Aberdeen v Heart of Midlothian 18/3/23

1 hour ago, DC92 said:

I said after we beat Dundee United a few weeks ago that if we kept playing the way we were, the shite performances would start producing shite results. I thought our recent wins were completely down to isolated moments of quality or luck rather than any kind of pattern of play and I wanted us to be proactive and change the clearly flawed system which routinely sees us completely overrun in midfield. I'm not claiming to be a clairvoyant here - it was just extremely fucking obvious.

I don't particularly rate Neilson but I at least thought of him as someone who generally takes the pragmatic approach. There was nothing pragmatic about lining up with a slow midfield two against a three today at a venue we usually struggle at and in a game where a point would have been a decent result. I know he's stubborn but it's bizarre to see him keep doing the same mental tactics week after week.

There should be enough points in the available fixtures for us to take third but I've got very little faith in Neilson getting us there at the moment and both Hibs and Aberdeen have got their acts together. Hopefully this is a wake-up call because there's definitely no coming back for him if he chucks this.

Neilson's success, such as it is, second time round has pretty much exclusively been down to (a) spending far more than everyone else to unimpressively win the Championship, (b) every other team taking turns at shooting each other in the face last year, and © Joe Savage finding enough quality players for their ability to make up for his total lack of tactical ability, his failure to learn from his mistakes and his utterly infuriating belief that he's some kind of Pep Guardiola level footballing genius.

We were shite today, but to be fair, Aberdeen were excellent that first half hour. Surely Robson has to be appointed proper manager now (as usual in these kinds of situations, though, you have to wonder what a shower of c***s the Aberdeen players were under Goodwin to basically not turn up for weeks, just to get him sacked).

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

True, but everyone could see Duk was done at the 70th minute. Senseless to keep him on.

Agree. 
That’s when muscular injuries happen. 
He was breathing out his hoop. 
A bit understandable we were reluctant to make subs though, as the drop off from the starting X1 to the subs is quite significant. 

Can't believe how bad we were there. Tactics wrong from the start, no effort to address it. Appetite from the players was shite and you could have subbed absolutely anyone apart from Clark and they'd have had no complaints. 

Aberdeen fully deserved the win. They had hunger, pressed well and were far more direct.

In a battle for 3rd now which is really not good considering the position we'd worked to get ourselves in. The difference between us at Tynecastle and away is worrying and I have absolutely no faith in Neilson to address that. 

40 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Can't believe how bad we were there. Tactics wrong from the start, no effort to address it. Appetite from the players was shite and you could have subbed absolutely anyone apart from Clark and they'd have had no complaints. 

Aberdeen fully deserved the win. They had hunger, pressed well and were far more direct.

In a battle for 3rd now which is really not good considering the position we'd worked to get ourselves in. The difference between us at Tynecastle and away is worrying and I have absolutely no faith in Neilson to address that. 

To be fair, Clark was shite too 

5 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

To be fair, Clark was shite too 

Don't really think he was at fault for the goals and was constantly left exposed.

That said, he might have been, I'm not exactly rushing to watch it back.

22 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Poor slap in to a danger area for the 1st goal.

Very slow to get down for the 3rd goal.

First goal was him getting a hand to a cross and not tjat easy to get much direction on IMO. He's entitled to think the defence will deal with it.

Edited by Tony Wonder

What an enjoyable game. We dominated from the kick off and a tad disappointed that we weren't able to add to the three first half goals. Shinnie was magnificent today and controlled the match. Looking back on what Hearts fans were saying pre-match, they must be delighted that Shankland and Snodgrass were fit to start. I had to move my seat today and was sitting right next to the Hearts support. Amazed to hear a group of them chanting "Robbie, Robbie get tae f*ck" in the first half, and of the ones left after the full-time whistle they were telling any players coming over to applaud them to f*ck off. These people are a damned sight more fickle than our mob.

Am I right in thinking you've been pretty good at home all season, it's your away form that is pish?

A bit like Hearts really but with a negative goals difference.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

. Amazed to hear a group of them chanting "Robbie, Robbie get tae f*ck" in the first half, and of the ones left after the full-time whistle they were telling any players coming over to applaud them to f*ck off. These people are a damned sight more fickle than our mob.

Hard to blame them tbh. Conceded 6 in the last week before today, and are then 3 down on less than half an hour today. This is also with a horror show in Motherwell fresh in the memory and Robbie has spent all week saying we had to be ready for a battle. So if he believes that why were we so passive and why didn't he try to address it when the game is running away from us?

Sometimes he gets an unfair bit of stick, other times he fully deserves it.

Shouting at the players is never great but doesn't help when folk like Hill are getting sucked into arguments.  What are they expecting after a performance like that? Take your lumps and move on.