No to B teams

Hope fans of League Two clubs will get behind the No To B Teams campaign by contacting their club and urging them to vote against the new National Conference at the SFA AGM:

You are now only one bad season away from a division in which 16 out of 36 league games played would be against colts teams, if this doesn't get reversed.

34 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Hope fans of League Two clubs will get behind the No To B Teams campaign by contacting their club and urging them to vote against the new National Conference at the SFA AGM:

You are now only one bad season away from a division in which 16 out of 36 league games played would be against colts teams, if this doesn't get reversed.

It's interesting to see the Twitter comments wondering what the problem is, and thinking it's a good idea.  I'll wager these folk are OF firms as opposed to Scottish football fans - they wouldn't know a principle if it hit them on the coupon.

7 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

It's interesting to see the Twitter comments wondering what the problem is, and thinking it's a good idea.  I'll wager these folk are OF firms as opposed to Scottish football fans - they wouldn't know a principle if it hit them on the coupon.

*Old firm fans who've never been to a game in their puff, like the majority.

8 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

No doubt there will be Rangers fans on there telling us how much the national team will benefit from it, despite the majority of them weirdly hating the national team because they were papped into the 3rd Division. 

20 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

No doubt there will be Rangers fans on there telling us how much the national team will benefit from it, despite the majority of them weirdly hating the national team because they were papped into the 3rd Division. 

Not forgetting they hate the national team because they claim Kilmarnock fan Stevie Clarke is a "feenyin" and also those rangers fans who prefer England instead.

25 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

No doubt there will be Rangers fans on there telling us how much the national team will benefit from it, despite the majority of them weirdly hating the national team because they were admitted papped into the 3rd Division. 

FTFY

B teams work in some European countries. That doesn't mean that they'll work in Scottish football. I don't want B teams anywhere near our game. Its not a quick fix and the better Scottish young players in recent years haven't come through Old Form development sides. There's also the likelihood that young players aren't going to get a look in at the old firm anyway. The lack of B teams was never previously a barrier to young players at Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen or Dundee United 

Get B teams to f**k. If we want to expand the lower leagues and the pyramid then give proper teams a chance. And open up options for young players to play meaningful football with teams they might make it with. There's no value in B teams stockpiling young players to fill a B team when they're unlikely to make it with the parent club.

Edited by BallochSonsFan

Chairmen need to make the decision between short-term financial benefit over the will of supporters not to have the OF charade anywhere near their clubs, sporting integrity and a chance to grow something that has the potential to be bigger than any seasonal bung to drop into a shite league... I'm not holding my breath though! 

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

As much as I applaud the notion, all 20 L1 and L2 chairmen could vote against it, and it won't matter if the 22 above them vote for. Its nailed on the top 12 will, so they only need 10 more votes.

31 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

As much as I applaud the notion, all 20 L1 and L2 chairmen could vote against it, and it won't matter if the 22 above them vote for. Its nailed on the top 12 will, so they only need 10 more votes.

Not having a go at you here but the fact that fans don't even know what vote is due to take place on this yet we have national newspapers running the story that it's a done deal should tell you that this is a stitch up. I still have faith that fans will put enough pressure on boards across the country that this will fail, but it alarms me how Maxwell has been operating here and that fucking rat Brown can away and take a f**k to himself as well.

15 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Not having a go at you here but the fact that fans don't even know what vote is due to take place on this yet we have national newspapers running the story that it's a done deal should tell you that this is a stitch up. I still have faith that fans will put enough pressure on boards across the country that this will fail, but it alarms me how Maxwell has been operating here and that fucking rat Brown can away and take a f**k to himself as well.

I'm not in any way supportive of it. I'm just kind of resigned to it now.

23 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The best way to put pressure on is for fans to put season ticket purchases on hold to fully concentrate minds.

7 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

I'm not in any way supportive of it. I'm just kind of resigned to it now.

Which is what they are counting on people who are opposed doing so they can this through. Enough of a fuss directed at L1, L2 and non-league senior clubs between now and the SFA AGM and you never know...

16 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Which is what they are counting on people who are opposed doing so they can this through. Enough of a fuss directed at L1, L2 and non-league senior clubs between now and the SFA AGM and you never know...

I'll happily tweet etc to let my club know exactly how I feel. 

4 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I had a Twitter "debate" with Celtic fans who claimed they provided "evidence" on B-teams working, even though they definitely didn't. And obviously they went all on the defensive when I pointed out it's just about the 2 bigoted Glasgow clubs, which kinda proved my point.

On 29/04/2023 at 18:06, Marten said:

I had a Twitter "debate" with Celtic fans who claimed they provided "evidence" on B-teams working, even though they definitely didn't. And obviously they went all on the defensive when I pointed out it's just about the 2 bigoted Glasgow clubs, which kinda proved my point.

The Watery Farts anaw.

Lest you forget.