How's your nerves? SMFC vs KFC 22/4/23

All in all a reasonable set of results and i think we'd all have accepted these outcomes at 1455h today. 

Kilmarnock always bring a good crowd to our place, it's a good away day at theirs and, the usual suspects aside on here, aare a good bunch of lads.

We weren't at the races today, looks like we're back down to earth with a bump and we need to look for an OF cup final and for us to get some points on the board and to finish as high up as possible. We've beaten Aberdeen for fun recently, no reason we can't do it again and takr points from the embra teams too. 

Good luck Killy, see you next season I hope. 

Firstly, well done to the Paisley Saints - well deserved given the season you've had.

Secondly, where has this Killie team been all season? Unrecognisable from the dross of last Sunday. Chambers, Power and Watson were all superb - there wasn't a bad man in a yellow jersey today. If we can show that kind of fight in the bottom six at RP and on the road, we'll have enough about us to stay up. I'm away to enjoy my night, and I hope all of you do too except for the lad who loves a dig at Killie and the absolute VL who doesn't seem to realise that football songs aren't mutually exclusive to one club.

5 minutes ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

All in all a reasonable set of results and i think we'd all have accepted these outcomes at 1455h today. 

Kilmarnock always bring a good crowd to our place, it's a good away day at theirs and, the usual suspects aside on here, aare a good bunch of lads.

We weren't at the races today, looks like we're back down to earth with a bump and we need to look for an OF cup final and for us to get some points on the board and to finish as high up as possible. We've beaten Aberdeen for fun recently, no reason we can't do it again and takr points from the embra teams too. 

Good luck Killy, see you next season I hope. 

I see the BBC are reporting today's crowd as 7937 - is that a record at GHR?

Edited by btb

1 hour ago, Torfason said:

I initially felt the same but it would send a terrible message to any club thinking of loaning players to us in the future and wouldn’t be well received by the dressing room.

The boy made a mistake and I’m sure will be fined appropriately but he probably needs an arm round his shoulder more than he needs punted.

He definitely doesn’t need punted, he looks a player. Only Robbo’ knows if he’s the type who needs a boot up the arse or a quiet word in the ear at Ralston. The boy is a good player, a big unit, fast, and has contributed. I still stand by my view that I have little time for the self-inflicted stupidity that saw him get an absolutely stupid red card though. There are so many things we cannot control in a game, so we sure as hell need to control ourselves.

The next time Small takes the field for us, I will give him my full support, but it would be interesting to see the reaction towards him, had results elsewhere not went our way. He’ll get away with today because of events elsewhere IMHO.

1 minute ago, Drooper said:

It was a very low bar.

Aye.

Hopefully thats our worst performance of the season out the way now, and we can now try for a European place. 

Whatever happens, its been a great season and something to build on.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We heard fireworks from St James after the game. Surely they weren't coming from the stadium?

Looked like they were going off down on the main road towards where Killie supporters buses were about 20 mins after full time. No idea who was setting them off or why but was nothing to do with St. Mirren 

Should have been a long night of celebrations but that game definitely took the shine off. 

Obviously delighted to be in the Top 6 but really disappointed that so many of our players couldn’t handle the pressure.  I’d say only Shaughnessy got pass marks today and everyone else was honking.  

I’ve thought for a while that Dunne is a liability and I’ll be delighted if he’s playing elsewhere next season. I’m sure he’s a lovely guy but his weekly brain farts are predictably consistent. 

Can only hope we have an experienced central defender and a couple of strikers lined up for our European run. 

3 hours ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

“Hello hello how do you do” that song over and over and not expect to be associated with Rangers?

Only a  idiot would suggest that. Still are and always will be living in Killies shadow.