Auchinleck v East Kilbride South cup

18 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Statement says the process has been followed, it came back he could play from the competition Secretary, not sure who else you can officially check with? Seems like they managed to get the other three players right in the exact same process so makes you wonder…

I too think this. Can understand people saying it's easy to find on Google that the player was involved with Clydebank in the same competition, but if you've approached the Competition Organisers i.e. official channels, first then why would you also Google. It's all a bit unfortunate

In our day and age suerley their must be a system in place to say wether any player from another club has played in a cup game and if talbot did ask the organisers surely they would know but hey its scottish football for you we are about 50 years behind everyone else 

10 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

I too think this. Can understand people saying it's easy to find on Google that the player was involved with Clydebank in the same competition, but if you've approached the Competition Organisers i.e. official channels, first then why would you also Google. It's all a bit unfortunate

Indeed fella, had it not been an emergency loan the media team may have had the chance to look at the player and perhaps could have spotted it as trolllad points out. However going by the statement, if you’ve seemingly documented checks you conduct for all signings, in this example 4!  Which appears to have got at three of them correct it’s hard to justify then going on to cross examine them. It’s apparently the cup themselves, no a random on google.

If it’s an honest mistake by someone due to the double barrel surname for example, then that should be said. Not boot a team out of a cup, The loss of earnings and drawing endless attention to the matter in what? An effort to protect a possible mistake? Hope Talbot appeal 

Appeal will go nowhere, and Talbot would be better holding their hands up, acknowledging it as human error and moving on. Totally different situation with Kilwinning. All this would have taken would be asking the player in question if he played for Clydebank in any cups. The match went to extra time so I am assuming he realised that it was a cup tie. They could then have taken five minutes to clarify which cup that was. It is on Clydebank's website/twitter, as well as Pollok's website. Or they could have dropped a text to the Clydebank match secretary. Had they followed these very straightforward and well-established practices they would have realised it pretty quickly.

As it is, a mistake has been made and the volunteer/s involved will be kicking themselves. This season more than any in recent memory shows how easy it is to make them with Premiership and Championship sides falling foul to it also. People make mistakes, and they are more likely when the role is being juggled with jobs/other commitments that people at this level have. 

Just now, Killiepiyo said:

They’ve literally a paper trail saying they didn’t 😂

You tried in a terrible attempt to blame East Kilbride for fielding a cup tied player and made an arse of it on here,  now your trying to bring the buffs into it , just admit Talbot made an arse of it, they aren't the first and won't be the last in fairness .

3 minutes ago, fb4 said:

Could we get someone from the competition organisers on here to clarify what Auchinleck Talbot asked when trying to get the player on emergency loan, that would clear things up imo.

Some may hold the opinion it’s easier to boot someone out the cup 😂

Just now, Killiepiyo said:

Some may hold the opinion it’s easier to boot someone out the cup 😂

And rightly so as they fielded an ineligible player.

What would your opinion be if East Kilbride had done the same thing?

I'm quite sure you would be calling for them to be kicked out.