Nicola Sturgeon Arrested, Peter Murrell Charged

Lex

1 minute ago, bennett said:

I wonder if she's taken any selfies with the arresting officers...

They've got Archie Pepper doing the forensic accounting. Not sure he would have been the arresting officer though, he's more back office.

p07wzt07.jpg.ed5c465cf0b1091a2f4a9f3af6000e5a.jpg

On 20/04/2023 at 18:34, Stephen Malkmus said:

If you're a Unionist-minded official you're going to arrest the husband first to provide the initial jolt to the media and public, wait until things are dying down a little before arresting someone else to keep the story going, then a couple of weeks later you'll arrest the big fish. Impact maximised and as much damage inflicted as possible regardless of whether charges follow later on.

The above post was brought to you by The Malkmus Guarantee.

• Lex changed the title to Nicola Sturgeon and Peter Murrell Arrested

Yeah no surprise that Oor Nic has been taken to the jail, poor lass. A wee night in the cells might do her some good, reflect on where it all went wrong. 
Did she manage to get rid of all the evidence before they raided her house? We’ll soon find out.

Least she passed her theory test first. 

1 hour ago, Lex said:

Yeah no surprise that Oor Nic has been taken to the jail, poor lass. A wee night in the cells might do her some good, reflect on where it all went wrong. 
Did she manage to get rid of all the evidence before they raided her house? We’ll soon find out.

IMG_5748.webp

1 hour ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

The Sturgeon cultists are back at the whataboutery and pointing fingers at Michelle Mone.

If Sturgeon has committed a crime, she will be charged.

Mone and her husband? I am less sure of how that will go.

2 hours ago, Lex said:

1 Police Station,

2 Released without charge

3 Prearranged interview

Apart from that, your post was pretty much bang on the money................

1 hour ago, lichtgilphead said:

Released without charge

Quelle surprise!

I don't think anybody is surprised she's been released without charge at this point. The surprise was she actually got arrested in the first place or were you already certain that would happen? 

1 minute ago, RuMoore said:

I don't think anybody is surprised she's been released without charge at this point. The surprise was she actually got arrested in the first place or were you already certain that would happen? 

Everyone seemed to assume she'd be brought in for questioning once her husband was, whether they were pleased by the idea or not. The only surprise is that it's taken this long to actually happen..

4 minutes ago, ScotiaNostra said:

Is there anyone left to arrest? Id think thats it now as thats everyone whos signed off the books. Whats the next step if anything?

We still don't know what the polis found in their garden; they may yet catch up with @WaffenThinMint.

2 hours ago, Lex said:

Really normal stuff this. 

1 minute ago, Jeff Venom said:

Really normal stuff this. 

There is absolutely nothing normal about the ex-FM being arrested by police investigating the party for financial wrongdoing while she led the party and her husband was the chief exec.  We really do need the **nothing to see here** meme but with the wording changed to "I cannot recall"

1 minute ago, strichener said:

There is absolutely nothing normal about the ex-FM being arrested by police investigating the party for financial wrongdoing while she led the party and her husband was the chief exec.  We really do need the **nothing to see here** meme but with the wording changed to "I cannot recall"

They're building a case and she was interviewed and released. Yes, it's f'd up and disappointing that the ex-FM is potentially corrupt. 

However, wanting people jailed to "reflect on where it all went wrong" based on nothing other than a dislike of that politician is pretty fashy. 

34 minutes ago, BTFD said:

Everyone seemed to assume she'd be brought in for questioning once her husband was, whether they were pleased by the idea or not. The only surprise is that it's taken this long to actually happen..

Yeah that's what I thought would happen too but I did see a fair amount of people, maybe not on here, acting like the idea this would happen was some made up Yoon fantasy. 

I'd imagine we'll not hear anything either way for a month or so...