Alloa Athletic V Falkirk FC

Will Fawkirk's head's be on Hampden ? will they be up for a physical battle ? not really anything to play for bar pride . 

Alloa need to win one more game , Will it be this one  I can imagine no falkirk player wants to risk injury ,

hoping this will play into our hands 

tough game in any case as usual .

Alloa will score the first goal. That's a certainty. 

We will being going through the motions pretty much. If I was McGlynn I'd go with your 11 your would pick next Saturday and tell them to prove they should be starting next week. If they don't respond to that then it puts their place in the team on the line.

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

Alloa will score the first goal. That's a certainty. 

We will being going through the motions pretty much. If I was McGlynn I'd go with your 11 your would pick next Saturday and tell them to prove they should be starting next week. If they don't respond to that then it puts their place in the team on the line.

yeah i get it but if they have a bad day are you putting out your reserves for  the semi ?

This is no dead rubber. Falkirk lose, Airdrie win, and 2nd spot is no longer in our hands.

In fact, with Dunfermline still to play both Airdrie and Alloa, it offers the Fifers the opportunity (for now) to apply one last twist of the knife to our season…….but will they go for it?

Edited by Duncan Freemason

I had this down as a "Falkirk rest their players for the cup semi" but the Edinburgh result puts a bit of pressure on in the approach to that game, particularly as Inverness look to be on good form. Edinburgh winning in midweek doesnt really change anything from our side.

From the outside looking in obviously, I dont think Falkirks drop off is as alarming as some of their supporters seem to be taking it- although of course time will tell on that. A dip in form was probably likely, when it became clear the league was out of reach, but play-offs were cemented and they have a cup semi to look forward to. They could win the semi final, and are favourites for the play-offs- win promotion and its still a brilliant season for them.

Regardless of Falkirks approach, we're capable of winning the game- even though we havent exactly been firing on all cylinders ourselves in recent games. After running Falkirk close a few times, it would be brilliant to seal the play-offs with a win on Saturday. Would also give us confidence going into play-offs too. But even if it doesnt happen, I think we'll have enough to get over the line in the last couple of of games.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

6 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

I had this down as a "Falkirk rest their players for the cup semi" but the Edinburgh result puts a bit of pressure on in the approach to that game, particularly as Inverness look to be on good form. Edinburgh winning in midweek doesnt really change anything from our side.

From the outside looking in obviously, I dont think Falkirks drop off is as alarming as some of their supporters seem to be taking it- although of course time will tell on that. A dip in form was probably likely, when it became clear the league was out of reach, but play-offs were cemented and they have a cup semi to look forward to. They could win the semi final, and are favourites for the play-offs- win promotion and its still a brilliant season for them.

Regardless of Falkirks approach, we're capable of winning the game- even though we havent exactly been firing on all cylinders ourselves in recent games. After running Falkirk close a few times, it would be brilliant to seal the play-offs with a win on Saturday. Would also give us confidence going into play-offs too. But even if it doesnt happen, I think we'll have enough to get over the line in the last couple of of games.

7 points from a possible 24, 1 win in 8 is absolutely shocking and definitely cause for worry. I predict a draw for this one but I think it'll be a let off for us. Just got to pray Airdrie lose.

26 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Just got to pray Airdrie lose.

I am very 'meh' now, don't think 2nd place will be of any real advantage football wise. Just all a bit scunnered. Which is mental considering we could get promoted and get to the Scottish cup final. Just lost my buzz. 

11 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I am very 'meh' now, don't think 2nd place will be of any real advantage football wise. Just all a bit scunnered. Which is mental considering we could get promoted and get to the Scottish cup final. Just lost my buzz. 

I think if we concede 2nd to airdrie then it would be a huge mental blow, so would really like to avoid it. Agreed on the second half though, a few weeks ago I would say it wouldve been crazy to have no optimism for a semi. But thats where im at

I honestly don't give much of a f**k about finishing second. To get promoted, you have to beat 2 teams over 4 matches. The who and when isn't really significant enough or able to be manipulated to the point where it is a huge concern. 

I'd prefer a bit of form, but we will wither go into the playoffs on the crest of a wave for a Cup Final (might come with similar issues as now?) Or licking our wounds with nothing else to focus on. 

No idea which one gives us better chance in the playoffs, but one way or the other, I don't think second is the be all and end all. 

My biggest issue really is the quality backing of the fans all season being treated to a period of pure half arsedness 

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I honestly don't give much of a f**k about finishing second. To get promoted, you have to beat 2 teams over 4 matches. The who and when isn't really significant enough or able to be manipulated to the point where it is a huge concern. 

I'd prefer a bit of form, but we will wither go into the playoffs on the crest of a wave for a Cup Final (might come with similar issues as now?) Or licking our wounds with nothing else to focus on. 

No idea which one gives us better chance in the playoffs, but one way or the other, I don't think second is the be all and end all. 

My biggest issue really is the quality backing of the fans all season being treated to a period of pure half arsedness 

I think there's a big argument to suggest that finishing 3rd would be better.

If we're second and Airdrie 3rd then we go there first. If we manage to get a win or draw then the usual big game expectation of a win would be there for the 2nd leg and we all know what usually happens when that's the case. On the other hand, if they come to us first and they manage a result, then we'll not be expected to win at their place, just the kind of scenario that could see us triumph. 

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I think there's a big argument to suggest that finishing 3rd would be better.

If we're second and Airdrie 3rd then we go there first. If we manage to get a win or draw then the usual big game expectation of a win would be there for the 2nd leg and we all know what usually happens when that's the case. On the other hand, if they come to us first and they manage a result, then we'll not be expected to win at their place, just the kind of scenario that could see us triumph. 

Yeah, that's what I mean you can chop it up any way you want, but for me I'd not really accept any scenario that end up transpiring as an excuse not to win the playoffs. Certainly not in the same way its so stacked against you in the league above. I think we are good enough to progress and no finish between 2 and 4 provides ample excuse to underperform and get pumped out. 

Momentum going into the play-offs is a big deal from an Alloa perspective just based on our previous experiences. On the three occasions we've gone into the play-offs on good form we've pretty much scooshed it- 2006 against Arbroath and Berwick to avoid relegation, 2013 against Brechin and Dunfermline and 2018 against Raith Rovers and Dumbarton (although we left it pretty late to break their cattenacio). 

I don't think finishing 2nd or 3rd makes much odds to be honest. 

It's all very well saying im not arsed about finishing 2nd or 3rd we are playing absolutely shite at the moment n will get pumped at the first hurdle. I'm not entirely convinced we will recapture any form before next weekend. I've gone for a draw in this one.

Edited by ebobsboy