Euro 2024 - Qualification Thread

jagfox

Austria have done well under Rangnick's tenure. Seems we caught them on a temporary downturn during World Cup qualifying. Also interesting to see how their squad has changed since that period. 

Edited by 2426255

2 minutes ago, velo army said:

Obviously VAR is terrible, but that's an obvious goal kick. He's given a corner and the second delivery resulted in a penalty. 

Dreadful on both decisions but Greece are shite.

I have no idea if it was the correct call for the penalty, because each one of the 3-4 replays they showed were utter pish.

Hopefully it livens the game up anyway.

4 minutes ago, velo army said:

Obviously VAR is terrible, but that's an obvious goal kick. He's given a corner and the second delivery resulted in a penalty. 

Dreadful on both decisions but Greece are shite.

What game is this and what’s happened? 

Sigurdsson is now equal top national team scorer.

Apparently recently signed with Lyngby in Denmark after criminal charges were dropped, by the CPS in April.

Edited by jagfox

13 minutes ago, Donathan said:

What game is this and what’s happened? 

Greece v Netherlands. Greek boy hit it off the Dutch lad and the linesperson gave a corner. The ball got cleared from the corner and when the ball got delivered back in there was a tussle and the ref, in his finite wisdom, gave a pelanty. Thankfully the Dutch are committed to sportsmanship and put Weghorst up to take it. He promptly passed it into the keeper's arms. Magnificent gesture by him tbf.

E.T.A Holland are fucking bowfin. Absolute rubbish.

Edited by velo army

Just now, craigkillie said:

Watching on mute, but I was very confused about why the ref was asked to go and check that Dutch penalty. Dumfries definitely went down easily but it looked a pretty blatant foul, didn't see much scope for overturning it.

Seems to me that the referee wasn't sure why he had to check that when he was at the screen and stuck with his decision as a result. I admit the first penalty was really soft, but this seemed clear enough.

4 minutes ago, Marten said:

Seems to me that the referee wasn't sure why he had to check that when he was at the screen and stuck with his decision as a result. I admit the first penalty was really soft, but this seemed clear enough.

He's just ignored VAR again