30 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

“We’ll never see the likes of this again” 😆

Said as if

A - “this” is a good thing

and

B - that there’s any chance of “this” stopping sometime soon

f**k off Liam.

and 

C - as if we've not seen it five times in the last seven seasons.

Where does this "8 trebles is a new world record" stat come from...?

Linfield seem to have the same.

What's now the NIFL Cup only got introduced in 1986 as the IFL Cup... Linfield have 3 trebles in it (1993-94, 2005-06, 2007-08) but they also won 5 trebles in predecessor Gold Cup (1921-22, 1949-50, 1961-62, 1979-80, 1981-82).

Down the decades our leagues and league cup have also altered their names and governing bodies.

Just home. Can't fault the team. The bulk of the OldFirm support were restive as Caley bossed their team just before the first goal. And at 1-2. Third OldFirm goal put an unfair gloss on the score. 

I trust that in the usual manner, those OldFirmers singing sectarian tripe will be dealt with robustly by the authorities.

Can guarantee the buzz most The Caley fans got off our goal was better than anything any of them felt during the course of the evening. Cracking day and having already seen my team lift the trophy, it becomes clear that there's no need to tick a bucket list item off twice.

Edited by Stephen Malkmus

I’ve not read through much of the thread since the game started (only bits and bobs) so forgive me. 

I’m delighted with the way we played, I don’t think Dodds could have asked for more from the players in terms of performance. (I reserve the right to amend this after rewatching). 

My main worry was that we’d embarrass ourselves and concede a shitload a la Dundee United. Which I don’t think we’ve embarassed ourselves in the slightest.

Anyhow, if you’d said to me in 2015 we’d back there in 8 years I’d have probably laughed at you. So, viva la Caley Thistle and hope all my fellow Caley Jags fans enjoy their night. 

CBC out x 

(Also fair play to the Celtic fans in the pubs who have been fairly complimentary of us) 

1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

Is there something I'm missing here that makes this a fairytale? :lol:

Screenshot2023-06-03at13_49_36.thumb.png.d82a0d85d2fafe417032e5a8bed4def3.png

Celtic fans live in a world of make believe? 

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

For no other reason than to provide an alternative to Liam McLeod and Steven Thompson, my viaplay sub is worth every penny.

Which OF loving c***s were on viaplay?

22 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I’ve not read through much of the thread since the game started (only bits and bobs) so forgive me. 

I’m delighted with the way we played, I don’t think Dodds could have asked for more from the players in terms of performance. (I reserve the right to amend this after rewatching). 

My main worry was that we’d embarrass ourselves and concede a shitload a la Dundee United. Which I don’t think we’ve embarassed ourselves in the slightest.

Anyhow, if you’d said to me in 2015 we’d back there in 8 years I’d have probably laughed at you. So, viva la Caley Thistle and hope all my fellow Caley Jags fans enjoy their night. 

CBC out x 

(Also fair play to the Celtic fans in the pubs who have been fairly complimentary of us) 

Celtic fans are always complimentary when they beat you. Patronising fucks. 

ICT worked their socks off but Celtic, overall, dominated possession and chances.  It was telling that as soon as ICT scored, Celtic raised their tempo, quick passing and movement and scored a third. 

Deserved win and honour maintained in losing, in a decent match.