Scottish Cup Final 2023 - ICT v Celtic

11 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

ICT were the better team and will look back this morning and wonder what might have been.

I think that might be stretching the point, but Celtic were certainly off form and it was no surprise when Caley scored, from a move that any Celtic scout could have warned them about. 

Edited by Savage Henry

2 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Does anyone have the replay of the VAR check after the second goal? Reading through the thread and a few folk saying it was offside? 

The freeze frame did look offside, but they drew a line and 1.2 nanometers of a distant defender's arm played him on.

26 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

This thread is the cringiest, diddiest thing Ive ever read. P&B summed up in 45 pages. 

DIddums.

As was made clear earlier on, when your team has billions of MUNNY, is really big, REALLY big, has refs in their pocket and have won eleventy-squillion trophies, more than ANYBODY ELSE in the Milky Way, any new success doesn't keep you happy for long. As in this case.

32 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Sorry would you prefer us all to fawn over Celtic and their fantastic achievement of yet another treble instead? 

I’d like to apologise for any offence I caused ICT fans, I was referring to the hearts, Aberdeen, Falkirk, etc etc fans, who are spouting their usual pish we get on every match thread. Some of the comments from grown adults are embarrassing. 

58 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

This thread is the cringiest, diddiest thing Ive ever read. P&B summed up in 45 pages. 

If you’re looking for cringey and diddy things to read - Celtic Football Club have been banging on about a “world record of domestic trebles”, despite most countries not even having a secondary cup competition that would afford teams the opportunity to win a domestic treble.

You should check it out.

36 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Does anyone have the replay of the VAR check after the second goal? Reading through the thread and a few folk saying it was offside? 

We got about one replay of it.  It looked offside to me at the time and it still does, even with the line.  If it had been the other way round we’d never hear the end of it.  

That being said, had there been no VAR I doubt there’d have been too many complaints.  

VAR is a joke, though.

30 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

I’d like to apologise for any offence I caused ICT fans, I was referring to the hearts, Aberdeen, Falkirk, etc etc fans, who are spouting their usual pish we get on every match thread. Some of the comments from grown adults are embarrassing. 

I think you're being a bit sensitive,  most of the thread has been light hearted. A few wee digs but nothing OTT.

4 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

It’s a Fairy 🧚‍♀️ Tale!

Tell us how it happened?

Are you sitting comfortably? Then we'll begin.

Once upon a time, an Irish Marist saw how well an Irish Catholic team were doing in Edinburgh, and decided to start one in Glasgow.

Against all odds, he got a team successfully off the ground by stealing all the Edinburgh team's players.

They've continued  f****** over Scottish football ever since.

And they all lived happily ever after.

The End

Just now, Jacksgranda said:

Are you sitting comfortably? Then we'll begin.

Once upon a time, an Irish Marist saw how well an Irish Catholic team were doing in Edinburgh, and decided to start one in Glasgow.

Against all odds, he got a team successfully off the ground by stealing all the Edinburgh team's players.

They've continued  f****** over Scottish football ever since.

And they all lived happily ever after.

The End

That’s a lovely story.

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

That’s a lovely story.

Glad you enjoyed it. Now cuddle into your teddy and I'll switch off the light...

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig