure it’s a great look that the argument being made is essentially: we are fine that you found yourself in a potentially dangerous situation because we believe your fan base misbehaves.

There wasn’t a single spot of bother while fans queued to get into the stadium on Wednesday until it become too overcrowded at that choke point. The fact that they had to abandon their checks and allow fans to scramble over the barriers proves that it was a terrible set up.

9 hours ago, AJF said:

Yip Hibs should take a leaf out of our book and only let 1000 of you c***s into the ground. Shocking the damage you lot have done to those metal barriers. 

10 hours ago, Empty It said:

I don't know how OF fans can continue with minority lie, every away game it's full stands singing sectarian shite or pish glorifying terrorists, home games aren't much different (when they're winning). Not all OF fans are bigots but definitely a large proportion and an even larger proportion that join in with their chants

The away supporters are the worst. Majority are the stupid wee bellends who think it's big and tough to sing the old shite. Personally I'd never attend an away game now. They'd spoil it completely. 

Ibrox is different although there is still a large number of the clowns who sing the songs when they think there is an "excuse". 

For the avoidance of doubt, there's never an excuse. 

15 minutes ago, AJF said:

Again though, I’m not sure it’s a great look that the argument being made is essentially: we are fine that you found yourself in a potentially dangerous situation because we believe your fan base misbehaves.

But was it potentially dangerous? As you say it's not your area of expertise and it's certainly not the broomieloan collective's either. This sounds like pious whining worth of the green brigade/union bears 

9 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

But was it potentially dangerous? As you say it's not your area of expertise and it's certainly not the broomieloan collective's either. This sounds like pious whining worth of the green brigade/union bears 

I’m not going to go over it any more mate. You’re entitled to your opinion and I don’t think going into any more detail about it will change it, so we will leave it at that.

12 hours ago, Renfrewblue said:

Pile ons like this don't bother me. I don't lie and I'm not a bigot. I don't fit the standard image some clowns have of Rangers fans and blows their tiny minds. Not my problem.

As I've said, not seen much of Hibs recently so was expecting a tough game based on your recent results. Especially as we're just not playing consistently well. Feared the worst at 1-0 but we really did play well and were ably assisted by poor hibs tactics. 

And your point on budget is perfectly correct but in the past it hasn't always worked. 

Fair play to you. 2 of my pals who are Rangers fans don't fit the comic image either. Both Glasgow boys one with his RC Mrs and athiest son and the other who grew up in Dumbreck, supports his local team down the road, hates all the add on crap and that''s where it ends. 

Re Hibs - we've done well recently but we struggle against the Old Firm now. We used to get results for a bit pretty much always at ER against Rangers and Celtic but perhaps its the budget differential is finally showing. Our level right now is the teams in positions 3 to 6.  The gap between Rangers in 2nd and Hearts in 3rd is miles. That is obvious from the way Rangers have blown Hearts away on their last couple of visits to Tynecastle, and they did the same to us on Wednesday at ER. Once we get the inevitable loss at Parkhead out the way we can focus on getting as many points as possible in April as we won't have to play the Old Firm again till after the split. 

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Perhaps if your support,and that of your green brethern, didn't duplicate tickets and/or squeeze through turnstiles 2 at a time the need for such checks wouldn't be required

12 minutes ago, pansjambo said:

Perhaps if your support,and that of your green brethern, didn't duplicate tickets and/or squeeze through turnstiles 2 at a time the need for such checks wouldn't be required

If you read back, I've already said I don't disagree with checks being carried out. So I'm not quite sure what your point is.