Scottish Cup Final 2023 - ICT v Celtic

1 minute ago, Drew Brees said:

And so it continues. Absolute diddy fest. 

Well done on winning another treble. Unthinkable! Incredible!

*imagine that said in the voice of that wee toad from the BBC.

Will that do?

Going though our team

Ridgers - 6/10. Couldn’t do much with the goals, had a few dodgy moments when kicking the ball out.

Duffy - 9/10. Most people would’ve picked him to be dropped but he was our best player. Dealt magnificently with Maeda and put in a superb cross for the goal.

Deas - 7/10. Did well, didn’t make any mistakes and held the line well. 

Devine - 7/10. Same as Deas really, disciplines professional performance.

Harper - 8/10. Showed how far he’s come this season defensively and also used the ball wel.

Allardice - 8/10. Covered loads of ground, used the ball well when he had it and did well defensively. 

Welsh - 7/10. Similar to Allardice, was all over the park, worked very hard.

Henderson - 4/10. Very difficult to play at attacking role in a game like this but he really didn’t do anything of note and wasted a couple of chances he had to use his pace.

Shaw - 4/10. Similar to Henderson, difficult ask in this sort of game. Didn’t really offer much.

Carson - 7/10. Covered well defensively and put himself about well. It’s impressive as he usually plays full back.

Mckay - 6/10. Did the best with what he got, again difficult to play as a lone stjriker in a game like this.

Dan MacKay gets 9/10 purely for his goal.

Edited by ICTChris

3 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

The freeze frame did look offside, but they drew a line and 1.2 nanometers of a distant defender's arm played him on.

But isn’t it only offside if its a body part that you can score from? Or does that only apply to attackers?

42 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

But isn’t it only offside if its a body part that you can score from? Or does that only apply to attackers?

That’s what I thought the law was too. Your arms and hands can’t be offside for example. 

12 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

That’s what I thought the law was too. Your arms and hands can’t be offside for example. 

I was shouting to my pal about that offside how it couldn’t have been since it was the defenders arm that the line was drawn from, but f**k knows, we know how it goes when playing against the OF.

1 hour ago, SweeperDee said:

20 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I think they take it from the shirt sleeve.

So if the ball hit you on your BCG scar you'd be ok.

4 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

I was shouting to my pal about that offside how it couldn’t have been since it was the defenders arm that the line was drawn from, but f**k knows, we know how it goes when playing against the OF.

If the roles were reversed and we’d scored it there would be calls from the usual Celtic lunatics for a review into refereeing standards and the replay would’ve been shown hundreds of times already. 

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Going though our team

Ridgers - 6/10. Couldn’t do much with the goals, had a few dodgy moments when kicking the ball out.

Duffy - 9/10. Most people would’ve picked him to be dropped but he was our best player. Dealt magnificently with Maeda and put in a superb cross for the goal.

Deas - 7/10. Did well, didn’t make any mistakes and held the line well. 

Devine - 7/10. Same as Deas really, disciplines professional performance.

Harper - 8/10. Showed how far he’s come this season defensively and also used the ball wel.

Allardice - 8/10. Covered loads of ground, used the ball well when he had it and did well defensively. 

Welsh - 7/10. Similar to Allardice, was all over the park, worked very hard.

Henderson - 4/10. Very difficult to play at attacking role in a game like this but he really didn’t do anything of note and wasted a couple of chances he had to use his pace.

Shaw - 4/10. Similar to Henderson, difficult ask in this sort of game. Didn’t really offer much.

Carson - 7/10. Covered well defensively and put himself about well. It’s impressive as he usually plays full back.

Mckay - 6/10. Did the best with what he got, again difficult to play as a lone stjriker in a game like this.

Dan MacKay gets 9/10 purely for his goal.

Agree generally. Certainly about Duffy. In advance I'd been hopeful that Shaw might be a kind of secret weapon, an awkward player they didn't know much about, but he couldn't get involved enough.

To be fair to Ridgers, just after he had his Joe Hart passback moment, he pulled off a terrific save.

6 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I think that might be stretching the point, but Celtic were certainly off form and it was no surprise when Caley scored, from a move that any Celtic scout could have warned them about. 

The BBC commentator's certainly wouldn't agree they were off form. Talking like it was the greatest celtic performance of all time. 

Considering Caley put out 2 premiership teams with relative ease. It's not a surprise that they could make a reasonable attempt at containing celtic. 

A good day for us where we gave a good account of ourselves and contained Celtic well in the first half, a great goal by Mackay which silenced the Philistines for 5 minutes, all in all no complaints, pre match refreshments were good as was the parking and a few last night.

A good all round effort by the team as a whole against a strong Celtic and a majority Celtic support who all thought it was going to be the walkover it didn't turn out to be.

Just watched the recording and a nice touch by the commentator where he mentioned Tommy Cumming, sair heed and a quieter night tonight.

Noted the commentator also mentioned Dodds hasn't been offered a contract.

8 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

This thread is the cringiest, diddiest thing Ive ever read. P&B summed up in 45 pages. 

As I've said earlier Celtic are a big fish in a very small pond but a minnow in Europe's vast football loch.

Live with it.