Auchinleck v East Kilbride South cup

I`m certainly no fan of Talbot, would love to see them go out the all the cups... legitimately though!

However, if Talbot have documented evidence (email or text) showing they asked the cup manager if the player was eligible, and were told yes he is... then it is not their fault and should be reinstated.

What higher authority can they possibly go to, to check these details other than the competition organiser/manager?

If they do not have that evidence in print and it was only verbally confirmed, then they are goosed and out the cup. If someone tells you anything verbally, you should always ask for a follow up in writing... "The ACE email" (Arse Covering Exercise).

If they haven`t asked the questions, or checked the facts - then they should rightfully be kicked out. 

And, if they have knowingly appealed without the correct evidence/documentation in place, they should be fined (loads, hunners and plenty) 😝

5 minutes ago, Hawf time pie said:

I`m certainly no fan of Talbot, would love to see them go out the all the cups... legitimately though!

However, if Talbot have documented evidence (email or text) showing they asked the cup manager if the player was eligible, and were told yes he is... then it is not their fault and should be reinstated.

What higher authority can they possibly go to, to check these details other than the competition organiser/manager?

If they do not have that evidence in print and it was only verbally confirmed, then they are goosed and out the cup. If someone tells you anything verbally, you should always ask for a follow up in writing... "The ACE email" (Arse Covering Exercise).

If they haven`t asked the questions, or checked the facts - then they should rightfully be kicked out. 

And, if they have knowingly appealed without the correct evidence/documentation in place, they should be fined (loads, hunners and plenty) 😝

Do you expect the 'cup manager' to have the wherewithal to collate and then share that information?

15 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Do you expect the 'cup manager' to have the wherewithal to collate and then share that information?

Yes, I’d expect anyone in such a role to have the competence to carry out their job. If there was a mistake then come out and say there was a mistake and you’re taking steps to avoid it in future. 

Not saying that this has happened but I’ve made mistakes in the past and considered denying things and taking actions to protect myself (would have been easier) but decided being honest and taking the heat gave more confidence to the people around me that I could do the role and it was a mistake, identifying where I’d gone wrong. We’re only human, we’re not uefa or world governors.

Figured if we had minutes or something of the meeting we could look at what was considered in reaching the decision to kick Talbot out. I’m presuming Talbot thought the mistake would be identified by the committee and not kicked out of the cup. Three out of the four clearances were seemingly correct so arguably it’s in everyone’s interests to know what went wrong with this one?

16 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

It's Talbot's mistake are you really thick or just so biased? If Talbot get away with this then the whole thing Is corrupt . 

No doubt you will try and plead the poor Me response but what part of Talbot fielded a cup tied player aren't you getting into your skull 😆 You're really just not getting it are you?

Seething mess

30 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I would assume there is some sort of match secretary that every single team line gets submitted to, that's even the case at amateur level.

Believe so pal, that’s why the SFA say to check with the cup concerned which Talbot can seemingly evidence they did. In do that process it identified that Sinnamon and Fisher were cup tied, Smith wasn’t and why we’re all here, the goal keeper was seemingly clear to play. The statement said they had full faith the clearances were correct as I’m guessing why would you suddenly doubt what’s been in place for years?

There’s an argument if being cup tied is still required in Scottish football but perhaps for another day

23 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

I know. It's almost as though it's expected that the person with responsibility for having the team lines should know who played in that cup. Crazy eh?

Edited by jimbaxters

2 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

I believe Competition Managers have access to an SFA system where they can check. Not sure if you have to provide the club they may have played for oe not but it doesn't take to long to check.

15 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

But it is 

Mon the papers

Don't even try and reason with him he's deluded.  Can't accept that Talbot are even a tiny bit to blame when it's their responsibility to make sure that cup tied players shouldn't pull on a Talbot jersey in a cup competition   😂

9 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

Don't even try and reason with him he's deluded.  Can't accept that Talbot are even a tiny bit to blame when it's their responsibility to make sure that cup tied players shouldn't pull on a Talbot jersey in a cup competition   😂

Let the appeal board decide Hertha. If they uphold it you can resume your obsession with the fella.

Is the Scottish Challenge Cup not run by the Lowland League? 

They've only got 16 teams and 2 Cups to look after. Kennie would have that done by breakfast... and it's these clowns that the future of Scottish international football is in the hands of :blink: