Celtic v Motherwell 22/4/23

1 hour ago, Allroy for Prez said:

Celtic fans raging will never not be funny. Even more so when it’s in the back of unrivalled success.

Seems like only yesterday they were chasing their team into the M74! 😂 

Won 30 of their 33 games so far and hold a 13pt lead at the top of the table (which I fancy Aberdeen to see maintained by beating the other Glasgow mob at Pittodrie today and sending their equally mutant and entitled fans into a gloriously unhinged frenzy too, regardless of how meaningless a fixture it is for them with the league already gone), and some still aren't happy.

Motherwell were doing anything possible to hold on to a precious point that helped us creep closer to safety from relegation. If Celtic were in a similar position, say, trying to hold on for a group stage place in European competition, they'd employ the same tactics to claw their way over the line. Any team would.

I really don't get why folk get so wound up. Birghitti was at it in goals for Utd at Fir Park last week while Utd held out for a vital win. Some around me were apoplectic, which amused me, as they love it when Kelly who is a master of the art does it for us.

Dropping a couple of points that matter not a single jot in the scheme of things and winding themselves up into a seething mess. A fair element of the Celtic support really are arrogant, entitled cnuts who'll cry for anything when they don't get their way. It's beautiful to watch at times.

12 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Won 30 of their 33 games so far and hold a 13pt lead at the top of the table (which I fancy Aberdeen to see maintained by beating the other Glasgow mob at Pittodrie today and sending their equally mutant and entitled fans into a gloriously unhinged frenzy too, regardless of how meaningless a fixture it is for them with the league already gone), and some still aren't happy.

Motherwell were doing anything possible to hold on to a precious point that helped us creep closer to safety from relegation. If Celtic were in a similar position, say, trying to hold on for a group stage place in European competition, they'd employ the same tactics to claw their way over the line. Any team would.

I really don't get why folk get so wound up. Birghitti was at it in goals for Utd at Fir Park last week while Utd held out for a vital win. Some around me were apoplectic, which amused me, as they love it when Kelly who is a master of the art does it for us.

Dropping a couple of points that matter not a single jot in the scheme of things and winding themselves up into a seething mess. A fair element of the Celtic support really are arrogant, entitled cnuts who'll cry for anything when they don't get their way. It's beautiful to watch at times.

Yip, it’s up to us to find a way past it and we couldn’t, it’s not great to watch but well don’t come to CP to entertain, they came with a game plan to take whatever they could and yesterday it worked. Well done them. 

I haven't seen the match highlights yet, but it seems from reading this thread that plucky wee Celtic somehow managed to pull off a heroic shock draw against a bullying Motherwell side whose game management could see them face SFA charges of desecrating the beautiful game. The massive financial disadvantage poor wee Celtic faced played a part as their world-renowned Angeball was well and truly punctured by Kettsball, leaving an inconsolable Celtic support to whinge like a bitch about their first pair of dropped points since 1965.

5 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Yip, it’s up to us to find a way past it and we couldn’t, it’s not great to watch but well don’t come to CP to entertain, they came with a game plan to take whatever they could and yesterday it worked. Well done them. 

Yeah. Celtic at home are the ones there to entertain their 60,000 supporters. Motherwell give fucks solely for the hundred or so hardy souls in their colours up in yon shitey corner.

Anyway, we're almost safe now so I'm sure we'll have similar 'classics' again next season with the same resultant meltdowns to look forward to. Yaaaaay!!!

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

There will be irate fans as per on twitter and the like but not on here really. They want to see it so badly they just make it up anyway.

one-hour.gif.dc88145bb4c0c300e09a234a79cf6fbe.gif

9 minutes ago, Squonk said:

I haven't seen the match highlights yet, but it seems from reading this thread that plucky wee Celtic somehow managed to pull off a heroic shock draw against a bullying Motherwell side whose game management could see them face SFA charges of desecrating the beautiful game. The massive financial disadvantage poor wee Celtic faced played a part as their world-renowned Angeball was well and truly punctured by Kettsball, leaving an inconsolable Celtic support to whinge like a bitch about their first pair of dropped points since 1965.

Edited by gannonball

22 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

You are making the motherwell of all assumptions with a bit of word salad on the side M8.
It was clear what the motherwell players were doing in the second half not got a problem with that tactic but here's the difference Celtic would go and look for the second to win the game where as Motherwell are happy with a point.
Motherwell failed in their mindset to find a way to win, Celtic were going for a winning record that has stood for years so it's a bit disappointing we didn't get it but fair play to the mighty well for stopping it. 

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You are making the motherwell of all assumptions with a bit of word salad on the side M8.
It was clear what the motherwell players were doing in the second half not got a problem with that tactic but here's the difference Celtic would go and look for the second to win the game where as Motherwell are happy with a point.
Motherwell failed in their mindset to find a way to win, Celtic were going for a winning record that has stood for years so it's a bit disappointing we didn't get it but fair play to the mighty well for stopping it. 

This is the type of stuff we are seeing more and more from Celtic fans (mainly on twitter to be fair) about how teams should just want it more and be more adventurous against teams like Celtic and somehow this will equate to positive results rather than Celtic just having a field day with the gaps that start to open up.

38 minutes ago, AJF said:

This is the type of stuff we are seeing more and more from Celtic fans (mainly on twitter to be fair) about how teams should just want it more and be more adventurous against teams like Celtic and somehow this will equate to positive results rather than Celtic just having a field day with the gaps that start to open up.

It's bollocks really, one of the most successful managers of this millennium is Mourinho who often played big games with no real intention of winning them just making sure they didn't lose. It was torture to watch to the point I eventually wouldn't watch any big games involving his teams but it worked more often than not for him.

Edited by gannonball

7 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

So my European analogy is wrong?

You're telling me that if Celtic were under the kosh for the majority of a match but holding onto a point with progression at stake, they'd push for a winner purely because of their swashbuckling, 'We Never Stop' mentality? Nae bother.

Not arguing the rights or wrongs of how teams try to bridge the gap when playing sides with massively more resources, but it's as if its the first time some of your fans have encountered diddies timewasting. It must happen at about 50 percent of your home games.

14 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

So my European analogy is wrong?

You're telling me that if Celtic were under the kosh for the majority of a match but holding onto a point with progression at stake, they'd push for a winner purely because of their swashbuckling, 'We Never Stop' mentality? Nae bother.

Not arguing the rights or wrongs of how teams try to bridge the gap when playing sides with massively more resources, but it's as if its the first time some of your fans have encountered diddies timewasting. It must happen at about 50 percent of your home games.

The mindset of this Celtic manager is to try to win every game we play regardless of the opposition, the mindset is cup football.
The chances Celtic had in the game to get the second were decent but Motherwell played their part by having the out ball in Van Veen to also push for a second nothing to do with resources in a one off game,resources over a season yes.

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The mindset of this Celtic manager is to try to win every game we play regardless of the opposition, the mindset is cup football.
The chances Celtic had in the game to get the second were decent but Motherwell played their part by having the out ball in Van Veen to also push for a second nothing to do with resources in a one off game,resources over a season yes.

So if we treated every game as a one off game we could win the league? 

Add this to simply trying harder and the diddies will be simply unstoppable next season. 

1 minute ago, Ron Aldo said:

So if we treated every game as a one off game we could win the league? 

Add this to simply trying harder and the diddies will be simply unstoppable next season. 

You can moan about resources playing Celtic 3 times a season but the other 35 games you have no excuses M8.

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Who was just making a valid point tbf. There will be irate fans as per on twitter and the like but not on here really. They want to see it so badly they just make it up anyway.

I agree with you here tbf. Not been much moaning about motherwells tactics on this thread anyway. 

some folk are absolutely desperate to bring out the heads gone patter. 

2 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

So the “sellic fans” you’re talking about is one guy?? 

You do realise how this site works? Fair play to willy & you though, you have both put it down to a bad day at the office & not whined about how unfair it is that they simply didnt lie down & take it.

27 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

We're trying to accrue enough points to stay in the division mate. Every game is a one off for us just now and every point is vital. We were never going to gamble with what we had.

A bit like last season when you were winning 2-1 and McGregor took the red card bringing Tierney down when he'd have been clean through. Like time-wasting it wasn't very sporting, but was a tactic that preserved your 3pts when Rangers were chasing you a bit closer. Everyone does what they have to sometimes.

35 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The mindset of this Celtic manager is to try to win every game we play regardless of the opposition

And its worked a treat in European games for oor Ange. 

Fair play. HH!

54 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You know, unless you manage the very best side in the world that is s horrible tactic to use, and why Celtic will be a should never ran in the Champions League, and probably Europa League too.  

The very good to best managers know when to change the mindset, and can get their team to do it.

3 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Have zero issue with Motherwell played. Seen comments in the media about the Premier League and how the dark arts are becoming a thing of the past however this is exactly what smaller clubs have to do to shithouse their way to a result and they done it well so zero complaints from me and tbf it was also a lovely finish for their goal.

Someone mentioned the onus is on us to break teams down especially at home and if we can’t do that then we should only be looking inward as there were some chances squandered particularly the Oh and Starfelt chances late on.

But you can’t win them all and I don’t expect to either so this is nothing, it’s been an outstanding season for us domestically so time to dust ourselves off and get ready for the semi. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

I agree with you here tbf. Not been much moaning about motherwells tactics on this thread anyway. 

some folk are absolutely desperate to bring out the heads gone patter. 

Haven’t seen it in this thread everyone has been pretty magnanimous in their assessment, Motherwell deserved that point especially going a goal behind it’s easy to crumble but they didn’t they kept themselves in it and made us pay for not being at our best so we take our medicine and move on