UK emergency alert system test

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I'm hiding in the cupboard under the stairs until we get the all clear, shouldn't be too long hopefully.

Our local town councillor once shared a facebook appeal for local residents to search their 'cupboards under the stairs' for toys and games to donate to the local library. Except she referred to them as 'glory holes.' 

She got really upset when I suggested she googled the term. 

The librarian went up a few places in my estimation though.  

(Edit: oops, three 'locals' walked into a post....)

Edited by IncomingExile

1 hour ago, throbber said:

I was hoovering and didn’t even hear it. What an anti climax.

1 hour ago, Bert Raccoon said:

"Hoovering"

Aye, hoovering up drink.

1 hour ago, IncomingExile said:

Our local town councillor once shared a facebook appeal for local residents to search their 'cupboards under the stairs' for toys and games to donate to the local library. Except she referred to them as 'glory holes.' 

She got really upset when I suggested she googled the term. 

The librarian went up a few places in my estimation though.  

At a work night out an old wife asked what cocktails we were drinking as they looked nice. My mate sent her to the bar for a Golden Shower.

4 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Based on who did and didn't receive the message, it's safe to say some of us will be moved to Mars in order to preserve human life, while the rest of you will be singing "Clang Clang Clang Went the Trolley" with Rosie O'Donnell and Paulie Shore

I'll be on the Golgafrinchan B Ark while the rest of you get eaten by the Giant Mutant Star Goat 

1 hour ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

I didn't get the alert, but it was amusing hearing it on the phones of others in the restaurant.

Apparently lots of others didn't get it either.

So which ones have the Covid vaccine microchips inserted into their bodies?

The ones getting the alerts or those not?

😂 

It took 15/20 minutes to come through, seems like a complete waste of money. Anything that needs notified through the alert system presumably is more important than something occurring at over an hour's notice that it would take to get whoever it is to press send.

My bird watches too much tiktok and is getting a wee bit tinfoily. She's been moaning about this alert for a couple of weeks and how she'd turn it off in settings. The dozy cow then forgot and it went off while she was getting a tattoo.