Hibernian v Rangers

7 hours ago, AndyM said:

So the answer to the idiocy of some daft wee boys and some deeply sad 20 somethings (the Green Brigade) on their Student Grant politics kick is to respond to it with more simpleton idiocy? 

Now I realise why I could never have supported Celtic or Rangers.

You're forgetting that the Union Bears are just the equivalent bunch of ned arseholes. 

No difference between the two groups, other than their colours. 

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

He’s not though there are plenty that see the individual. Genuinely mental that people have this sort of warped perception

Warped perception that Celtic fans see **** as a group of orange unionists and **** see celtc fans as nationalist ****** who love the IRA?

Aye no bother mate.

18 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

No problem.  Congratulations on being the first supporter of Sevco that sees supporters of other teams as individuals and not Catholics or Nationalists.  You truly are one in a million :)  

Nope. I know plenty like me. Your bias is clearly blinding you, or you don't get out enough outside of football grounds. 

2 minutes ago, Renfrewblue said:

Nope. I know plenty like me. Your bias is clearly blinding you, or you don't get out enough outside of football grounds. 

Nothing is blinding and I get out perfect cheers.   You must totally cringe from game to game with all the chants and songs sang about the most irrelevant sectarian things known to man.  Respect to you Mr Wonka.

4 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Warped perception that Celtic fans see **** as a group of orange unionists and **** see celtc fans as nationalist ****** who love the IRA?

Aye no bother mate.

What utter pish. 

My uncle is a Rangers supporter and his best friend was a Celtic supporting, devout Catholic. His friend died of cancer and my uncle wore his friend's crucifix from then on. It started as a joke between them but ended up his own memorial.

My uncle was slashed on the cheek by a scumbag who decided he was a "****** b*****d" in the wrong pub. 

If you can't see that there are all sorts supporting all teams then your a bigot. Plain and simple, whether you like it or not. 

2 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Nothing is blinding and I get out perfect cheers.   You must totally cringe from game to game with all the chants and songs sang about the most irrelevant sectarian things known to man.  Respect to you Mr Wonka.

Why would I cringe? I'm not responsible for the fuckwits. 

And you'll not be getting a golden ticket from me, Charlie Bucket. 

12 minutes ago, Renfrewblue said:

Why would I cringe? I'm not responsible for the fuckwits. 

And you'll not be getting a golden ticket from me, Charlie Bucket. 

Fair enough.  You must have been disgusted at your support last night during our tribute too.  And it was the majority of supporters if not all.

15 minutes ago, Renfrewblue said:

What utter pish. 

My uncle is a Rangers supporter and his best friend was a Celtic supporting, devout Catholic. His friend died of cancer and my uncle wore his friend's crucifix from then on. It started as a joke between them but ended up his own memorial.

My uncle was slashed on the cheek by a scumbag who decided he was a "****** b*****d" in the wrong pub. 

If you can't see that there are all sorts supporting all teams then your a bigot. Plain and simple, whether you like it or not. 

Why would that make me a bigot?  

29 minutes ago, Renfrewblue said:

I agree with you on the behaviour during the memorial. It was utterly disgusting and Rangers should be condemning it. However I'm not responsible for the idiots who behaved like scum, so why should I be embarrassed? 

Seriously, when you see one of those Tartan tat shops in Edinburgh, are you embarrassed to be Scottish? Because that's where your logic leads. 

I’m going to ignore your nonsense comparison as I’m sure if you had the time again you’d come up with something better. 

Im sure you’re not a bad guy, but I do believe you’re very much part of the problem. We are not talking about a small minority of factors, which every support has. We’re talking about a support, particularly the away support, that prides itself on being as obnoxious and odious as it possibly can. A club that knows its demographic, knows why it has such a large following across the Irish Sea and wouldn’t dream of risking losing that base. 

If you really find the behaviour disgusting then you should very much be embarrassed by your football club. It is a poison. And there are the scum that directly contribute to it being poison, and there’s the non-bigoted, decent guys who either bury their head in the sand or wash their hands of it because they like following a big team. 

42 minutes ago, Renfrewblue said:

So just supporting Rangers makes him a bigot? 

So extending your logic that means every Hibs fan ever is an HIV+ junkie? Because that's the insult used for you, is it not? 

Supporting a team doesn't mean it dictates your lifestyle nor are you responsible for the rest of the support. If you can't understand that then you are a lost cause. 

Hibs don’t advocate drug abuse. Rangers didn’t sign catholics. You can choose to align with that or not. It’s a decision to support a club that was discriminatory towards catholics. 

If you are capable of turning a blind eye to the abhorrent history of the club, you are a bigot. Hope this helps. 

36 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Fair enough.  You must have been disgusted at your support last night during our tribute too.  And it was the majority of supporters if not all.

As I've already said, I was. There's no excuse for disrupting any memorial. It's a vile thing to do. 

29 minutes ago, Judy Murray said:

Hibs don’t advocate drug abuse. Rangers didn’t sign catholics. You can choose to align with that or not. It’s a decision to support a club that was discriminatory towards catholics. 

If you are capable of turning a blind eye to the abhorrent history of the club, you are a bigot. Hope this helps. 

I was 5 when I chose Rangers. My Dad never explained what the songs were and I didn't know anything about religious bigotry until High school. My family were all atheist. 

I don't turn a blind eye because I e read up on the subject and I don't accept bigotry or bias in any form in my life 

However I am not responsible for Rangers or any of their other supporters. I'm responsible for me and my behaviour. 

By extension you should be ashamed to be Scottish because our country was built quite heavily on slave trade money. 

Or maybe you can just be a decent person now and work to prevent bigotry and bias where you are responsible. 

42 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’m going to ignore your nonsense comparison as I’m sure if you had the time again you’d come up with something better. 

Im sure you’re not a bad guy, but I do believe you’re very much part of the problem. We are not talking about a small minority of factors, which every support has. We’re talking about a support, particularly the away support, that prides itself on being as obnoxious and odious as it possibly can. A club that knows its demographic, knows why it has such a large following across the Irish Sea and wouldn’t dream of risking losing that base. 

If you really find the behaviour disgusting then you should very much be embarrassed by your football club. It is a poison. And there are the scum that directly contribute to it being poison, and there’s the non-bigoted, decent guys who either bury their head in the sand or wash their hands of it because they like following a big team. 

So I should let the bigots drive me away then? 

Or I can add to the growing number of decent folk supporting the club. The more like me there are, the less the club needs the bigots. 

And you can ram that big team pish. I've been a Rangers supporter for 50 years. I remember plenty of pish years both before and after the Murray era. 

1 hour ago, Hoose Rice said:

Aye no bother mate.

I don’t see every Rangers fans as a group of Orange unionists in fact i can probably count on one hand the number of Rangers supporting friends I have that give the slightest iota of a f**k about the Orange Order and I know a quite few who are pro Indy.

Are you one of these people who walk around thinking everyone Muslim Is a jihadist? Because that’s the logic you are applying, absolute mentalist that you are.

I don't know how OF fans can continue with minority lie, every away game it's full stands singing sectarian shite or pish glorifying terrorists, home games aren't much different (when they're winning). Not all OF fans are bigots but definitely a large proportion and an even larger proportion that join in with their chants

8 minutes ago, Empty It said:

I don't know how OF fans can continue with minority lie, every away game it's full stands singing sectarian shite or pish glorifying terrorists, home games aren't much different (when they're winning). Not all OF fans are bigots but definitely a large proportion and an even larger proportion that join in with their chants

At away games recently it’s been pretty bad, there seems to have been a swell in the last couple of seasons of edgy wee fannies who want to resurrect a songbook that should have been left behind a long time ago not that it was ever appropriate anyway, however many regular away day fans have stopped going because of this however home games are different. It’s a difficult thing to quantify but there is a noticeable difference in what is sung and the number of participants.

Also your average Celtic/Rangers fan on here isn’t your GB/UB flag waving, flare wielding zealot or we would be posting on KDS and FF and not here. 

40 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I don’t see every Rangers fans as a group of Orange unionists in fact i can probably count on one hand the number of Rangers supporting friends I have that give the slightest iota of a f**k about the Orange Order and I know a quite few who are pro Indy.

Are you one of these people who walk around thinking everyone Muslim Is a jihadist? Because that’s the logic you are applying, absolute mentalist that you are.

Oh so you are all friends and there's no belief based hate there at all? 

Muslims?  What on Earth have they got to do with two bigoted hate filled groups of "supporters"?

13 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Unfortunately the football governing bodies in Scotland won’t take action as it’s this hatred that continues to sell the product worldwide. 

We take the knee in solidarity against racism but don’t do fcuk all to deal with sectarian cancer in our society.

Show the Red card?

Why don’t we deal with the biggest problem in Scottish football?

Why?

Because both sides make money out of it and so do the SFA and SPFL. 

Boils my piss.

4 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Oh so you are all friends and there's no belief based hate there at all? 

Muslims?  What on Earth have they got to do with two bigoted hate filled groups of "supporters"?

I didn’t say we were all friends, I’m not going to be friends with someone who hates me based solely on the team I support and not on my character, values and principles however your suggestion is that none of us are friends and we are conditioned to hate everyone who supports the other side. That’s just not the reality and if it was my wife wouldn’t be my wife.

And I’m not surprised you couldn’t see the point being made, your view on life is through a very narrow and actually somewhat bigoted lens, I actually feel a little sorry for you.

Edited by Jinky67