Ayr v QP

1 hour ago, Buckfast said:

It so happens his father played for Kilmarnock, he should be nowhere near Ayr games! That's the SFA for you.

I wrote to them before the semi final game that he refereed against the scum, reply was that referees are impartial, aye right! That fucker hates us.

😂😂😂 Thank you for proving my point.

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

What was wrong with the penalty in the first game exactly :lol:

I believe the rule is something like if a player kicks the ball off his own hand/arm it's not supposed to be called as handball? I'm sure it's something like that. FWIW it was that bad from Fox that at the time I had no complaints about it.

I certainly am not as bothered by that decision as I am the Eze disallowed goal vs Morton. I'm still not going to fucking write to the SFA though, unhinged behaviour.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Even if he is impartial it’s a massive conflict for him to be in charge of any Ayr or Kilmarnock game. I’m sure Steve Clarke called him out as letting it affect his performance which led to his DKB father stepping down from being a club ambassador. 

His brother also played for Rangers, Motherwell, Falkirk, Dundee United, Ross County, Hibs, Dumbarton, Morton and Clyde, so he'd be running out of teams he was allowed to referee.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

His brother also played for Rangers, Motherwell, Falkirk, Dundee United, Ross County, Hibs, Dumbarton, Morton and Clyde, so he'd be running out of teams he was allowed to referee.

Don’t be a referee then. To be fair his brother is a journeyman footballer who will have very little allegiance to any of those teams. He certainly shouldn’t be allowed to be referee in a game his brother is taking part in. His Dad is up there will having the most appearances for Kilmarnock and is also part of the hall of fame and as I said, until a few years ago was an ambassador for the club. I think there’s a bit of a difference there. 

I know it’s harder in Scotland as the vast majority of referees will have allegiances to the same club mostly through supporting them but I don’t see how it’s right that you should be in charge of a game where there is a chance of being associated with one of the club. 

FWIW I’m not calling him biased. I don’t think any referee in this country is actively biased towards one side. I think the OF get a lot of decisions through referees being intimidated.

In McLeans case it could affect the outcome of an Ayr game or a Killie game. Not through trying disadvantage a team but because of the fact that they are also human and it will play on their mind that there’s a talking point there should something happen. 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Don’t be a referee then. To be fair his brother is a journeyman footballer who will have very little allegiance to any of those teams. He certainly shouldn’t be allowed to be referee in a game his brother is taking part in. His Dad is up there will having the most appearances for Kilmarnock and is also part of the hall of fame and as I said, until a few years ago was an ambassador for the club. I think there’s a bit of a difference there. 

I know it’s harder in Scotland as the vast majority of referees will have allegiances to the same club mostly through supporting them but I don’t see how it’s right that you should be in charge of a game where there is a chance of being associated with one of the club. 

FWIW I’m not calling him biased. I don’t think any referee in this country is actively biased towards one side. I think the OF get a lot of decisions through referees being intimidated.

In McLeans case it could affect the outcome of an Ayr game or a Killie game. Not through trying disadvantage a team but because of the fact that they are also human and it will play on their mind that there’s a talking point there should something happen. 

Unconscious bias 

Guy is a complete hoodoo for us as the stats clearly show

3 hours ago, rb123! said:

Hoping for a big crowd and good atmosphere but struggling to see it.

Losing at Falkirk has absolutely screwed us over with the fan base for the remainder of this season IMO

Every home game certainly since has been silent, a serious question is this some form of silent protest by the Regazzi? Or are they the ones have just chucked it after Falkirk debarcle

It's gonna be a nice sunny day and possibly the last time I ever see the North Terracing so I'm gonna be cans in the garden then in the Hub for opening time and probably pretty gassed by kick off.  So you'll definitely hear me.  Whether it's being a happy clapper or standing up with my arms wide in the air asking McAleer "what the f**k was that?" (Slightly embarrassed flashback from Firhill when sobered up) remains to be seen. 

28 minutes ago, Dave said:

😂😂😂 Thank you for proving my point.

I believe the rule is something like if a player kicks the ball off his own hand/arm it's not supposed to be called as handball? I'm sure it's something like that. FWIW it was that bad from Fox that at the time I had no complaints about it.

I certainly am not as bothered by that decision as I am the Eze disallowed goal vs Morton. I'm still not going to fucking write to the SFA though, unhinged behaviour.

Aw aye, I think that's a real hard one for referees and assistants at our level tbf to them.  I presume the law was thought up with VAR in mind 

15 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Of course there is, he’s just being obtuse for the sake of it.

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Aw aye, I think that's a real hard one for referees and assistants at our level tbf to them.  I presume the law was thought up with VAR in mind 

They’re being tweaked every season to try make things more matter of fact for the sake of VAR.

Which is absolutely nuts considering only a tiny fraction of games every weekend will use VAR.

Don't generally buy into the referees are out to get us stuff but with McLean it's so clear and obvious every time he's the ref.  It's never big calls it's a plethora of breaking up our play with every 50/50 decision going the other way. 

He is a cheat and referees our matches unfairly.  

31 minutes ago, Hursty said:

It's gonna be a nice sunny day and possibly the last time I ever see the North Terracing so I'm gonna be cans in the garden then in the Hub for opening time and probably pretty gassed by kick off.  So you'll definitely hear me.  Whether it's being a happy clapper or standing up with my arms wide in the air asking McAleer "what the f**k was that?" (Slightly embarrassed flashback from Firhill when sobered up) remains to be seen. 

Excellent you can provide the entertainment if the football is shite.

33 minutes ago, Hursty said:

13 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Don't generally buy into the referees are out to get us stuff but with McLean it's so clear and obvious every time he's the ref.  It's never big calls it's a plethora of breaking up our play with every 50/50 decision going the other way. 

Exactly that, the last game there was a QP player giving it the dying fly routine when we had a good spell (our only fucking spell in the game). The stoppage went on and on and on. Probably about 5 mins. Absolutely killed the momentum. Then he allowed the dabber to trudge off the long way despite the rule saying you leave the pitch by the nearest side. He's a cheat, plain and simple. 

McLean is just an utter shite ref. Possibly the shittest of the drizzling shits.

To help stoke the Ayr fan fury - here's a link to him giving a game winning penalty against us for Kilmarnock (and this was ultimately the game that led to McCann losing his job):

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/furious-neil-mccann-takes-aim-13376234

No bias involved though. He's gave plenty of shite decisions against us, not just against Killie.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Careful now. You're almost suggesting that stopping footballers from betting on games that they were directly affected by is unworkable.

11 hours ago, itzdrk said:

He hates Ayr so much that he will let them win tomorrow night.  They will start to believe that they'll make the playoffs then crash and burn in their next 2 games. It's the hope that kills.

12 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

SFA deemed it ball to hand and too close to avoid. IMHO the second goal had you guys all noisy and the ref went with your shout. Best 12th man in the league.

Stop there before you get some of our lot wanking themselves into a Falkirk style crowd frenzy.