St Johnstone's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be St Johnstone's next permanent manager?  

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That's the problem with sacking your manager, it's the rigmarole afterwards with all sorts of names being touted in the media by their pals.

The bookies list never looks appealing either. 

I mean McLean could get a win this weekend and ease the pressure severely. Lose and other results go against yous, would it be the case of get an 'experienced head' pronto. Would Gus himself step in? Or would he has been put in instead of McLean if that was ever going to happen. 

7 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Loose and other results go against yous, would it be the case of get an 'experienced head' pronto. Would Gus himself step in? Or would he has been put in instead of McLean if that was ever going to happen. 

He’s said a couple of times, including last night, he’s no real interest in returning to that side of football, so I’d be surprised. You never know though 

8 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

That's the problem with sacking your manager, it's the rigmarole afterwards with all sorts of names being touted in the media by their pals.

The bookies list never looks appealing either. 

I mean McLean could get a win this weekend and ease the pressure severely. Lose and other results go against yous, would it be the case of get an 'experienced head' pronto. Would Gus himself step in? Or would he has been put in instead of McLean if that was ever going to happen. 

There was a fans' forum meeting last night where it was said that McLean would be in charge on Saturday and then the club would use the two week break to look at the manager situation so it looks like they will be appointing someone. Whether that's on a permanent or interim basis I've no idea.

Given the turnover of managers a year perhaps someone could make money starting a temporary managers agency, like they have supply teachers and locum doctors

"Hello, Rent-a-coach? Ah, Good Evening St Johnstone, yes it's a bit tricky getting free staff this time of year. I mean if it was August, Squire, no problem..  Uh huh, a bit desperate eh? Yes. I've got a Yogi .. Hello? Hello....?"

Click. Brrr....

37 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

John Hughes brands Hibs director of football snub 'disrespectful' as former boss names 3 jobs he missed out on - Daily Record

You just know he was straight on the phone to St Johnstone as soon as Davidson was sacked :D 

The levels of entitlement are off the chart. I like that he repeats that nobody got back to him, before admitting that he had had responses saying 'thanks for applying'.

Does he think this stuff will endear him to potential employers?

They spoke openly about wanting a young, fresh, coach in the open meeting, judging by the minutes. 

I dont think a "round the block" failure whos been relegating teams in the tier below is going to be their solution. 

Hughes' extremely unedifying begging for jobs would at least be understandable if it was a few years ago and he was still fresh from the Inverness job.

y.png.9dd196dfc26781af670a3d43ac1f8ee1.png

He's relegated most of Fife. Ross County have money and would have been in a weird covid flux. What's he actually done in the past seven years that merits... any attention at all? Never mind Aberdeen or Motherwell or St. Johnstone or any actual established top flight sides? At what point does actual self-reflection and recognition come in that he's being rejected for a reason?

Hughes doesn't get enough attention for what he did to Raith. We had absolutely no right to stay up in 2017 but their drop-off was incredible. Surely as bad as Hibs under Butcher, if not worse.

That spell alone should have ended his management career.

19 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Hughes doesn't get enough attention for what he did to Raith. We had absolutely no right to stay up in 2017 but their drop-off was incredible. Surely as bad as Hibs under Butcher, if not worse.

That spell alone should have ended his management career.

Remember the Great Escape graphic?

Great Escape? The were fucking top of the league at one stage.

image.png.1d17cfd5a5f8a09b7683fe1d3f9f01ce.png

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Ayrfix said:

David Hopkin  is still available. If you want to watch shite football AND getting relegated. 

As the years go on, it really does become more and more apparent that he's been gifted a career by David Martindale :D