St Johnstone's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be St Johnstone's next permanent manager?  

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

He allegedly turned Aberdeen down (having been initially interested) to take on Portsmouth when we appointed Glass. 

Not a chance he’d be interested in St Johnstone. 

He might be since their not sheep shagging b*****ds

7 hours ago, The Saintee said:

This is just the kind of exciting project Brendan Rodgers would be interested in.

It might be a problem having to face his beloved Celtic though?

I look forward to hearing tales of Dundee/ United fans knocking on his window while stuck in traffic on the A90 to tell him he’s a breath of fresh air to Tayside football.

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

When he was on Reporting Scotland earlier, Allan Preston said it should be Tommy Wright.

I presume Wright is a client of Preston's agency

Pondering the exact same: whilst praying that he might actually be a target.

7 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Not all of us.

I'd imagine the majority are though. Even if just short term. Not out of some form of nostalgia, but pretty sure if I was a slacking player, I'd not want Macca and Wright both snarling at me. Cannot think of anyone with a good enough knowledge of the league or the club thst could come in short term and hit the ground running.

A good portion of the squad would be well known to him. 

I'm not convinced Macca until the end of the season would be materially better than Davidson so it needs something different  

Edited by Theyellowbox

1 minute ago, Theyellowbox said:

I'm not convinced Macca until the ebd of the season would be materially better than Davidson so it needs something different  

This. We need an actual manager in, as we arent out the woods and need to win some of our remaining 6 games.

Handing an absolute novice with little coaching experience and who was a major part of the previous failed regime feels like it would effectively be suicide.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

This. We need an actual manager in, as we arent out the woods and need to win some of our remaining 6 games.

Handing an absolute novice with little coaching experience and who was a major part of the previous failed regime feels like it would effectively be suicide.

Hoping that there is some clarity after tonight's fans night thing as to whether the club is planning on bringing someone in short term. I get not appointing a permanent manager, but there will be plenty willing to take the chance on the 6 games.

1 hour ago, Theyellowbox said:

Hoping that there is some clarity after tonight's fans night thing as to whether the club is planning on bringing someone in short term. I get not appointing a permanent manager, but there will be plenty willing to take the chance on the 6 games.

Didn’t go into too much detail but sounded to me as if the plan is to get somebody else, although it won’t be before Saturday 

13 minutes ago, Zing. said:

That Anon Jim McIntyre shout was definitely from Jim McIntyre. My favourite of the bunch but Big Sam is a close second.

It was the Robbie Neilson shouts I was referring to... 😅

48 minutes ago, Zing. said:

That Anon Jim McIntyre shout was definitely from Jim McIntyre. 

This is 100% the case. He is a great motivator and if he was still at Cove they’d not be relegated is an excellent line.