Falkirk v Edinburgh Flux

23 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I wouldn't get rid. But he absolutely has to get it right this summer / next season

For me, there is zero confidence that he will get it right. What we are watching is a replica of one of his rotten Raith Rovers sides, and he will simply build another version of it next season.

Seven games lost in L1. With the resources at his disposal, that’s poor. Really poor.

Just now, gav-ffc said:

More concerned about the fall off with Steven McGinn than anything. That hampden pitch could finish him off.

He looks absolutely fucked from the first off in games now. Looks like the summer rest can’t come quick enough for him. He is one for me that should have been getting rested plenty recently. I still like him but I just think the poor guys knackered.

40 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Has it maybe occurred to you that other teams watch us and figure out our tactics, and thus a change in tactics is required?

Dunfermline have played the same way all season and have won the league at a canter  mainly due to having better players than anyone else. Weve beaten Edinburgh comfortably 3 times this season playing the same way. We have far better players than them and that really should be enough at this level. The players seem happy to down tools till the cup semi and playoffs which is nowhere near good enough. Mcglynn isn't blameless. Bringing back Williamson and mcguffie was a stupid idea and burrell up front on his own never seems to bring out the best in him but we should've had more than enough to get a result still and certainly not lose. 

8 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Dunfermline have played the same way all season and have won the league at a canter  mainly due to having better players than anyone else. Weve beaten Edinburgh comfortably 3 times this season playing the same way. We have far better players than them and that really should be enough at this level. The players seem happy to down tools till the cup semi and playoffs which is nowhere near good enough. Mcglynn isn't blameless. Bringing back Williamson and mcguffie was a stupid idea and burrell up front on his own never seems to bring out the best in him but we should've had more than enough to get a result still and certainly not lose. 

Williamson was one of our better players this evening imo

5 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Dunfermline haven't played the same way all season though.

The vast majority of your sides appearances are by around the same ten players. You then have others that have played here or there. Theres not been a lot of wholesale changes.

1 minute ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I actually like Williamson and think some of the stick he takes on here for being injury prone is very poor, but he shouldn't be starting the game tonight out of the blue. 

He's signed a pre contract with Montrose so why is he getting a game before the likes of yeats who will be here next season.  

9 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I actually like Williamson and think some of the stick he takes on here for being injury prone is very poor, but he shouldn't be starting the game tonight out of the blue. 

Williamson is here till the end of the season so for me it makes sense to use him when appropriate. Rowe has dropped off in form recently so makes sense to bench him for a game.

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

FC Edinburgh are a minter. Parking the bus in a game that’s a dead rubber from their perspective. Embarrassing. 

Falkirk are a minter.  Played a part time team that fielded 3 strikers and lost. From their perspective, embarrassing.

Perfect game to play two up front and give Oliver and Burrell the chance to get to know each other's game a bit more. Instead he plays Burrell on his own and fields 5 midfielders who were getting in each other's way at times. I said after about 10 minutes that if Oliver had started instead of McGuffie we'd have been in front. I thought we were at last going to see them together when Oliver came on, I couldn't fucking believe it when he took Burrell off instead. Absolutely disgraceful decision.  

I can understand him rotating players given the games that are approaching but I'm sure he'll play McGinn and Henderson together in the play-offs and semi so why the f**k play them both together tonight when there's a chance of injury or suspension?

I think he's starting to get the fear and he's doubting himself. I hope he's not or that he's now starting to lose the dressing room because, if he is, we're fucked. On this form Airdrie will brush us aside with little effort!

46 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

The vast majority of your sides appearances are by around the same ten players. You then have others that have played here or there. Theres not been a lot of wholesale changes.

So have we played the same way all season or played the same players all season.

Geez a shout when you've worked it out.

(Spoiler alert - it's neither)

30 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Perfect game to play two up front and give Oliver and Burrell the chance to get to know each other's game a bit more. Instead he plays Burrell on his own and fields 5 midfielders who were getting in each other's way at times. I said after about 10 minutes that if Oliver had started instead of McGuffie we'd have been in front. I thought we were at last going to see them together when Oliver came on, I couldn't fucking believe it when he took Burrell off instead. Absolutely disgraceful decision.  

I can understand him rotating players given the games that are approaching but I'm sure he'll play McGinn and Henderson together in the play-offs and semi so why the f**k play them both together tonight when there's a chance of injury or suspension?

I think he's starting to get the fear and he's doubting himself. I hope he's not or that he's now starting to lose the dressing room because, if he is, we're fucked. On this form Airdrie will brush us aside with little effort!

Having just watched his post match interview I think it's very much that. Looks a worried guy. 

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

The same 11 players can play in more than one formation and with different tactics, sorry to be the one to break it to you.

Would have thought you might have noticed as all 4 games against you have been pretty different.

6 minutes ago, 101 said:

The same 11 players can play in more than one formation and with different tactics, sorry to be the one to break it to you.

Would have thought you might have noticed as all 4 games against you have been pretty different.

On planet McGlynn? Not a chance.