1 minute ago, TONTROOPER said:

tHERE'S AYE A dEE HOVERIN........Aye...I'm lookin at YOU Ross b Fae.... bla bla

Actually.....I've been on a fitba high since Hampden....the Lichties result tonight made me happy.

However.......down and fight amongst the dirt ramorra. Safe home.

6 hours ago, Thumper said:

Is that relative to Ayr in general, or relative to other teams in the league? Because I'd fully agree that this wasn't a substantially below-par performance for Ayr this season, but this in itself is pretty damning considering the opposition was a part-time team who had only won at home once in the league this season.

I think you do them a huge disservice to be honest, you're talking about a good number of last seasons squad that almost achieved a footballing miracle and have lost the same number of games this season as Partick and only one less now than ourselves, Raith and Inverness.

I think the home stat was hugely misleading too, one that a team playing at Gayfield was always going to turn round, I think most would accept that.

From the outside looking in, the number of draws is what's held them back this season but as we found out last night that back four and goalkeeper keeps them in most games at this level.

Dempsey hits the outside of the post not long before they score their second, it could be a different game for hitting the other side of the post.

If's, buts and maybes, I get that, but it only proves how little there is between teams and picking up points in most Championship games.

Edited by BukyOHare

6 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Dempsey hits the outside of the post not long before they score their second, it could be a different game for hitting the other side of the post.

If's, buts and maybes, I get that, but it only proves how little there is between teams and picking up points in most Championship games.

Hiya Lee, hiya pal.

Who is doing them a disservice: me for pointing out (correctly) that they are a part time time who have only won twice at home, or you who is suggesting that a game in which they comfortably played Ayr off the park from about ten minutes in could have gone either way?

10 hours ago, TONTROOPER said:

tHERE'S AYE A dEE HOVERIN........Aye...I'm lookin at YOU Ross b Fae.... bla bla

I hope for your sake that you're in your late teens.

Edited by Thumper

A home win that we've been waiting for for months. Only downside was Hammy's injury that seems like a bad one. I'm sure we all wish him the best for a full recovery.

A few weeks ago we were looking like a team likely to be relegated but have managed to turn things round after that dreadful first half against Morton a couple of weeks ago. Amazing what a couple of wins can do.

Hilson...what to say. I was kinda surprised that he started but he did what we've been lacking up front for most of the season. Up against a centre half who was almost twice his size he won virtually every battle. He held the ball up and brought others into play, scored a goal and had a hand in the second. He ran and chased unselfishly and for all the good play by others, for me he was mom.

21 hours ago, WATTOO said:

A very attacking looking line up tonight, Maguire was superb last week though so definitely deserves a chance and with Daire, Dipo and a rejuvenated Ashford alongside, I'd be shocked if we didn't score at least 1 tonight.

Arbroath have looked dangerous though every time we've played them and I'd expect nothing other than a very tough match.

I was shocked ☹️

Probably all been said but Arbroath were very good and thoroughly deserved their victory.

Little and O'Brien were immense at the back and never gave Dipo a kick of the ball and Maguire just couldn't get involved. McKenna bossed the Midfield and Hilson ran his heart out up top while Gaston looked completely secure between the sticks. 

As for us, it was just another off night and  Dipo, Murdoch, Maguire and McAllister all had their poorest games in a long time and all in all we just didn't fire. Ashford was probably our best player but his final ball and end product were still lacking.

Nothing much more to say other than well done to Arbroath and you should have no issues at all staying up and as for us, we'll bounce back and hopefully will be back on song next week.

I'd agree with the above.

But I cannot recall any game we've won, if fact when we've not lost, when both Dipo and Murdoch are off their game. One of the other off and we have just about coped but not both.

Dipo didn't get much service but when he did he didn't use as well as usual, and didn't manage to bring others into the game who had more space - given that two players were on him instantly most of the time.

I would give pass marks to McAllister, perhaps to Ashford and Maquire in spells but other than that we looked completely dysfunctional.

There was talk on the terraces that Arbroath's second goal was offside from a couple who were directly inline but as nobody has mentioned it here, I guess the TV pictures didn't support that.

Decent fish and chips supper at the Bell Rock and a late afternoon visit to Barry Mill (where the miller/guide was incredibly enthusiastic and welcoming) on the drive up were the only highlights.  

11 minutes ago, Yid_in_Exiile said:

I'd agree with the above.

But I cannot recall any game we've won, if fact when we've not lost, when both Dipo and Murdoch are off their game. One of the other off and we have just about coped but not both.

Dipo didn't get much service but when he did he didn't use as well as usual, and didn't manage to bring others into the game who had more space - given that two players were on him instantly most of the time.

I would give pass marks to McAllister, perhaps to Ashford and Maquire in spells but other than that we looked completely dysfunctional.

There was talk on the terraces that Arbroath's second goal was offside from a couple who were directly inline but as nobody has mentioned it here, I guess the TV pictures didn't support that.

Decent fish and chips supper at the Bell Rock and a late afternoon visit to Barry Mill (where the miller/guide was incredibly enthusiastic and welcoming) on the drive up were the only highlights.  

I was very worried about Dipo pre match, as we all know what he can do, but he was completely anonymous. Could have been an off day for him but I like to think it was as much down to our defence.

I must admit that our second looked very tight re offside when I watched it back but without VAR then the benefit should always be given to the attacking team. We’ve all had plenty of tight calls for and against us so swings and roundabouts.

11 minutes ago, Yid_in_Exiile said:

Just had a look and Dow is played in a yard onside from Ayr defenders at the edge of their box in the centre.

6 hours ago, Thumper said:

Hiya Lee, hiya pal.

Who is doing them a disservice: me for pointing out (correctly) that they are a part time time who have only won twice at home, or you who is suggesting that a game in which they comfortably played Ayr off the park from about ten minutes in could have gone either way?

I hope for your sake that you're in your late teens.

"Comfortably played Ayr off the park" yet Albinson never actually had a save of note? Seeing as you only seem to deal in correct points, how do you try and equate that without sounding even more patronising and negative?

My name isn't Lee and you're not my pal.

Edited by BukyOHare