Doonhamers vs. Bairns

20 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Quite surprised to see Michael Ruth has barely been getting any game time under either Gibson or Bartley. He wasn't great but did manage to score 4 goals in 10 starts despite being part of the worst Falkirk side ever last season. 

Would keep the team as similar as possible to the last time we played at Palmerston, but Rowe in for Yeats with Henderson moving in to midfield and McKay to CH. Then bring on Kucheriavyi, Lawal, Oliver, Allan etc if required.

Michael Ruth FFS he is from the Sheerin “absolutely stinking ex-Aberdeen I worked with him at youth level along with Seb Ross and they were excellent then” type player. 

8 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

He needs to tone down his public slaughtering of the team. By all means do that behind closed doors but for me it is just for show the sort of stuff he is coming out with in his post match interviews. 

I've no issue with it. We had this come up a few weeks back but he hasn't said anything wrong or harsh so far IMO. The goals we've been losing have literally been individual mistakes. He hasn't singled anyone out that I can recall. If next season it's his system that's failing and he blames players then I'll of course start to get pissed off with it but as it is I've no issue. He's been extremely complimentary of the players in interviews as well, which is even more shocking given how shite the majority are. 

If the players don't want to get slated they should do the bloody basics right to avoid it. 

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I've no issue with it. We had this come up a few weeks back but he hasn't said anything wrong or harsh so far IMO. The goals we've been losing have literally been individual mistakes. He hasn't singled anyone out that I can recall. If next season it's his system that's failing and he blames players then I'll of course start to get pissed off with it but as it is I've no issue. He's been extremely complimentary of the players in interviews as well, which is even more shocking given how shite the majority are. 

If the players don't want to get slated they should do the bloody basics right to avoid it. 

He says the same thing about 3/4 times in an interview though. For me he is trying to get the fans to love him. Result turn fans, talk is doesn’t without results. 

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

He says the same thing about 3/4 times in an interview though. For me he is trying to get the fans to love him. Result turn fans, talk is doesn’t without results. 

Maybe. For me it shows he at least sees what's going on. Talk is cheap though. As I say, I have no issue with it the now but if next season this continues after he's brought his own players in I won't be as content. 

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Maybe. For me it shows he at least sees what's going on. Talk is cheap though. As I say, I have no issue with it the now but if next season this continues after he's brought his own players in I won't be as content. 

Fair shout

23 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

If you're hearing your new manager continually slating you in the press rather than just having a word behind closed doors you aren't exactly going to have the same motivation to perform for that manager.

Obviously it will get the right reaction out of a few but the majority won't like it. Feel sorry for him right enough as Gibson's signings in the summer were absolutely mental.

32 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

If you're hearing your new manager continually slating you in the press rather than just having a word behind closed doors you aren't exactly going to have the same motivation to perform for that manager.

Obviously it will get the right reaction out of a few but the majority won't like it. Feel sorry for him right enough as Gibson's signings in the summer were absolutely mental.

If he was saying anything remotely harsh I'd be inclined to agree. He isn't saying anything that the fans aren't screaming at them from the stands though. Tbh I doubt he's getting any motivation from the majority of this lot regardless of his approach. When it comes to signing his own squad next season I'd imagine it'll be set out from the beginning of negotiations that if you don't perform you'll know about it. 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

As @19QOS19 says, this is where most Queens fans are with Bartley just now - he's basically on a free hit to the end of the season.  He'll start being measured on his success or lack thereof next season.  What I do like is that he's a decision maker and doesn't mess about - if he thinks a player isn't up to it, he's out, simples.

Disappointed to see Cochrane drop out but good to see Wilson return (thought Bartley didn't like him. Or is it possible MB does want a certain level of fitness from players?...) 

Thankfully Murray finally dropped. Connelly has looked poor on his odd cameos recently so I'm hoping he grabs this chance, if for no other reason than to keep Murray out. I'm assuming it'll be a back 3 with wingbacks or a flat back 5 to try and keep it tight. 

Screenshot_20230318-141126.png

13 minutes ago, Rugster said:

No. Max started on Monday. It’s Kennedy and Oliver in for Nesbitt and Wright. 

That Max K lad looks a really decent player in the making.  Surprised St J put him out on loan.

Cochrane, Gibson and Murray all dropped - Murray not surprising but the other two maybe.  Still, Bartley obviously wants to see how Wilson and Connelly perform from the start - time for Connelly to shine if he wants to be here next season.

4 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Cochrane, Gibson and Murray all dropped - Murray not surprising but the other two maybe.  Still, Bartley obviously wants to see how Wilson and Connelly perform from the start - time for Connelly to shine if he wants to be here next season.

Thought Gibson had one of his worst games for us against Clyde. Still young of course but a rest isn't a bad idea. Decent impact sub to have as well. 

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Thought Gibson had one of his worst games for us against Clyde. Still young of course but a rest isn't a bad idea. Decent impact sub to have as well. 

Fair point - I was thinking the same ... good potential impact from the bench (both Gibson and Cochrane).