Nicola Sturgeon Arrested, Peter Murrell Charged

Lex

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

It's not just unionists, the pro independence genital inspectors are absolutely desperate anaw.  

Take GRR out of this and it’s STILL a shitshow. Stop clinging to excuses or mitigations for what is a catastrophic f**k up that so many cheered on with glee.

9 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I think this is what some people miss.

There may be no criminality but the actions were completely unethical.

I made a similar point regards Salmond - he was found not guilty on all charges bar one (not proven) yet his behaviour was creepy and inappropriate.

The two positions are not mutually exclusive.

It's not good enough for the SNP (and the wider independence movement) to measure themselves against Tory misdemeanours - they need to be better than that.

See also: Patrick Grady's misdemeanours

1 hour ago, Thorongil said:

Yes, because the media were very keen to get on board with the missing £600k.

Lol, they have only been banging on about it since the week the allegations surfaced. We don't even know what the Police were looking into. The media insinuation seems to be "something" surrounding 600k of alleged "ring fenced" campaign funds. You seem to be off on an altogether different tangent albeit one you seem to have simply conjured up. Let's wait and see what actually the facts are.

Just now, Billy Jean King said:

Let's wait and see what actually the facts are.

People invent their own "facts" these days, then proceed to stick with those "facts", while claiming conspiracy when those "facts" are indisputably proven to be false.

On 07/01/2022 at 10:27, Thorongil said:

I am a member of Alba due to my support for Alex Salmond and belief in independence. I had been a member of the SNP for 15 years prior to joining Alba. 

I do however keep my membership under review because much of the criticism of Alba is valid. The likes of McEleny and Arthur are absolute liabilities. 

To become a real credible party a lot of work needs to be done.

How's that going?

29 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Lol, they have only been banging on about it since the week the allegations surfaced. We don't even know what the Police were looking into. The media insinuation seems to be "something" surrounding 600k of alleged "ring fenced" campaign funds. You seem to be off on an altogether different tangent albeit one you seem to have simply conjured up. Let's wait and see what actually the facts are.

Scottish journalists and above all  PE have been investigating and writing about Murrell's Ted Crilly handling of the £600k for months, if not a year or two now. The resignation of the SNP's internal whistleblowers was a long time ago too. 

That you chose to bury your head in the sand does not actually mean that the allegations only 'surfaced' this week and that the circumstances are completely obscure. 

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Imagine falling to a level where you're genuinely desperate for a crime to have been committed.

Utter bollocks. Most of the UK has been rooting for Boris Johnson and co. to be charged by the police and prosecuted for their misconduct over 'Partygate'. If Rishi Sunak and Douglas Ross were personally implicated in a potential criminal offence tomorrow I would be laughing all day long. 

This smacks of special (and particularly pathetic) pleading.