Nicola Sturgeon Arrested, Peter Murrell Charged

Lex

2 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Good luck with that. £600k gone on a motorhome, jewellery and pots and pans? Whether proved stolen (I doubt that'll stick eventually) or just frittered away I somehow think there might be a wee credibility issue for the fundraisers to address in any future rounds with the begging bowl...

No idea what the police are pursuing but in most of these political scandals it's the cover up rather than the act itself.

Ring-fenced funds can't be spent on whatever Peter Murrell fancied. Or what Humza fancies. The party is morally bankrupt on this. The contortions and contrivances being imagined as a defence are pretty unedifying. This is not acceptable conduct plain and simple.

Is it criminal? I doubt it but I suspect the police have stumbled onto something else criminal tbh.

Its dodgy as f**k though. I still expect more than half the NEC to resign before Conference.

Edited by Trogdor

3 minutes ago, orfc said:

I've put it this way before: The money was for use in an actual referendum campaign, not a campaign to get a referendum.

If your football club raised money from it's supporters to be used exclusively in a European campaign, and then said they spent it trying to qualify for Europe you'd feel ripped off wouldn't you?

Personally no, especially as there's no Euro campaign in the foreseeable future for either of my surviving clubs, any penny spent to change that would be welcome though. 

why dont the SNP just own it and pay back the money from those who want their money back and feel they got ripped off and keep the money of those who didnt care.

Did I read somewhere that on the same place they listed this fundraising for Indyref2 campaign they had also listed a separate place to donate specifically to the SNP ? Maybe thats worng but thought I read that somewhere.

7 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Humza Yousaf has said that the SNP won't refund any donations and that all the money will be spent advancing the cause of an independence referendum.  

Has he ruled out giving everyone a shot of the camper van?

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

Has he ruled out giving everyone a shot of the camper van?

Congratulations! You’ve been allocated a Tuesday/Wednesday in February 2031. You pick it up in Wester Ross 3pm, please make sure it’s back in Uddingston for 11am the following morning for the wee wifey to give it a good ridd oot before the next lucky campers get their shot. 

10 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Congratulations! You’ve been allocated a Tuesday/Wednesday in February 2031. You pick it up in Wester Ross 3pm, please make sure it’s back in Uddingston for 11am the following morning for the wee wifey to give it a good ridd oot before the next lucky campers get their shot. 

Is it no in Dunfermline anymore?! I’m out then.

Even if you accept that they bought a motorhome legitimately (with the requisite party approvals and appropriate funding). The line that it was to be a battle bus during covid is pretty thin. Why did they opt to buy it instead of rent it? Given it has had zero use by the party, the decision to buy it looks like utter incompetence. Even more so when you consider the party's financial issues. 

wtf GIF

Bizarre doesn't even cover it.

41 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Even if you accept that they bought a motorhome legitimately (with the requisite party approvals and appropriate funding). The line that it was to be a battle bus during covid is pretty thin. Why did they opt to buy it instead of rent it? Given it has had zero use by the party, the decision to buy it looks like utter incompetence. Even more so when you consider the party's financial issues. 

wtf GIF

Bizarre doesn't even cover it.

Buying instead of renting is not that bizarre.

The depreciation on a motorhome would be 10-15% after one year and around 30% after 3 years - we are talking about £1,000 a month.

The cost of hiring a similar motorhome would be £4000-£5000 a month.

If they intended to use it over a sustained period then buying would be more cost effective.

The real bizarre thing is choosing a motorhome in the first place (irrespective of buying or rentng) - it's almost as if they thought lockdown was going to be indefinite.

14 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The depreciation on a motorhome would be 10-15% after one year and around 30% after 3 years - we are talking about £1,000 a month.

If they intended to use it over a sustained period then buying would be more cost effective.

The real bizarre thing is choosing a motorhome in the first place (irrespective of buying or rentng) - it's almost as if they thought lockdown was going to be indefinite.

Whilst utterly valid, the central point stands. 

Why did a political party buy a motor home, and apparently gift it to the chief executive's mum? 

57 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Whilst utterly valid, the central point stands. 

Why did a political party buy a motor home, and apparently gift it to the chief executive's mum? 

I would really like to see that question answered before I would vote SNP again.

Eta...  Plus all the other unanswered questions.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

52 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

f**k off. Arrant nonsense.

Money is always (unless, it seems, your are in charge of snp finances) a scarce resource. The caravan was (they say) bought for an election campaign tactic (that no-one else - even within the party - knew about) yet you already want to run its’ monetary usefulness for the party over three (THREE!) years??!? 

In your heid, was the Murrell’s’ grand plan to get maybe 10 years election campaigning from doing zero miles on a Dunfermline driveway, secure #Indy, and then they could disappear into the Kintyre sunset on an already 100% depreciated asset? 

On 25/04/2023 at 13:54, Thane of Cawdor said:

I see @The_Kincardine has escaped the "surly bonds" of Pie & Bovril to take a place on a bigger stage.  Or, at least, his Ayrshire doppelganger is reciting his arguments/assertions.

.https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/apr/24/there-is-no-convincing-case-for-scottish-independence

There is no legal case. The UK is a unitary state formed with the agreement of all parties in the Act of Union and its legal status has never been challenged.  

Well-written and sane letter from Alex.  Thanks for posting