Motherwell v Dundee Utd 15 April

Thursday afternoon and no match thread yet 🤷‍♂️.

Really looking forward to this game. Hope I am not jinxing it but think it could be a high scoring and exciting game. Van Veen to get his usual minimum 2 goals hopefully. Hopefully former Arab Butcher is fit enough to play. A narrow home win or high scoring draw. 

Saw references on social media that United ticket sales were going well ? So hopefully a decent crowd and atmosphere. 

Us 'Well fans are still trying to come to terms with looking forward to matches with optimism, rather than overwhelming feelings of existential dread.

It's all very odd

I still can't quite shift the feeling we'll make a complete balls of it on Saturday, somehow, though 😂

2 hours ago, Gibby82 said:

Always liked Motherwell. Geez a nil-nil lads. Please.

Born after 1991 aye?

Hoping GW32 isn't when your "strong team-on-paper" finally live up to it.

We're looking tasty going forward and 4th in form in the league of late. Goodwin does not like tasty teams going forward so I'd expect a bus parking and hope to get us on the break.

Our wheels will come off eventually but it'll probably be at Parkhead next weekend than on Saturday.

Butcher to have flaring nostrils at someone if he plays.

Tighter than expected, 2-1. Unless you get an early goal and go 6 at the back for the remainder which is in Jim's playbook.

Like many Motherwell fans I find the position of being favourites in a game like this odd - if we've played well for a while that makes it all the more likely we're due a stinker, right?

I wouldn't be too upset with a draw. A shame to end our top six charge ofc but another nudge towards safety will do me fine.

13 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

Born after 1991 aye?

Nah, after watching this gang all season 1991 is like a halcyon era regardless of the result. I'd probably have 59 year old Dave Bowman ahead of Harkes tbh.

Rangers '08 is about the only one (of many) cup final defeats that still stings a bit.

16 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Nah, after watching this gang all season 1991 is like a halcyon era regardless of the result. I'd probably have 59 year old Dave Bowman ahead of Harkes tbh.

Rangers '08 is about the only one (of many) cup final defeats that still stings a bit.

FFS why did you remind me of 08.

Honestly think this has the makings of a cracking game. Utd desperate for points in their quest for survival, and us looking to cement our place yet again as the best provincial club in the country.

Would obviously love a handsome victory, but would be far from heartbroken with a draw and another point towards arithmetic safety.

2-2. 

When everyone was panicking about Livi beating us last week - the smart money was always on this game being the one where the good things end. I would be very pleasantly surprised if we get 3 points here (although if we score early like we did last week, i could see a repeat).

Kind of a rinse and repeat of my post last week vs Livi and echoing other posters in that, irrationally, it feels unlikely that we'll keep this run of form going so we're bound to come unstuck at some point.

It wouldn't be a massive surprise if this was when it happened - only losing 1 in 8 with a win rate of 75% seems like an entirely un-Motherwell thing to do.

That said, you'd hope that United beating Hibs last week would serve as a reminder and make complacency less of an issue as it's felt over the past few years that we've always tended to f**k things up against teams at the bottom of the league - managing to lose 4-1 to Accies at FP and 4-1 to Killie at Rugby Park in the Covid season spring to mind.

16 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Repeat incoming. There are a lot of similarities*

* same clubs, same stadium and same kick off time

Zaine Francis-Angol looks like he's actively dribbling towards his own goal for your 2nd 😂

We took a few doings from United that season which were probably not contributors to finishing second with a very poor goal difference.

On the other hand, that United team should've achieved more than it did.