The Bairns Vs The Wee Guys

19 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

I think Falkirk are probably the most improved team in the league. Albeit, you could have played a border collie upfront and that would’ve improved the squad quite considerably but the point still stands. 

I also think that we have improved though and seem to have found a proper starting 11. It’s games like these however that I question the physicality of McMaster and co. Very tidy players but lack the physical side of the game.

I think it’ll be a 1-2 away win.

Guess that's what happens when a team chucks more money at it than rest of the league combined in a last chance saloon.

27 minutes ago, Diamonds02 said:

For me this is a must win, we saw last year against montrose how important it is to have the 2nd leg at home.

Equally the final showed that sometimes it doesn’t matter too much. I actually think I’d rather have Falkirk at home first, I’d fancy us more in that to take a win into the second leg in front of a massive but nervous crowd.

Went to the falkirk game last night. Theh looked decent first half although not sure how much can be attributed to montrose being rotten. Falkirk were terrible the second half but not sure how much that can be attributed to the terrible weather that ensued. 

kai kennedy looks good but, again, he was given the freedom of links park against Paul Watson so would hope we would be better than that. Two boys up front were poor. Burrell looked raw. Their subs didn’t look great either albeit this was tied in with the overall second performance. 

will be a tough game. Airdrie been on form but still think we struggle when the going gets tough. Falkirk can definitely be got at as don’t think their defence looked great againSt a montrose team who has no strikers. 

2-1 to one of the teams 

I’m really looking forward to this game. I think both teams are pretty evenly matched, with whoever is at their best very capable of hammering the other.

Am I right in thinking Falkirk have played a diamond in their last two games? I think both teams are strong in using width in attack, with Morrison and Kennedy for Falkirk and McGill and Smith for Airdrie being very good at fine pockets of space to run into and cause problems. We played a diamond in the last game against Falkirk and looked excellent while on top but incredibly exposed as soon as Falkirk realised there was lots of space for Rowe and McCann to drive into. I wonder if we could see the reverse on Saturday on what is a pretty big pitch.

It’s another big test for this Airdrie team. They were excellent at Alloa in similar circumstances a few weeks ago and defended well against Montrose last week too. A solid defensive performances and no calamitous mistakes would go a long way to giving me confidence ahead of the likely play-off encounter between the league’s two biggest bottlers. 

56 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Would definitely take a draw in this one, feel we may not be fully at it due to being 5 clear. Don't think this game will be a good gauge for the playoffs

Whilst I don't think it'll be a gauge for the playoffs it would be good psychologically to put an end to their good run of form. Also would be good to put a bit of pressure on them as if Alloa also win on Saturday away to Kelty they'd only be 1 point behind Airdrie with 3 tough games to go. 

Want there to be skin in the game come the last day of the season as otherwise teams will be able to rest players for the playoffs.

25 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Whilst I don't think it'll be a gauge for the playoffs it would be good psychologically to put an end to their good run of form. Also would be good to put a bit of pressure on them as if Alloa also win on Saturday away to Kelty they'd only be 1 point behind Airdrie with 3 tough games to go. 

Want there to be skin in the game come the last day of the season as otherwise teams will be able to rest players for the playoffs.

We don't have a big enough squad to have the luxury of resting players. 

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

In terms of the actual game, this is very much about maintaining or increasing the points difference over Alloa and QOTS. If that is the case at 4.45pm on Saturday then I'm happy irrespective of the actual result. 

Aye, that's about the size of it. Alloa likely to win their game at Kelty, but they've lost two back to back so, maybe not.

Narrow win last night means Falkirk have confirmed they will be in the playoffs and finally got themselves a win after stumbling about for the last wee while. Presumably they'll have some confidence back. 

Both sides seem to try and start fast, so could be a bit of an erratic opening to the game. Might feel like a playoff dress rehearsal, but we're not quite there yet, so taking nothing for granted. 

Playoffs not technically wrapped up for us yet which means it's brilliant if we get three points, but especially brilliant if that coincides with QOS losing. If they and Alloa want to drop points in any event, that'd be fine and dandy. The first of a tough run of fixtures to finish up, but couldn't ask for much better form going into them. The players will rightly fancy themselves to create chances and if we're ruthless with the chances we do create, we'll win. 

Assuming we'll stick with the same side to start with, so another test for the young midfield but the back five have been solid of late; hopefully that continues. Big Josh missed the other three fixtures, which is an oddity. 

Just now, bairn88 said:

No surprise that dropping telfer has coincided with Airdrie rediscovering their form of last season 

Telfer has been fine this season to be fair. He puts in more of a shift than I expected and was one of our best players across November to January. He really struggled after missing the penalty in the last game between us and was abysmal at Queens the week after but he’s been better than I expected. We’re a better without him as we’re more suited to playing high energy in midfield but he did well coming on last week when we needed a bit more calmness and control in midfield.

Airdrie were pretty poor in the last two games against us but seem to have hit top form at the right time.

Like us a bit of an up and down season overall, though some of that can be attributed to injures and a small squad, whereas we have just been consistently inconsistent. 

For me they will be our biggest challenge in the play offs, whichever of us gets through to the final will have little trouble dealing with Hamilton/ Edinburgh/ Alloa/ QotS over two legs 

I'd definitely start the same team for Saturday. I think having a bench with Telfer, Stanway, McGregor and McCabe makes us a stronger team. If we're under any sort of pressure or the opposition are getting the better of us, I'd rather turn to a strong bench rather than McMaster and Devenny.

1 hour ago, AndyDD said:

Aye, that's about the size of it. Alloa likely to win their game at Kelty, but they've lost two back to back so, maybe not.

Narrow win last night means Falkirk have confirmed they will be in the playoffs and finally got themselves a win after stumbling about for the last wee while. Presumably they'll have some confidence back. 

Both sides seem to try and start fast, so could be a bit of an erratic opening to the game. Might feel like a playoff dress rehearsal, but we're not quite there yet, so taking nothing for granted. 

Playoffs not technically wrapped up for us yet which means it's brilliant if we get three points, but especially brilliant if that coincides with QOS losing. If they and Alloa want to drop points in any event, that'd be fine and dandy. The first of a tough run of fixtures to finish up, but couldn't ask for much better form going into them. The players will rightly fancy themselves to create chances and if we're ruthless with the chances we do create, we'll win. 

Assuming we'll stick with the same side to start with, so another test for the young midfield but the back five have been solid of late; hopefully that continues. Big Josh missed the other three fixtures, which is an oddity. 

Aye, us as well.