The Bairns Vs The Wee Guys

19 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Don't know what's more torturous, the stream or the commentary but it's taking my focus away from the game.

My ears are bleeding, surely someone else can do the Falkirk commentary, by a country mile the worst I've heard!

Weirdly reassured by that.

Played the first half like a training game and Airdrie offered nothing.

We forgot to come out for the second half and it still took us to gift them a Keystone Kops penalty for them to scrape a draw despite them apparently being an irresistible goal machine.

In all seriousness we are our own biggest threat with the ten minutes of madness that we seem to be throwing into every game.

10 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Weirdly reassured by that.

Played the first half like a training game and Airdrie offered nothing.

We forgot to come out for the second half and it still took us to gift them a Keystone Kops penalty for them to scrape a draw despite them apparently being an irresistible goal machine.

In all seriousness we are our own biggest threat with the ten minutes of madness that we seem to be throwing into every game.

Right who had this incredibly convoluted effort on the now weekly "Falkirk poor result excuses" bingo card.

Edited by cb_diamond

2 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Right who had this incredibly convoluted effort on the now weekly "Falkirk poor result excuses" bingo card.

It was a poor result for Airdrie if you want to get second. 

Hope the Form Guide Champions weren't hanging off for a result today before finalising the DVD....

In all seriousness, I'm not fully sure what we learned today. Their second half was better than our first but it's correct to say they still somewhat needed their lead handed to them. Thats not something that we can or should rely on tbh. I think both teams look very different in the playoffs but we NEED to sort out the brain farts at the back or they will beat us next time. 

6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

It was a poor result for Airdrie if you want to get second. 

A poor attempt to redeem yourself after your earlier word spaghetti. You're like Wind Chime Jimmy if he was ordered from wish com 

That isnt a compliment just in case you get all confused again

Edited by cb_diamond

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Hope the Form Guide Champions weren't hanging off for a result today before finalising the DVD....

In all seriousness, I'm not fully sure what we learned today. Their second half was better than our first but it's correct to say they still somewhat needed their lead handed to them. Thats not something that we can or should rely on tbh. I think both teams look very different in the playoffs but we NEED to sort out the brain farts at the back or they will beat us next time. 

I’ve almost conceded that we’re going to give away a gift (probably two) a game with this side now in the upcoming big games. I doubt McGlynn can do much about it. I think we’re going to just have to try and out score teams.

1 minute ago, DiamondT said:

Probably 2 points dropped in the end but take a draw as we only showed up for 20 minutes today. Really off it 1st half and deserved to go in 1 down but showed more in 2nd half of how easily we can cut the Falkirk defense apart if we play our game, Zero to fear against this mob in playoffs and still undefeated in Grangemouth. Happy days ♦️

FB_IMG_1681504267898.jpg

Yeah, certainly no issues for yous today..... No siree

2 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

At least you recognise that failure to best Airdrie is a poor result.

A team failing to beat a team lower than them in the league, yet again and throwing away a winning position, yet again in the process? What else would you call it?

I look forward to next weeks excuse when you invariably chuck away a promising position as has been the fashion recently. Will the sun be too hot but only for Falkirk, will a slight breeze be an advantage for the other team. Will the linesman look at McGlynn's t rex arms just before Falkirk implode after 55 minutes, therefore proving an SPFL conspiracy? 

Place your bets now

1 minute ago, cb_diamond said:

A team failing to beat a team lower than them in the league, yet again and throwing away a winning position, yet again in the process? What else would you call it?

I look forward to next weeks excuse when you invariably chuck away a promising position as has been the fashion recently. Will the sun be too hot but only for Falkirk, will a slight breeze be an advantage for the other team. Will the linesman look at McGlynn's t rex arms just before Falkirk implode after 55 minutes, therefore proving an SPFL conspiracy? 

Place your bets now

Hands up everyone who threw away a winning position today.....

Disappointing in the end as we failed to secure our play off position especially as we looked comfortable towards the end. Cammy B totally destroyed Morrison all game but Kennedy is a problem even though he's a little cheating diving cant. 

Rhys needs to find a way of playing himself as without doubt he should be in our best 11.

A draw probably a fair result in the end. I think both teams should look at that as two points dropped but ultimately the four games have shown the teams are pretty evenly matched and it’s just a case of who is on their game more.

We were miles off it first half, everything was very slow and nowhere near our usual tempo. Falkirk did well to stop us building from the back and dominated midfield but they didn’t create too many clear chances outside of the goal. 

We looked a different team second half, playing more of our usual style and for a 10-15 minute spell Falkirk couldn’t handle our movement and tempo. Frizzell in particular was fantastic, probably his best game since his pre-injury form at the start of the season. It was a shame to concede at the end, as I didn’t see it coming, but not too fussed overall. I’d rather finish 3rd and have Falkirk at home first, or 4th and play the Championship team, but the main outcome of today was ensuring our play-off spot and barring a disaster that looks very likely now.

Would've taken a point at half 2 today and a draw probably a fair result over the piece. It's also beyond cringeworthy how obsessed some of our support are with Falkrik, let's just get on with supporting our own team because they're going to need it.

Falkirk the much better team in the first half, we were too slow trying to build from the back and they forced us to go long, definitely miles off it. Every goal we concede tends to come from us making a school boy error, McMaster letting the ball bounce on the half way line caused that first goal.

What a difference in the second half though, the movement especially from Frizzell was excellent. I can't believe we actually scored a penalty. Gutted at conceding an 89th minute goal as it would've secured us in the play offs but on the whole a decent result for us considering QOS lost, 8 point gap between us and 5th which puts us in a great position so can't complain too much. I don't think there's that much of a gap between us and Falkirk in all honesty. 

Edited by David Fernández

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

So we were gifted our lead today whereas Falkirk got their goals through scintillating incisive football, is that what you're saying? Because from what I saw an individual error let the Falkirk player in for the shot on goal at the first and some comedy defending/goalkeeping allowed the second. I'm more than happy to be corrected on the second however given that it was at the opposite end to us.

2 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

So we were gifted our lead today whereas Falkirk got their goals through scintillating incisive football, is that what you're saying? Because from what I saw an individual error let the Falkirk player in for the shot on goal at the first and some comedy defending/goalkeeping allowed the second. I'm more than happy to be corrected on the second however given that it was at the opposite end to us.

I'd have said our first goal came from excellent forward play by Gary Oliver and a good strong run from Morrison, before an element of luck in the ball breaking to Kennedy. The second was just a powerful winner by Henderson and Burrell being bang in the right place for me. 

Doesn't really matter though. The defending to give thay penalty away was as bad as youl ever see and whilst you will never complain for being on the receiving end of that, the key point is that it was within our gift for that NOT to happen. Neither goals you conceded were so blatantly of your own catastrophic making, so Apples and Oranges really.