Buckie Thistle 🟢⚪️ vs Brechin City 🔴⚪️ - The Title Showdown

jamamafegan

I know there's a Highland League Chat thread but f**k it, this deserves its own IMO. Lets generate some more interest in this match of epic proportions.

image.thumb.png.115067a86c6427165fea8fca554cd005.png

It all comes down to this on the last day. A winner takes all clash. A draw is enough for Buckie.

Will Brechin win the title for the first time as they continue their quest to return to the SPFL?

Or will it be 11 time champions Buckie who take the Highland League crown after missing out to Fraserburgh on the final day of last season?

Victoria Park - 'The Vic' - will be rocking for this one. Arguably the biggest Scottish game of the weekend, it is sure to be a dramatic day.

Post live match updates in here. Share your pics from the game if you attend.

May the best team win. Godspeed.

Edited by jamamafegan

• jamamafegan changed the title to Buckie Thistle 🟢⚪️ vs Brechin City 🔴⚪️ - The Title Showdown

Last time I ventured up to Buckie was for a HL decider against Deveronvale around a decade or so back.  They won that one fairly comfortably in front of a big home crowd.

Stakes much higher this time and have a feeling Brechin will win this one.

I’ve had a bad feeling since that penalty miss at 0-0 the other week that we’re going to miss out.

I know it’s only one miss over the entire season but can’t shake the feeling it’s going to cost us in the end.

59 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Last time I ventured up to Buckie was for a HL decider against Deveronvale around a decade or so back.  They won that one fairly comfortably in front of a big home crowd.

Stakes much higher this time and have a feeling Brechin will win this one.

My mate was playing for Buckie that day. 

'Mon ae Jags...Mon the HFL. My first Season Ticket, Buckie Thistle 1974/75. Now long displaced, but they still hold a huge place in my heart...

Unfortunately I'll be in the Kingdom this weekend, which is a bit gutting as I'm up there next weekend. Will see them against Spartans if they make it though 😊🤞 But I'll be there to watch Brechin if they make it too...guid luck to both sides.

Not a fucking thing about the game on the BBC Site, obviously. f**k them

Thanks to Ayr having played last night, a few of us decided to head up to the biggest game in Scottish football this weekend. Really looking forward to it.

What kind of crowd is expected at Victoria Park? I see Brechin are taking a good number through.

31 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Thanks to Ayr having played last night, a few of us decided to head up to the biggest game in Scottish football this weekend. Really looking forward to it.

What kind of crowd is expected at Victoria Park? I see Brechin are taking a good number through.

I think it's going to be packed, loads of neutrals going from up here, shouldn't have any trouble getting in though.