Scottish Cup Final 2023 - ICT v Celtic

6 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Which OF loving c***s were on viaplay?

Micheal Stewart

Martin O'Neil

Marvin Bartley

Is Marv still working for/with the SFA? If so the SFA do love giving second chances to questionable people. 

Thought we played well, disciplined performance tactically and kept it tight all through the game. Duffy had a fantastic game, probably the best game he’s ever had. Thought we pushed forward a bit more second half and enjoyed a good bounce and five minutes of hope after a brilliant goal.

Great day with the lads lads lads as well.

Excellent day out yesterday. Fair play to the boys for putting in an admirable performance in tough circumstances. A few assorted thoughts.

The strategy in the first half was extraordinarily disciplined. Almost a basketball-style half court press, and it worked very well. Apart from the goal and one defensive slip up, Celtic really didn’t threaten that much. Allardice in particular was fantastic - covered a lot of ground and was so composed, even with very good players running at him in the box.

All of that said, the price for that discipline was that we didn’t even dream about attacking. There were points where Henderson and McKay had space to run into but chose to turn round and pass backwards. Hard to watch, especially as we were never going to keep a clean sheet for 120 minutes. Would have been interesting to see when we did start attacking if we hadn’t conceded.

Goal Down at half time the boys obviously decided to have a go. It was pretty turgid stuff going forward though. McKay seemed like he wanted to buy a free kick more than he wanted to actually score. The less said about Shaw’s whole performance the better - I wonder if it was the occasion and his nerves got the better of him like at the start of the season. I thought Shaw through the middle and McKay on the left was clever for the first half press system, but they should have swapped back in the second half.

Wallace Duffy was unbelievably good both in defence and going forward. I’ll hold my hands up and say I (like many others) would have started Carson at RB, but Duffy was Caley’s man of the match for me. He was willing to take his man on, he played a lot of good through balls (unfortunately mostly to Shaw) and, of course, THAT cross.

Speaking of THAT cross, THAT goal! Caley fans were absolutely buzzing, and for about five minutes I genuinely believed we were going to win the cup. One of my favourite ever football moments. Danny McKay loves a big occasion. I wish him well at Hibs and if I ever get the chance to buy him a pint I will do.

Lastly, credit where it’s due to all the Caley fans. I’m Glasgow-based so take no credit personally, but it was a good turnout for the distance (and we all know about the kick off time) and it seemed to me that we had more fun than the 40k Celtic fans did.

3 minutes ago, GeorgiosSamaras said:

Fantastic day in the sun watching the Champions win another treble and set a world record. 17 out of the last 21 trophies and it just never gets old. Fantastic atmosphere off the park and a stroll on it with some great goals. Kyogo just loves finals. 

Yes, if you're honest, I think you'll find it gets old. And all the trophy counting really belongs in the tinpot thread.

27 minutes ago, GeorgiosSamaras said:

Fantastic day in the sun watching the Champions win another treble and set a world record. 17 out of the last 21 trophies and it just never gets old. Fantastic atmosphere off the park and a stroll on it with some great goals. Kyogo just loves finals. 

"Some great goals"? Bloody hell. There was one great goal and it wasn't for your team.

1 hour ago, GeorgiosSamaras said:

How can the equivalent of playing FIFA on easy not get old? Old firm fans are mental. 

2 minutes ago, Empty It said:

You've convinced us all. Glad the glory seekers got a wee bit happiness for half an hour before forgetting about it.

I was quite near the Celtic fans, and literally 10 seconds after the final whistle a lot of them had stopped clapping and were just standing there showing no emotion. 

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I was quite near the Celtic fans, and literally 10 seconds after the final whistle a lot of them had stopped clapping and were just standing there showing no emotion. 

Surprised they weren't doing their usual leave early to beat the traffic, best fans in the world.

1 hour ago, GeorgiosSamaras said:

The War of Two Queens (Blood and Ash, #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout |  Goodreads

11 hours ago, Swami said:

Celtic fans are always complimentary when they beat you. Patronising fucks. 

At the end of the 1967 Cup Final a middle aged Celtic fan shook my hand and said "I hope you win it before you're an old man". 3 years later we did win it, and they were throwing bottles at us...