πŸ”΅πŸ”΄ The Caley v Ayr βšͺ⚫

When I was up for the game in August, I was recommended McLeod's. Wee bit out the way from the centre but was en route to my digs. Thought it was a decent fish supper, not bad price.

Fish supper, pickled onions, brown sauce, can of the Bru. Only way to go.

Β 

Score draw, Arbroath to win and Partick to lose 3-0 would be just lovely.

Torn between that greetin' faced bellend Coyle's mob getting stuffed or Bowyer's rank outfit getting the same.Β 

A goal each disallowed just to see them both explode with rage.

2 hours ago, RiG said:

What does everyone have from the chippy and what do you put on it? The classic fish supper is my staple though I am partial to a jumbo sausage (oo er) and chips. Bit of salt and vinegar and some tomato sauce rounds things off nicely.

Sausage supper, loads of salt and sauce, a wee bit of chippie ketchup on the side, and a big whack of cheese on the chips. Glorious.

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Visit any shitey Ayrshire village and it's full of Super Mutants.Β 

Thirty years ago even Tarbolton had a decent chippie. Doesn't even have a boozer now unless the masonic club gets opened for a wake.

Edited by Thumper

12 hours ago, Thumper said:

Β 

Thirty years ago even Tarbolton had a decent chippie. Doesn't even have a boozer now unless the masonic club gets opened for a wake.

Aye if ye count only frying on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday when old man Polli decided to fire up the fryer.

Sure the Plough and Black Bull are still open up there, but aye, polluted with some absolute mutants

31 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

What's the parking situation like up at the ground? Is it best to arrive earlyish or is it normally easy enough to get a space?Β 

Β£5 to park in the away car park which is directly behind the South Stand. Will be plenty of space in there. Or you could drive a minute or two past the stadium, under the bridge, and there is plenty of car parks to take your pick from, which won't cost you anything.

4 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Are they still doing curried goats penis and chips, I heard it was a big family favourite in Ayr.

Think you are getting Ayr and Kilmarnock mixed upΒ 

32 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Are they still doing curried goats penis and chips, I heard it was a big family favourite in Ayr.

Zing! You ever thought of getting into the comedy roast business?

Β Is this what passes for patter in Inverness? Christ, man, wrap it…I’m still cringing from that eyesore of a post you put up a few days ago.Β 

2 hours ago, CoolLesterSmooth said:

Β Is this what passes for patter in Inverness? Christ, man, wrap it…I’m still cringing from that eyesore of a post you put up a few days ago.Β 

Och, that's just Sandy, he's harmless, thin skinned right enough but harmless all the same.

As far as the football is concerned, this game is just the ticket for mitigating the after the lord mayor's show syndrome that we would commonly expect.

In addition, ICT now have opportunities in terms of player selection that allows for game planning that is way beyond what we had not so long ago and prompts what I hope is goingΒ to be a great occasion that is sure to be much closer than last week's game.

Fitness allowing, I cannot see past the same starting ICT eleven and I'm fairly looking forward to it.

Β 

4 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

I’ve never heard of a chippy servingΒ that down this way? At least you’ve given everyone on here an insight into what ideas are floating around your mind, and perhaps some food you’d like to try/have already tried…
Β 

Ayr to scrape a 2-1 win to finish 2nd.Β 

6 hours ago, CoolLesterSmooth said:

My eyes still haven't recovered from that post.

34 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

This has got to be the worst thread in pie and bovril history .Full of pishΒ  patter and chippy recommendations.Β 

Gladiator GIF